Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 22:51   #886
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Did anyone have a case of the wiper blade peeling off? I am trying to find out if its a case of bad quality or vandalism. I have seen blades cracking but never peeling off.
Old 4th April 2011, 13:01   #887
BHPian

Hi, soon i will be looking at changing my Corolla Altis! Anyone owning Jazz having ground clearance issue! that means, does the underside rub/hit the huge humps we have in Bangalore. How is it when driving alone v/s driving full? Thx
Old 4th April 2011, 20:16   #888
Senior - BHPian

Yes, there is an issue of lower clearance like many Honda cars. But I dont think that is acute like in the case of the Civic. My car still slightly rubs over large humps. So I approach the hump sideways.

Bangalore, the scene may be different.
Old 5th April 2011, 09:40   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Hi, soon i will be looking at changing my Corolla Altis! Anyone owning Jazz having ground clearance issue! that means, does the underside rub/hit the huge humps we have in Bangalore. How is it when driving alone v/s driving full? Thx
The GC is not great but not bad either. I have scrapped only twice in the last 7 months or so..u can easily negotiate most of the bumps if you are a little careful.
When fully loaded, every car squats but the Jazz does not squat much as the suspension is on the harder side.

SO, all in all, the GC is ok - it is not the best but not a deal breaker either. There are many cars in the market with a much worse GC.
Old 6th April 2011, 00:26   #890
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is a case with new generations cars or only Honda. My body paint chips even on the slightest contact. I remember this never used to happen with my Alto. It has taken many small impacts without paint chipping off.

Any advise?? I was suggested to go for a Teflon coating.
Old 6th April 2011, 09:44   #891
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep get a teflon coating. It somehow seems to protect the car better in case of small encounters with drivers who get too close for comfort. Plus it brushes off dirt and water better.

There is a chain of thought on TBHP that feels the Teflon does not make a difference, but I think it is good to have and have found myself being able to wipe off mild encounters.

Go for a service from the Authorized service guys where in they REFINISH the surface every time you take it for service (2 addtional times in a year for a Total of 3 times). This ensures that you save on time and effort of getting it done while you wait outside. Authorized SC normally provides the more reputed 3M or Wruth treatment though it is more expensive then getting it done outside.
Old 6th April 2011, 10:34   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep get a teflon coating. It somehow seems to protect the car better in case of small encounters with drivers who get too close for comfort. Plus it brushes off dirt and water better.

There is a chain of thought on TBHP that feels the Teflon does not make a difference, but I think it is good to have and have found myself being able to wipe off mild encounters.

Go for a service from the Authorized service guys where in they REFINISH the surface every time you take it for service (2 addtional times in a year for a Total of 3 times). This ensures that you save on time and effort of getting it done while you wait outside. Authorized SC normally provides the more reputed 3M or Wruth treatment though it is more expensive then getting it done outside.
+1 to that...I have done the Teflon coating during the delivery of the car with another coating done in the 6-month service.
The results are very good and the dirt comes out easily while washing/cleaning without affecting the paint.
Definitely recommended.

PS - There are many types of 'Teflon' coating available from different companies. All of them try to provide a protective layer on the paint and also provide the shine/gloss. You can do some research on which one is the best and go for that. There are several articles available on TBHP and other sites on this topic. I went with whatever the dealership was providing as it was FOC. Good luck!
Old 8th April 2011, 21:31   #893
BHPian

I hope this aint slightly OT. Damn! The sales of the Jazz have really been dwindling for the past 2 months and has hit a bottom of just 152 units for March. Infact sales wise it was a bad month for Honda overall. They should really up the ante, do something rather than just resting on their laurels.

Come on Honda, the Jazz is a good car, we want it to stick around here.

Back to the topic: anyone fitted a gps in their Jazz?? If yes, then will you elaborate which one, where have you fitted. I am thinking of getting one.
Old 13th April 2011, 18:04   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Not sure if this is a case with new generations cars or only Honda. My body paint chips even on the slightest contact. I remember this never used to happen with my Alto. It has taken many small impacts without paint chipping off.

Any advise?? I was suggested to go for a Teflon coating.
I am also having the same problem. Even slight contact from any two wheeler leaves its impression on the car. Paint of the car easily chips off. This has never happened to my other cars.

I have got 3M Teflon Coating done on my car.
Old 13th April 2011, 19:42   #895
BHPian

I dont' agree less. My maruti 800 had better paint than this one. Even I felt the same. Is it because of low quality painting done by Honda ?
Old 14th April 2011, 10:47   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I am also having the same problem. Even slight contact from any two wheeler leaves its impression on the car. Paint of the car easily chips off. This has never happened to my other cars.

I have got 3M Teflon Coating done on my car.
Ditto. I got the 3M coating done on my car as well and the next day it gets kissed by my friend's Black colored Chevy Beat. Paint chipped off easily on the Jazz as if it was just recently painted. And the Beat didn't have the slightest bit of scratch on it
Old 14th April 2011, 11:50   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Ditto. I got the 3M coating done on my car as well and the next day it gets kissed by my friend's Black colored Chevy Beat. Paint chipped off easily on the Jazz as if it was just recently painted. And the Beat didn't have the slightest bit of scratch on it
Yeah! Same here, paint gets chipped off easily...

but still... 'meri Jazz Mahaan'
Old 28th April 2011, 13:52   #898
Senior - BHPian

I take this opportunity to welcome myself as a late entrant to your ilk! I brought home a pre owned Jazz last week.
A quick question which I hope you can help me with - have any of you tried to get armrests installed? I guess its only feasible in the front; if its done in the rear seat it may hamper the 'magic seats'.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 14:04   #899
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I take this opportunity to welcome myself as a late entrant to your ilk! I brought home a pre owned Jazz last week.
A quick question which I hope you can help me with - have any of you tried to get armrests installed? I guess its only feasible in the front; if its done in the rear seat it may hamper the 'magic seats'.
Congrats Selfdrive. So your search finally ended with a Jazz. Good decision. Enjoy your drive!

Note: The 'thanks' click was an accidental press for the quote button
Old 28th April 2011, 14:43   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congrats Selfdrive. So your search finally ended with a Jazz. Good decision. Enjoy your drive!
Note: The 'thanks' click was an accidental press for the quote button
Yes, it did end in a Jazz. During the last few weeks, I had an inkling it would be something like that, though my pocket was screaming otherwise. Thank the bank for the loan option, though I do think that banks only give us loans after we have almost proved that we dont need one!

I would have guessed you were thanking me for finally buying a car after all the talk

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks