Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 20:42   #931

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Just what I have been looking for since quite a while now. Care to let us know what Carnation is? and can I order it online?
I got inspired by this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...found-one.html

It helped I was based off Cochin, Kerala, but I understand that you can locate a suitable outlet of Carnation from here - :: Carnation ::
Old 13th May 2011, 21:08   #932
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just what I have been looking for since quite a while now. Care to let us know what Carnation is? and can I order it online?
Is that the Car Service initiative by Jagdish Khattar? If so, here is the website :: Carnation ::
Old 14th May 2011, 14:46   #933
BHPian

Quote:
It is available locally at Calcutta Motors, Mithakali and there is an option of beige colour also.
Old 14th May 2011, 16:31   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by td2cga View Post
I got an armrest installed in the front. Cost around Rs. 1800 from Carnation. You loose one storage unit as the armrest base is screwed in there. However the armrest itself contains a storage area so it evens out, not that the Jazz is lacking storage spaces anyway

Attachment 543175 Attachment 543176
My dear friend. You have been ripped off for this armrest. Not surprised it is carnation. Go to ebay india, and in the car and bike accessory section, just key in arm rest and search. You will get several options.

You will get the exact same thing on Ebay for around 1100, including shipping. I got the same thing for my Accent, but I bought it from a shop in Bangalore at a place called JC road, for about 1250. You can fix this your self, and at a height that you desire, so it is comfortable and does not cause any discomfort while driving. Am ordering another one, this time in black for my other car (last one was in Beige).
Old 14th May 2011, 19:14   #935
Senior - BHPian

Not commenting on Carnation I would say that the prices vary a lot based on quality of the product.
Old 14th May 2011, 19:34   #936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij

It is available locally at Calcutta Motors, Mithakali and there is an option of beige colour also.
Thanks. Any idea how much is it for? If it's in the 1500-1800 ballpark, I'm game. Will get it fitted tomorrow. I think the arm rest is a very useful feature sorely missing in the jazz.
Will inquire about the bootlamp too...
Old 15th May 2011, 12:15   #937

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
My dear friend. You have been ripped off for this armrest. Not surprised it is carnation. Go to ebay india, and in the car and bike accessory section, just key in arm rest and search. You will get several options.

You will get the exact same thing on Ebay for around 1100, including shipping. I got the same thing for my Accent, but I bought it from a shop in Bangalore at a place called JC road, for about 1250. You can fix this your self, and at a height that you desire, so it is comfortable and does not cause any discomfort while driving. Am ordering another one, this time in black for my other car (last one was in Beige).
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Not commenting on Carnation I would say that the prices vary a lot based on quality of the product.
Considering I bought a Jazz, it's a feeling I am getting used to

On a more serious note, the armrest you describe was available for Rs. 1300 at Carnation, but it wouldn't fit on a Jazz. They went through their brochures, located one and had it couriered in the next day. The main difference I could see was in the stand/base of the armrest.

With respect to the brand of the product, I noticed a QSJY trademark on the armrest which led me to this site/photo which seems to be exactly what I have - Zhejiang Qishijiayin Auto Supplies Co.,Ltd.

The finish of the armrest, seemed to be on par with the interior finish of the swift. The build of the armrest (though it looked to be a bit flimsy to me), has withstood the concerted efforts of an 8 year old & a 4 year old for the past 6 months. Anything that can survive that, gets my vote.

The cost included installation which was an half-an-hour job involving assembling the armrest, drilling 4 holes into one of the holders and screwing the base of the armrest into it. Even though the brochure said no drilling required, the armrest was not too stable without the screws.
Old 16th May 2011, 11:12   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I also noticed the same but thought that it must be on account of illumination inside.
I must confess you guys have a keen sense of observation, much better than mine.
Yes, after careful observation, I felt the AC knobs are slightly warm but can't be classified as 'hot'. It never bothered me, may be I have a thick skin
Old 16th May 2011, 19:08   #939
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone notice that the spare tire on the jazz is fitted upside down - that means, if you want to fill air, you have to unbolt it, turn it upside down and then the filling valve will be available for fill. Quite a pain!
Old 16th May 2011, 20:06   #940
BHPian

Yep. I noticed it too. You can fill in once bimonthly with 2 -3 psi more. That's what I do.
Old 17th May 2011, 09:45   #941
BHPian

Do we regularly have to fill air in the spare tire too? I never even bother about it !
Old 17th May 2011, 10:12   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Do we regularly have to fill air in the spare tire too? I never even bother about it !
Yes, what would you do if you have an issue with one of your tyres and want to use the spare wheel? Also, this should be one of your checks before proceeding on any trips out of town.

Quote:
Did anyone notice that the spare tire on the jazz is fitted upside down - that means, if you want to fill air, you have to unbolt it, turn it upside down and then the filling valve will be available for fill. Quite a pain!
Yes this is quite a pain, especially at petrol pumps where there is usually a huge queue for filling/ checking air. I have had to search for a fellow who has adequate space without blocking the road.
Old 17th May 2011, 12:08   #943
BHPian

Guys: A friend of mine who drives a jazz just did the 2nd free service and she was charged around 2800 rs for Oil change. Is this normal?
Old 17th May 2011, 14:07   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Guys: A friend of mine who drives a jazz just did the 2nd free service and she was charged around 2800 rs for Oil change. Is this normal?
I was charged 900 odd for the same. Did they put synthetic?
Honda doesn't recommend synthetic for Jazz.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 16:23   #945
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
That would be exactly the amount if they have put fully synthetic. Ask her to check that they have indeed put synthetic. Also, tell her to make sure they do not change oil again before another 7000/8000 km at least. Else they might try to change oil again at the next service.
akp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks