Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 19:50   #991
BHPian

So where are the official reviews of the jazz? Last I remember, the original jazz review came up after an event where tbhp was invited. No such invites this time?

Looking forward to a swift vs jazz comparo.
herculesksp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 11:02   #992
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

There's no major change from the initial version. Front/rear bumpers and a redesigned headlamp along with some chrome and beige interiors. The original review holds good and it has been changed as well to reflect the new pricing.
Old 31st August 2011, 13:42   #993
BHPian

Hi, I am planning to buy the Jazz in the next couple of weeks. I was impressed by the no features and the FE. But I assume resale of this vehicle will be bad.

And with the Brio launching soon, does anyone think there will be a further reduction in the Jazz price? Or are the dealers giving discounts especially in Hyd?

Any views? Tx.
Old 31st August 2011, 14:53   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Hi, I am planning to buy the Jazz in the next couple of weeks. I was impressed by the no features and the FE. But I assume resale of this vehicle will be bad.

And with the Brio launching soon, does anyone think there will be a further reduction in the Jazz price? Or are the dealers giving discounts especially in Hyd?

Any views? Tx.
Hi Yeggina,

I have seen the new Jazz last week in Pride Honda showroom. Overall its a good choice if you are looking for a petrol. No discounts from dealer side, they said may be 5K corporate discount can be given. Waiting period now was around 3 months (if we book now, delivery can be around december 1st week). For your information following are the on road prices,

Jazz - 662015
Jazz select - 690875
Jazz X - MT - 718580 + 8000 (mandatory accessory kit for Jazz X)

Standard warranty is for 2 yrs / 40K km's. For 3rd year/60K km's additional warranty - 3000/- and for 4 year/80K km's - 6200.

In hyderabad rta there is new rule i.e if already any vehicle is registered in your name, for 2nd vehicle you have to pay 14% life tax instead of 12%. So we need to register the vehicle in some one else name (wife, son etc...). For 14% tax add another 10-12 K as life tax

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 31st August 2011, 20:36   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Re resale value - I dont see any reason for the resale value to be bad at the revised purchase price. Only people who bought the car at a significantly higher price will take a hit. Just my 2 cents.
Old 1st September 2011, 16:10   #996
BHPian

I test drove the Jazz, and for good measure, the City. The City has the required power to go on the Highway, the Jazz falls short. Otherwise, the Jazz is a delight. I read today that a new City is in the offing later this year, and if this is the case, it explains the dealer discounts on the existing City!
Old 1st September 2011, 17:13   #997
BHPian

Thanks Crisscross, Srinivas.

The 3 month waiting period is a killjoy. With so many new cars available with a shorter waiting period, a 3 month waiting period for an existing model is too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Hi Yeggina,

I have seen the new Jazz last week in Pride Honda showroom. Overall its a good choice if you are looking for a petrol. No discounts from dealer side, they said may be 5K corporate discount can be given. Waiting period now was around 3 months (if we book now, delivery can be around december 1st week). For your information following are the on road prices,

Jazz - 662015
Jazz select - 690875
Jazz X - MT - 718580 + 8000 (mandatory accessory kit for Jazz X)

Standard warranty is for 2 yrs / 40K km's. For 3rd year/60K km's additional warranty - 3000/- and for 4 year/80K km's - 6200.

In hyderabad rta there is new rule i.e if already any vehicle is registered in your name, for 2nd vehicle you have to pay 14% life tax instead of 12%. So we need to register the vehicle in some one else name (wife, son etc...). For 14% tax add another 10-12 K as life tax

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 1st September 2011, 23:28   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Crisscross, Srinivas.

The 3 month waiting period is a killjoy. With so many new cars available with a shorter waiting period, a 3 month waiting period for an existing model is too long.
Im not sure how long this waiting period will last!
Proabably on the launch of Brio, it may just get cut down!
Old 2nd September 2011, 08:15   #999
BHPian

I think the Jazz waiting period may take a slight dip when the Brio hits the market, specially since both cars have the same engines and the Brio's weight makes it peppier.
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:27   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Pricing: Honda's pricing has been a shocker and, at 6.98 lakhs (ex showroom Delhi) doesn't offer value. The difference between the top-end Jazz and the entry level City is a mere 48,000 (City 1.5 E MT @ 7.81 lakhs). The Jazz's pricetag actually makes the Hyundai i20 seem like VFM. Even the full blown i20 Asta (O) is a whopping 1.2 lakhs cheaper (ex showroom Delhi), and that's with FAR superior equipment levels (6 airbags et al). Can a clever car & the "H" badge do some magic in the marketplace? Only time will tell.
This also needs editing..
Also new car pics alongside the old ones would complete the exercise.

Last edited by vigneshA : 2nd September 2011 at 11:29. Reason: Elaborated the request.
Old 11th September 2011, 21:01   #1001

Hi,
Anybody out here who hav booked new jazz n waiting? I booked 1around 15days , but now looks like wil have to wait more. Sales person told me that honda is conc on brio n hence jazz production is less.

Anybody facing similar problem?

Cheers,
Avinash
Old 11th September 2011, 21:36   #1002
BHPian

Hi,

I have read about Jazz hybrid available in the international market, any idea whether it would show up in India soon? Would pricing be a problem?

Cheers...venks
Old 11th September 2011, 22:37   #1003
BHPian

When I took a test drive of the Jazz two weeks or so ago, they were already telling us it will take two months for the delivery of the Jazz. So unless you had a pre existing booking of the old Jazz, it is unlikely to come so soon.
Old 11th September 2011, 22:45   #1004
BHPian

I booked 10 days ago and was told the delivery would happen in 45-50 days. Now I hear its 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
Hi,
Anybody out here who hav booked new jazz n waiting? I booked 1around 15days , but now looks like wil have to wait more. Sales person told me that honda is conc on brio n hence jazz production is less.

Anybody facing similar problem?

Cheers,
Avinash
Old 15th September 2011, 12:51   #1005
BHPian

Yes. I am being told that there is a three month waiting period. I wanted to book the basic(Standard) version as there are not many bookings for that. But now I am being told that production for this car has not even started.

While somewhere in this thread, it says that production for the basic version will start in the first week of Sep.

Does anyone have insight into this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks