Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2011, 18:55   #856
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
There is a foul smell coming from my Jazz. This happens as soon as I switch on the blower and the smell disappears when I switch on the A/c.

Did other owners face the same and if yes what is the cause for the same? Also any suggestions to resolve the same?
I would confirm your observation. I have noticed it the past 2 weeks too. I would also request that someone who knows a bit about the AC/ventillation system of Honda advise on this.
Old 11th February 2011, 00:44   #857
BHPian

cleaning the dust/pollen filter might help here as it is bound to get clogged heavily in our dusty environment.
its a very simple 10min job, no harm in giving it a go.
Old 11th February 2011, 09:40   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
There is a foul smell coming from my Jazz. This happens as soon as I switch on the blower and the smell disappears when I switch on the A/c.
happening in my jazz too.....& this perpetually-under-construction-city is very dusty.

is cleaning the air filter DIY job? or service center visit necessary?

cheers
Old 11th February 2011, 13:45   #859
BHPian

cleaning the filter is a very easy DIY job, have a look at the pictorial guide in my ownership thread.
it is also there in the owners manual.
Old 14th February 2011, 10:56   #860
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Honda Jazz 1.5L VTEC Spied

Claims to spot jazz 1.5L
Old 14th February 2011, 13:32   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

Claims to spot jazz 1.5L
Sounds juicy but I don't think it will happen.
Or, may be Honda might launch the 1.5 in AT only?
Would be great!

Guyz, I too am having the foul smell from the blower.
I am pretty sure it is because of the dust accumulated on the filter.
I was thinking of cleaning the same but since my 3rd free service is due, asked the Honda service guys to do it. Let us see if the issue gets resolved.
Old 16th February 2011, 11:59   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Claims to spot jazz 1.5L
Finally the only one important thing the Jazz was indeed missing - a bigger engine. And possibly an Autobox. I would love to see the 1.5 on the roads, about time for Honda I'd say if they would want to compete with the 1.6 Polo/Fabia/Punto. As for pricing, if they price the M/T some 80k more on top of the Jazz X it'll go bang on against its bigger brother The City. If its any lower the 1.2 won't sell since obviously the 1.5 is a wiser choice. It'll be interesting to see how Honda plans to price and position it in the market. Waiting on the official news.
Old 16th February 2011, 14:21   #863
BHPian

I dont pricing the Jazz 1.5 at 80K more than Jazz X would help increase sales, as still it would be a niche product and most people would prefer City over Jazz at that price. It would make sense if Honda brings the 1.5 at Jazz X price itself and have a lower variant with 1.2 and reduced features and use the 1.2 more for Brio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Finally the only one important thing the Jazz was indeed missing - a bigger engine. And possibly an Autobox. I would love to see the 1.5 on the roads, about time for Honda I'd say if they would want to compete with the 1.6 Polo/Fabia/Punto. As for pricing, if they price the M/T some 80k more on top of the Jazz X it'll go bang on against its bigger brother The City. If its any lower the 1.2 won't sell since obviously the 1.5 is a wiser choice. It'll be interesting to see how Honda plans to price and position it in the market. Waiting on the official news.
Old 16th February 2011, 14:38   #864
Senior - BHPian

The easiest way for Honda to reduce prices for Jazz is to do a fabia.

Strip off some features, introduce one or two lower end models and reduce the prices substantially. Also, reduce the Jazz Select price by 55000 ex-showroom as it anyway sells at the discounted price.

I don't see a market for powerful hatches like the Jazz 1.5 considering the price point it will come.

The Jazz has an excellent 1.2 engine which offers a very good combination of power, refinement and FE. I don't feel the need for a 1.5, apart from a few enthusiasts
Old 16th February 2011, 17:03   #865
BHPian

Quote:

Claims to spot jazz 1.5L
It's just a picture of a Jazz X. I don't know on what basis they claim that it's a 1.5L version - there's nothing in the pictures to suggest that. Nor have they claimed any inside knowledge.
Old 17th February 2011, 09:20   #866
BHPian

What do you guys advice for a horn upgrade? Is there any risk of voiding your warranty? The Honda service chaps at the dealerships told me that they don't advise it.

Last edited by crisscross : 17th February 2011 at 09:21.
Old 17th February 2011, 10:39   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
What do you guys advice for a horn upgrade? Is there any risk of voiding your warranty? The Honda service chaps at the dealerships told me that they don't advise it.
I am glad someone brought this up. The Jazz horn has been discussed somewhere on the forum and I am of the vote that it is, well, not to the Indian standards. I was thinking of putting in a bigger/louder one, not until someone confirms it doesn't void warranty!
Old 17th February 2011, 20:54   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I am glad someone brought this up. The Jazz horn has been discussed somewhere on the forum and I am of the vote that it is, well, not to the Indian standards. I was thinking of putting in a bigger/louder one, not until someone confirms it doesn't void warranty!
I am searching too. Can we not upgrade with the same power ratings and something that doesnt require a wiring change?

There was rattling from the rear and I initially thought it was from the number plate. Sundaram fixed it after some thrashing, car is super silent now. The seat's packing was the culprit.
Old 17th February 2011, 21:28   #869
BHPian

I got the horn upgraded today. The stock ones are twin tones of some kind. Not sure of the make. Upgraded to Hella Red Grill. Cost including installation Rs.1250 at Evo Bangalore. I checked with Honda and one dealer refused to do it while another dealer said the cost would be Rs. 2000 and would not tell me what the replacements would be till I got the car to the showroom!

The Evo guys seemed competent, used a relay for it.
Old 17th February 2011, 23:38   #870
Senior - BHPian

A quick update from my side. I am not getting enough time to update my ownership thread properly, so will post it here.

My 3rd service is done.The odo is at 5000 kms.
They changed the oil, total cost was around 950 bucks. Very good experience this time. Car was picked up and delivered to my doorstep. Also got a free teflon coating done (as promised at the time of delivery) and the small scratches are all gone. Car looks as good as new.

FE update - I have modified my driving style due to the skyrocketing petrol prices. My drive is 100% in the city but in moderate traffic (as my house and office are at the outskirts) and 100%AC. Inital FE with spirited driving was around 11.5-12kmpl. Now, the onboard FE is showing as 17kmpl+ which means 16-16.5 kmpl in the real sense. This is amazing and more than anything I have ever imagined.

Also, the smell from the AC is gone and no issues to report. There was only one small issue which was fixed during the service - the plastic near the driver seat base had become loose.

The slight hardness in the 2nd gear is also gone.
The engine is as smooth as ever and has opened up a bit more and the torque is kicking in just before 2000 rpm (as opposed to 2200 rpm earlier).
The car hit the rev limiter for the 1st time in the 2nd gear which overtaking a huge truck - I was surprised for a second but realized soon enough. The cut off was pretty smooth!
Overall, very very happy with the car.
Just want to get a USB, GPS and BT installed on my car. Can anyone help plzz?

Last edited by adimicra : 17th February 2011 at 23:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks