Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2010, 23:20   #766
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jash_ View Post
I have been told recently that ANHC is more fuel efficient than Jazz which is a little hard to fathom considering ANHC has got a bigger mill but then it weighs only 45KGs more. so, wanted to double check. any info?

Thanks
As per ARAI figures, this is true. Only power and displacement are not the only factors affecting FE. Gearing ratios, EMS, Aerodynamics and Engine Specifics such as Valve placement amongst other things also plays a good role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Devarshi, I read about your Aux in wire for the Jazz. Can this be used to read from USB drives or only a USB player? Also can a cell phone be used with this to connect the audio via the music system?
Anything that has an AUX-out female jack can be used to play music. I often play music via my phone which has a 3.5mm female out jack.

PS: My first and only prioity were the NVH, otherwise I think the Nissan Micra, Punto and polo (1.6) make great cars too. I test drove almost every 1.0 and 1.2 litre hatch and then some entry level sedans(special mention for logan here) too.
Old 18th December 2010, 07:56   #767
BHPian

I bought a Jazz in Jan 2010. With the 40k dscount they offered,i upgraded to alloy wheels and imported morongoni tyres. With that the ride is excellent and the drive of a Honda car is a class apart.
Old 18th December 2010, 13:26   #768
Senior - BHPian

found these pics on goa on wheels site.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-jazz-3-152.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-jazz-3-155.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-jazz-3-157.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-jazz-3-160.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 18th December 2010, 14:28   #769
Senior - BHPian

Wow, looks like the entire palette has been exhausted! Are any sales figures available for the Jazz, I didnt see a single one on the roads. maybe I am traveling in cost conscious areas of town, no offence meant
Old 25th December 2010, 11:30   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Current owners, are the OE headlights and horn powerful enough? Will an upgrade be required?
The OE headlights are just fine. The level adjustment works as it should. However, I found the horn to be too meeky. It almost sounds like a bike horn. I've had instances when people randomly walking on the road do not really care or look back even if I honk like a madman. I can deduce that they really can't hear it. For traffic congested areas, I really think the Jazz needs a bigger badder horn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
I bought a Jazz in Jan 2010. With the 40k dscount they offered,i upgraded to alloy wheels and imported morongoni tyres. With that the ride is excellent and the drive of a Honda car is a class apart.
Did you upgrade from Goodyear or Michelin? Why did you feel the need to upgrade? Can we get some pictures of your ride with those Marangoni tyres please? Would love to see how those fatter shoes look on the Jazz.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating back-to-back posts.

Last edited by Amartya : 25th December 2010 at 23:54. Reason: Back to back posts within 20 mins.
Old 28th December 2010, 16:12   #771
Senior - BHPian

What sunfilm are you guys using? I was planning for the 3M RE35 tomorrow, but suddenly found that was not legal. Sometimes Chennai cops go bonkers. What alternatives do I have?
Old 29th December 2010, 13:32   #772
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone confirm if the Jazz can play DVD's? I have some music that I would like to burn to the DVD and play it on the car's OEM stereo.
Old 31st December 2010, 20:20   #773
BHPian

nice alloys on the yellow jazz, and the graphics on the rear door also look quite good.
some dark tints and the yellow jazz is ready to turn lots of heads.

a couple of quick questions guys,

the alloys on the yellow jazz are 15inch or 16inch?
and are these cosmetic upgrades provided by Honda or an aftermarket job?
Old 2nd January 2011, 19:33   #774
Senior - BHPian

What is the ideal shift rpm for the Jazz? I was told to rev till 3000rpm and shift by guys who have owned many Hondas. Does the engine need high revving till it runs in?

I am finding it difficult to find the right time to up shift. I feel unless the car is above 2500rpm, it doesnt move. Also hard to hear the engine noise. So the tacho is my only guide till I get more conversant.
Old 2nd January 2011, 20:48   #775
BHPian

Quote:
What is the ideal shift rpm for the Jazz? I was told to rev till 3000rpm and shift by guys who have owned many Hondas. Does the engine need high revving till it runs in?

I am finding it difficult to find the right time to up shift. I feel unless the car is above 2500rpm, it doesnt move. Also hard to hear the engine noise. So the tacho is my only guide till I get more conversant.
When driving in city, you could upshift anytime after 1500 RPM. The engine in Jazz is rather quite. I don't see any advantage of revving up to 3000 RPM before upshifting - particularly when driving in city. It makes the car peppy for sure. However, in Pune traffic, where am I going to go with that peppyness. Instead shifting early gives me much better FE, because only half the valves are open on the i-vtec and it's so quite.

Even when driving on highway I tend to shift by 2000 - unless I am overtaking, when I keep the RPM around 3000 and 4000, as that provides full blooded accelartion and corresponding margins.

A gentle acceleration and crusie between 80 to 100 kmph on highways returns phenomenal FE figures.
Old 2nd January 2011, 22:06   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Can anyone confirm if the Jazz can play DVD's? I have some music that I would like to burn to the DVD and play it on the car's OEM stereo.
Jazz cannot play dvd's
Old 13th January 2011, 14:37   #777
Senior - BHPian

I spotted a black modded Jazz on elevated way yesterday. It was the best modded Jazz/Fit I have seen.period. When I saw this black vehicle with red logo in my RV mirror, I could not identify which vehicle it was. So gave him way to check it out and realized it was Jazz. Everything was perfect except the Porsche logo near ORVM and his driving style.
Old 17th January 2011, 20:45   #778
BHPian

New Jazz on its way(scoop)

It seems like Honda is working hard to increase there declining sales of Jazz. Honda is planning to launch refreshed version of Jazz. But there seem to be no diesel version.

Source: Scoop! Honda Jazz facelift spy pics | Autocar India

Note from Moderator: Threads merged. Please continue the discussion here. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 17th January 2011 at 20:58.
Old 17th January 2011, 20:50   #779
Team-BHP Support

Re: New Jazz on its way(scoop)

An AT/CVT was on card for a long time. But they also need to do some reality check on prices. Else sales may not get the fillip that they are hoping for.

Having said that Honda AT versions are definitely hot sellers in general. Lets what happens here.
Old 18th January 2011, 10:00   #780
Senior - BHPian

Scoop shots: Honda Jazz Facelift in India

Pics courtesy auto car India
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-17012011044-copy_2.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-17012011048.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-17012011053.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks