Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 13:31   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
hey all,

If you just check the Honda site, the new Rallye red color is included in the normal range of colors, apart from it being featured in the X variant. Does this mean, that this new color is now available(finally!) for the Select and base variant? could anyone check and tell me please.

thanks!
coolmel

Have been TDing the 3 usual premium hatches, so got to know this about the Jazz.

-Rallye red is now available in all variants.
-All variants have standard 55K discount.
-Additional discounts for Mar/Apr stocks, around 30k more.

Dont know about MH, but road tax went up in KA recently, the lowest Select variant costs 8.9 L here (pre-discount).

cheers
Old 24th November 2010, 15:37   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
coolmel

Have been TDing the 3 usual premium hatches, so got to know this about the Jazz.

Dont know about MH, but road tax went up in KA recently, the lowest Select variant costs 8.9 L here (pre-discount).

cheers
Thanks a lot for that heads up! I only wish they gave a USB port with the select one. Anyway. Thank god that the Red is available on all models. No point in keeping it exclusive only to the X.
Old 29th November 2010, 17:21   #738
cLJ
BHPian

Quote:
coolmel

cheers

Does standard discount is incusive of Jazz X variant? Last week I got a quotation from the dealer and they didn't give me any discount for 'X' variant.

CLJ
Old 30th November 2010, 16:07   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLJ View Post
Does standard discount is incusive of Jazz X variant? Last week I got a quotation from the dealer and they didn't give me any discount for 'X' variant.

CLJ
CLJ

No 55k discount for the X.
However, this is year end, and dealers have sitting stock.
Negotiate and you should get a decent discount (if not 55k).

cheers
lazy
Old 30th November 2010, 22:38   #740
BHPian

Quote:
CLJ

No 55k discount for the X.
However, this is year end, and dealers have sitting stock.
Negotiate and you should get a decent discount (if not 55k).

cheers
lazy
you bet! Sitting on piles of stock
Old 3rd December 2010, 14:17   #741
BHPian

Jazz is highly overpriced. But the interior space is truly awesome!!
Old 5th December 2010, 03:53   #742
Senior - BHPian

Are there any sales numbers available for the Jazz? It seems to be an interesting option, but I would not want to buy a car that may be upgraded a month after I buy it or discontinued altogether!
Old 12th December 2010, 18:55   #743
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Got a decent quote of 7.75L for the select version today. Need to act fast. My heart is not able to convince my mind to buy the Jazz. But with increasing issues on the i20, I rather be safer.

Any idea if we can run a USB through the aux in port? I will miss that.
Old 12th December 2010, 22:53   #744
BHPian

^ Select version OTR is coming for 7.5L in Delhi after discount. In Gurgaon it's even better - about 7.1L. I am exactly in the same boat as you. My wallet says go i20, but my brain says too many issues being reported.

I am bummed that the Honda showroom salesman totally messed up the TD - starting from him coming to my house Saturday morning, he kept delaying delaying, and finally Sunday evening he tells me that the car has 'gone for servicing' so TD can't be done this weekend. :(

As for the USB, no there really isn't any way to run it through the Aux Port, so your best option is to either go for the Jazz X (expensive) or to buy a mp3 player to connect to the Aux-In (cheaper). If I go for the car, I am thinking of getting a cigarette lighter adapter to charge my phone through micro-USB and play music off it (i.e. buy a larger memory card), and then I will also have to buy a phone dock so that I can mount it on the dashboard. Hardly a graceful situation. Sucks that Honda didn't just give USB straight up, or at least make the HU replaceable.
Old 13th December 2010, 00:05   #745
Senior - BHPian

Guyz,
USB is the only thing which I miss in my Jazz Select. I am using my phone or Mp3 player to connect to the Aux-in. The HU is capable of reading and playing music from a USb device but Honda is not providing the adapter. I guess the only reason for that is then nobody will buy the Jazz X ( Does anyone buy it ??)

There are adapters available in the US/UK. I will give it a try may be few months down the line.

But other than the USB thingy, it is hard to fault the car. It is such an excellent piece of engineering! So, my sinere advice is - if you can afford it, better to stretch and get the car you want. You will not repent for sure! Last thing you want is to spend a hefty amount and still not be totally happy with your car.

I was in a separate dilemma and I can very well understand the feelings you are going through. I20 beats the Jazz in terms of price and some features, but I20 can't match the Jazz in any other aspect be it space,power,refinement, handling etc.

Best of luck!
Old 13th December 2010, 00:13   #746
Senior - BHPian

Any News from Honda regarding the 1.5 mill?
Another blog mentioned Honda dropping the plans for the 1.5 A/T mill.
Personally that would be one petrol hatch i would love to own(apart from the punto tjet when released)
Old 13th December 2010, 00:31   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Any News from Honda regarding the 1.5 mill?
Another blog mentioned Honda dropping the plans for the 1.5 A/T mill.
Personally that would be one petrol hatch i would love to own(apart from the punto tjet when released)
They definitely had plans for the Jazz 1.5 but I think it is shelved seeing the poor sales of the Jazz. The main reason being people's perception of how can a hatchback be so expensive? So, Honda will definitely not introduce a costlier version of Jazz in near future.
What I expect is a stripped down version of the Jazz in the coming year which will cost 1 to 1.5 lacs cheaper without safety features and some goodies!
Old 13th December 2010, 00:45   #748
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
The main reason being people's perception of how can a hatchback be so expensive?
Its just not a perception, its a Fact! They are charging a good amount of premium. They could have avoided that by doing their homework better.

I agree that engine is best-in-class and interiors are of good quality but who the hell wants to pay such a big premium for that!

Quote:
What I expect is a stripped down version of the Jazz in the coming year which will cost 1 to 1.5 lacs cheaper without safety features and some goodies!
As of now there are hardly any goodies except for a dozen bottle holders. If they strip down more, it will become like a powerful Alto. Heck, even Alto is powerful now!

A Jazz with all goodies at 7L On road in Bangy, then Jazz will be my first choice among Petrol cars.

I don't intend to debate on this, just it was my point of view.
Old 13th December 2010, 11:29   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
Its just not a perception, its a Fact! They are charging a good amount of premium. They could have avoided that by doing their homework better.

I agree that engine is best-in-class and interiors are of good quality but who the hell wants to pay such a big premium for that!

As of now there are hardly any goodies except for a dozen bottle holders. If they strip down more, it will become like a powerful Alto. Heck, even Alto is powerful now!

A Jazz with all goodies at 7L On road in Bangy, then Jazz will be my first choice among Petrol cars.

I don't intend to debate on this, just it was my point of view.
Dude, don't get so excited! Not good for health.

Yes, people do think it is overpriced but some fools like me don't think it is but I know I am in the minority

And if you go through this thread, there are pages and pages of Honda bashing for pricing the jazz so high. I don't think we really need another post echoing the same thing!

Overpriced can't never be a fact. What appears overpriced to someone, may not be the same with someone else.

I don't know what you mean by goodies but jazz Select is more loaded than a Swift/Polo/Figo etc but I20 and Punto beats it hands down in features.

Bottomline is - Most of the Jazz owners including yours truly are very happy with the car and feels it is very much worth the money! At the end of the day, that's what matters - you want a car which brings a smile to your face always

NOTE FROM TEAM-BHP SUPPORT: In future, please reconsider the tone used while responding to fellow members. DO NOT dilute and instigate a healthy discussion with unnecessary sarcasm. Next time usage of such tone will attract infraction. Thanks!

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th December 2010 at 13:46.
Old 13th December 2010, 12:23   #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Adi, I doubt a stripped down version of the Jazz is coming. More so with the announcement of the Brio coming in soon at 5 lakhs. Depending on how good or bad Brio is 1 will eat into the sales of the other, ie. Brio & stripped down Jazz. I don't think Honda would want to see that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
Its just not a perception, its a Fact! They are charging a good amount of premium.
I think the whole world agrees that the Jazz is overpriced for most people's mindset & calculations. You are +1 to that group. I respect that, so no point debating the mindset.

However I read so many initial reviews of many hatches & read of so many issues that owners face owing to a bad/sub-standard manufacturing job. Yet on the Jazz threads here I hardly read about any significant issue anyone has faced. My ownership has crossed 1yr now & not a problem I can blame Honda for. It's truely a Fill it - Shut it - Forget it car for me

I think this itself more than justifies for half of the extra price to me atleast. The remaining I have already saved transporting the amount of things I have without having to hire a Tata Ace or alike since the Jazz can just gulp down luggage, etc with amazing finesse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks