Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2011, 23:53   #871
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I am searching too. Can we not upgrade with the same power ratings and something that doesnt require a wiring change?
I upgraded my ANHC with Bosch Symphony horn, costed 1k for both horn + labour. Bosch symphony sounds similar to VW cars. The new horn is installed in stock location and I think its done without splicing any OE wire.
Old 18th February 2011, 18:33   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Just want to get a USB, GPS and BT installed on my car. Can anyone help plzz?
There is a kit available to get the USB. Seems easy to install, but needs removal of the Dash. I saw it in a Bangkok store. The installation manual is very nice, but doubtful if any service center will help with this. I dont want to try this DIY now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
I upgraded my ANHC with Bosch Symphony horn, costed 1k for both horn + labour. Bosch symphony sounds similar to VW cars. The new horn is installed in stock location and I think its done without splicing any OE wire.
Is it louder than before? The OE horn is meek. I am sorry to say this, but I need some serious intimidation to clear jaywalkers and ignorant auto drivers.

The Jazz's elephant ears like side mirror is both a pro and con. It tends to get nicked by 2 wheelers/autos even with utmost care.
Old 18th February 2011, 22:55   #873
BHPian

I just explored this option today. It seems fairly easy installing it. All we need to confirm is the interface is same.
Open your glove box. A little pressure on both sides of the glove box after opening will pull it down. Its kind of difficult initally to touch the rear of the unit, but with a few times and patience you can easily do this. I just did it today.
I feel the support is there, I was able to feel an open port behind the unit. Wish you had bought the unit. Atleast you could have fixed it later if not today.
Old 18th February 2011, 23:13   #874
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz 1.5L VTEC Spied

possibly a 1.5 jazz coming soon??
God , I hope its a manual

Edit:
I dint realize 1.5 discussions were already going on.

Last edited by vinaydas : 18th February 2011 at 23:14.
Old 19th February 2011, 09:20   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
I just explored this option today. It seems fairly easy installing it. All we need to confirm is the interface is same.
Open your glove box. A little pressure on both sides of the glove box after opening will pull it down. Its kind of difficult initally to touch the rear of the unit, but with a few times and patience you can easily do this. I just did it today.
I feel the support is there, I was able to feel an open port behind the unit. Wish you had bought the unit. Atleast you could have fixed it later if not today.
Can anybody give me the details of the kit? I am willing to give it a try.
Where and how can I purchase it? Also, mor importantly what is the cost ?

Last edited by adimicra : 19th February 2011 at 09:22.
Old 19th February 2011, 11:47   #876
BHPian

Yup. I am also interested in trying it too. If I have any updates, I will put it up in this forum. Alternatively, I am sure the USB should be available as a separate part in Honda. We may need to catch some mechanic in Honda and explore. But for first, let me try to get the interface at the back of HU. If the back unit point works out fine, we can get it from the U.S too.I think it costs around $100
Old 19th February 2011, 22:29   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup. I am also interested in trying it too. If I have any updates, I will put it up in this forum. Alternatively, I am sure the USB should be available as a separate part in Honda. We may need to catch some mechanic in Honda and explore. But for first, let me try to get the interface at the back of HU. If the back unit point works out fine, we can get it from the U.S too.I think it costs around $100
Great to know that you are taking the initiative. I will be looking forward to your updates eagerly
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:08   #878
BHPian

Friends

Can anyone provide me with a contact (email-id) of Honda India, where product feedback/concern can be lodged ?

Their website shows contact/forms only for sales & service.

I want to send a feedback on Jazz's-
- sore throated horns
- foul smell issue

Hopefully, if they get enough such complaints, they might initiate a jazz 'recall'

cheers
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:36   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Friends

Can anyone provide me with a contact (email-id) of Honda India, where product feedback/concern can be lodged ?

- sore throated horns
- foul smell issue

Hopefully, if they get enough such complaints, they might initiate a jazz 'recall'

cheers
Go to their facebook account [Honda Car India] > discussions
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

and discuss / start a thread of your complaint - believe me it works wonders. My honda dealer tried to cheat me - i had logged a complaint and things got straight.

I am not sure about your issues but anyone having a serious / genuine complaint with the dealer / cars - is looked after seriously by the higher company people.

Last edited by Devrishi : 22nd February 2011 at 11:45. Reason: link
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:38   #880
BHPian

@snorting bull & adimicra, am interested in the USB upgrade. I also found the Honda upgrade manual - it looks doable but not sure if we can lay our hands on the right tools for a DIY.
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:57   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
@snorting bull & adimicra, am interested in the USB upgrade. I also found the Honda upgrade manual - it looks doable but not sure if we can lay our hands on the right tools for a DIY.
Yes, I am aware of this link. But if you go through the details, primarily the way usb wire is visible, they have mentioned that there is a provision on the upper glove box, which is not available for us. Not that this is a big problem, but it makes me think if the compatibility to the HU to connect the ipod exists. If anyone goes for a repair or can get a photo of the back side unit of the HU, we can think of buying one from other country and connecting it. I am also trying to get the back of the HU picture.
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:34   #882
BHPian

Quote:
I have thoroughly explored the options for USB interface.

On Honda America Site I have found following option for USB Interfact. It consists of USB Interfact and USB Adapter. Cost of both is around $200. I am not sure whether this will work in HUs sold in India.

Browse Accessories Page.pdf

The other option is a product of some other company. Here is the link

Honda / Acura 2003+ GROM USB/iPod/AUX interface car kit

I guess someone has to try and see what happens.

More discussion is on page 5 of my ownership thread on

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-jazzed-5.html

I sorely miss auto lock function in my Jazz as I have couple of naughty kids in my house. I want to install security system in the car as it comes with auto lock feature. I inquired at the Authorised Dealership and it costs around Rs. 5500/-. Has anyone done that. Is there any other alternative for auto lock function.

Last edited by rutvij : 22nd February 2011 at 18:44.
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:51   #883
Senior - BHPian

Honda USB Audio Interface - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

This is the system you need to get. See the assembly manual for details. I am checking out some Jazz stuff next week in Las Vegas. I am doubtful about the DIY, so not getting this.
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:30   #884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Honda USB Audio Interface - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

This is the system you need to get. See the assembly manual for details. I am checking out some Jazz stuff next week in Las Vegas. I am doubtful about the DIY, so not getting this.
Let us know what all stuff you are checking out. Even if it is not DIY, if someone can gurantee the compatibility, we can get it fitted at the workshop.
I guess the GROM stuff is the best bet with BT and all.
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:39   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Friends

- sore throated horns
- foul smell issue

cheers
I had my query/feedback sent out from this page - Although, it was directly related to a Post Service Feedback.
Not sure where the horn/smell complain would fall into on this page.

Honda India Com, Honda India Cars, Honda Cars India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks