Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 22:31   #946
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Honda doesn't recommend synthetic for Jazz.
I didnt see a recommendation on the manual either. Without starting a debate on synthetic vs mineral, does the Jazz with the way we drive require advanced oil? I dont think so. Since we are sticking to the manufacturer's oil, should be good enough.

But I see service guys pushing synthetic. I dont see a point with the low profile user I am. I use the most advanced stuff and push the limits on my RC cars though....
Old 17th May 2011, 22:47   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Also, tell her to make sure they do not change oil again before another 7000/8000 km at least. Else they might try to change oil again at the next service.
I had put synthetic in 3rd service. I thought we have to change oil every 6 months as per recommendation of Honda. Isn't that true ? Can we carry along without oil change for 7K - 8K ? Will that have implication on warranty ?

@adimicra Guess its Honda synthetic oil which they use. Why do you say they don't recommend ? Also, is it ok if I revert to Mineral after synthetic ?

thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 23:12   #948
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
I had put synthetic in 3rd service. I thought we have to change oil every 6 months as per recommendation of Honda. Isn't that true ? Can we carry along without oil change for 7K - 8K ? Will that have implication on warranty ?
That recommendation of oil change every 6 months/5000km is for mineral oil. I haven't actually seen anything specifically written about synthetic, but the SA at the workshop verbally assured me if I put synthetic, I need not change again in one year or about 10000 km. And I have changed oil twice so far (after going synthetic) at intervals of 9000 km and 8000 km.
Old 18th May 2011, 00:46   #949
Senior - BHPian

Idemitsu. That's what Honda uses. But why would the dealer use Synth without request?

I had to go through pain just to find out the price for once. The bill Must have other spares included.
Old 18th May 2011, 10:46   #950
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
wanted to inform that I have received the USB adapter for Jazz from XCARLINK through a fellow BHPian in Delhi.
The stuff has one USB port, one IPod port and a SD card reader.
I wanted to get the Bluetooth adapter too but it was out of stock, should get in the next week or two.
Sorry, no pics but you can check the stuff at the following link

Honda USB/SD MP3 Interface Model V*::*HONDA*::*XCarLink

I am planning to upgrade the ICE - amps, front compos and good oval coaxials for the rear. Most probably will get it done by the end of this month.
Will post the details in my ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post

@adimicra Guess its Honda synthetic oil which they use. Why do you say they don't recommend ? Also, is it ok if I revert to Mineral after synthetic ?

thanks
I don't remember where I read the stuff but in my discussions the SE told me repeatedly that we should change oil every 6 months/10000 kms.
Why would anyone use synthetic oil in that case, unless one has very deep pockets?
If the manufacturer recommends synthetic oil of a particular grade, then only it makes sense to use it. Otherwise, mineral oil should be the default with such frequent oil change intervals.

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th May 2011 at 17:54. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 10:52   #951
BHPian

I too want the Bluetooth adapter for xcarlink for innova. I think both adapters are the same.
Old 18th May 2011, 11:17   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
wanted to inform that I have received the USB adapter for Jazz from XCARLINK through a fellow BHPian in Delhi.
I wanted to get the Bluetooth adapter too but it was out of stock, should get in the next week or two.

adimicra, how is this unit connected to the OEM system. is it a simple plug in & play device or needs some installation work? Also, I would appreciate it if you could give some more details of the unit (price, how to obtain etc). I was interested in getting a connector/ cable for my iphone, but wouldnt hurt me if I got a SD card reader along with it!
Old 18th May 2011, 14:27   #953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
adimicra, how is this unit connected to the OEM system. is it a simple plug in & play device or needs some installation work? Also, I would appreciate it if you could give some more details of the unit (price, how to obtain etc). I was interested in getting a connector/ cable for my iphone, but wouldnt hurt me if I got a SD card reader along with it!
The main motivation for me to get this stuff was the USB port so that I can play songs from Pen drive. Jazz already has the aux-in for playing songs from ipod. SD card reader is just an add-on and I could have lived without it.

Also, this stuff says that i can use all the controls on the headunit and the steering audio controls when I play songs from pen drive/ipod. Yet to test it though.

I haven't fitted it but it seems very simple to install..just need to plug in the stuff at the CD changer port on the back of the headunit and the adapter can be placed in the glovebox.
Old 18th May 2011, 15:01   #954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The main motivation for me to get this stuff was the USB port so that I can play songs from Pen drive. Jazz already has the aux-in for playing songs from ipod. SD card reader is just an add-on and I could have lived without it.
Also, this stuff says that i can use all the controls on the headunit and the steering audio controls when I play songs from pen drive/ipod. Yet to test it though
One of our fellow bhpians DerAlte had recommended that I buy a 3.5mm cable to connect from the headphone output to the Aux in. In this case, I will have to operate the music from the iPh and (I think) I cannot use the steering controls.

Can you please confirm - when you have installed it - if you can use the steering controls? By the way how does one remove the head unit?
Old 18th May 2011, 16:51   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
By the way how does one remove the head unit?
Me also wanted to know about the same.

I think it will be helpful if any one had Workshop Manual for Jazz. I tried to search the net and was not able to find. Does any one have link for Jazz workshop manual?

Last edited by scrooze : 18th May 2011 at 16:53.
Old 18th May 2011, 17:00   #956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Me also wanted to know about the same.
I think it will be helpful if any one had Workshop Manual for Jazz. I tried to search the net and was not able to find. Does any one have link for Jazz workshop manual?
I have a manual of the Honda Fit (US version of Jazz) that a fellow bhpian shared with me. Let me know if you are interested in having a look. It does not mention how to remove the head unit though.

The Jazz workshop manual will be useful for me too; can you share it with me if/ when you lay your hands on one?
Old 18th May 2011, 23:29   #957
BHPian

Quote:
.just need to plug in the stuff at the CD changer port on the back of the headunit and the adapter can be placed in the glovebox.
Does that mean you will not be able to play CD's anymore?
Old 20th May 2011, 08:53   #958
BHPian

Finally found it!!

Introducing the Scosche Motormouth II Stereo. A simple plug-n-play device that connects to the Aux-In port of your car audio unit. Features include bluetooth mic for handsfree calling and A2DP audio streaming. To borrow words from the CNET review of the product "It's a simple idea, but also an effective one that we're surprised that no one had thought of until now".

It will still not allow navigation of music files from the Jazz's steering control like in a USB connected device, but for those who don't mind playing music from their phone it gives an additional benefit of handsfree calling without any complicated installation.

There's also a cheaper version without music streaming, only for handsfree calling. The two of these are priced at 60 and 80 USD.

For those interested, you may check out the following links
motorMOUTH II stereo - Handsfree & Streaming Audio Car Kit
motorMOUTH II - Handsfree Car Kit
Scosche MotorMouth II Stereo Review - Home Entertainment - CNET Reviews

gvivek75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 22:17   #959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I am planning to upgrade the ICE - amps, front compos and good oval coaxials for the rear. Most probably will get it done by the end of this month.
Will post the details in my ownership thread.
Adi, isn't there a simpler option to add an USB port to the already existing hub? Maybe a connector through the AUX-in port which is compatible with an USB inlet.

Taking out the integrated head unit could be tough. Hopefully it won't void the warranty or anything. Looking forward to your update when you get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvivek75 View Post
Introducing the Scosche Motormouth II Stereo. A simple plug-n-play device that connects to the Aux-In port of your car audio unit. Features include bluetooth mic for handsfree calling and A2DP audio streaming. To borrow words from the CNET review of the product "It's a simple idea, but also an effective one that we're surprised that no one had thought of until now".

It will still not allow navigation of music files from the Jazz's steering control like in a USB connected device, but for those who don't mind playing music from their phone it gives an additional benefit of handsfree calling without any complicated installation.

There's also a cheaper version without music streaming, only for handsfree calling. The two of these are priced at 60 and 80 USD.

That looks like a well-thought out device. Simple and easy to use.

I bet something like this exists for the missing USB option as well. Someone just needs to find it.
Old 18th June 2011, 23:47   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Adi, isn't there a simpler option to add an USB port to the already existing hub? Maybe a connector through the AUX-in port which is compatible with an USB inlet.

Taking out the integrated head unit could be tough. Hopefully it won't void the warranty or anything. Looking forward to your update when you get it done.

I too thought the same before I started researching - It's just an USB, what's the big deal?

But, it is not as simple as you think. If you want something which will work with the car HU and the steering audio controls, this is your best bet.
And if you find anything simpler and equally effective, let me know!

Last edited by adimicra : 19th June 2011 at 00:14.

Most Viewed