Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2010, 14:07   #721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Now that is exactly what I would like to know too. How and when does it really matter if the engine is a Euro III or a Euro IV ?
The simple answer is - Does not matter.

mine is a Euro IV though.

Fact is the Vtec of Jazz was always Euro IV compliant, so no modifications has been made to it. But to abide the rules and regulations, Honda has taken a euro IV certificate for cars manufactured from March onwards.

I was keen on Michelin tires for my car but didn't bother about Euro III or IV. If there was Euro III one with Michelins available earlier, I would have taken it.
Old 21st October 2010, 14:21   #722
BANNED

The difference is in emission standards only. You should only worry about - your car was manufactured in March and you got it in October. So in the past 8 month it kept idle which is not good for an automobile.
Old 21st October 2010, 15:44   #723
Senior - BHPian

Mine is a confirmed Euro IV spec. Plugged in my OBDII Scanner and it gave me all the details. Also it has 2 O2 sensors positioned differently under the car, from a Euro III spec Honda Jazz. So that part is cleared.
Old 21st October 2010, 22:24   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Mine is a confirmed Euro IV spec. Plugged in my OBDII Scanner and it gave me all the details. Also it has 2 O2 sensors positioned differently under the car, from a Euro III spec Honda Jazz. So that part is cleared.
Can you let me exactly how did you find that your car is a Euro IV car. Will be helpfull to me also.
Old 22nd October 2010, 15:29   #725
Senior - BHPian

Last night I happened to come across a Honda Jazz which was different than the normal ones.

Upon first look noted that there was no Badging on the car apart from the "H" logo. First thought the owner must have de bagged the car. but upon close inspection one new thing noticed was the steering mount controls.

I have driven the jazz on several occasions and was pretty sure that the controls were only on the left side of the steering, but in this particular car it had controls on both left and right. Apart from this I could not spot any other difference. Since it was too dark I couldn't take a picture. This was outside a pan shop and i waited there for a while for someone to come so we could enquire but sadly during that 15 mins I waited no one turned up.

What i want to clarify is does the JAZZ 'X' variant come with steering controls on both side? Since this Jazz had no badging at al. no 1.2, no vtec nothing at all, could it be a test car? I am really sorry I didn't check out the REG PLATES.

Please see attached pics for reference what i am trying to say.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-honda-jazz.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2010, 15:44   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Can you let me exactly how did you find that your car is a Euro IV car. Will be helpfull to me also.
The easiest way - You'll need an OBDII scanner and a guy who knows how to use it. Just plug it in and if the scanner displays any information on the car's ECU it is a Euro IV. If it doesn't then its a Euro III.
Old 22nd October 2010, 16:37   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Last night I happened to come across a Honda Jazz which was different than the normal ones.

Upon first look noted that there was no Badging on the car apart from the "H" logo. First thought the owner must have de bagged the car. but upon close inspection one new thing noticed was the steering mount controls.

I have driven the jazz on several occasions and was pretty sure that the controls were only on the left side of the steering, but in this particular car it had controls on both left and right. Apart from this I could not spot any other difference. Since it was too dark I couldn't take a picture. This was outside a pan shop and i waited there for a while for someone to come so we could enquire but sadly during that 15 mins I waited no one turned up.

What i want to clarify is does the JAZZ 'X' variant come with steering controls on both side? Since this Jazz had no badging at al. no 1.2, no vtec nothing at all, could it be a test car? I am really sorry I didn't check out the REG PLATES.

Please see attached pics for reference what i am trying to say.
must be a test car or imported model. Jazz X does not have controls on both sides of steering. Possibly it has bluetooth controls on the other side. The UK Jazz has cruise control and possibly bluetooth controls as well. Have a look below, is it similar to what you saw? I got it from UK Jazz website

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-jazzuksteering.jpg
Old 22nd October 2010, 23:07   #728
Senior - BHPian

hey

The controls were almost similar. The only thing it didnt have were the controls on the lower right of the steering wheel. To be honest i couldnt see what those buttons indicated.

I doubt any one would import a jazz. So possibly a test mule. This indicates that we can expect something more out of the jazz soon. Is it possible this could be a after market mod? But mod for what? Dont know. Its too confusing for me.
Old 22nd October 2010, 23:58   #729
BANNED

I quite like the idea of a little bluetooth magic in Jazz. It has been discussed earlier that the system in Jazz is compatible to it, surely it'll make the car the most complete one on offer. But what i am afraid of is that, Honda will name it Jazz Xclusive and pump up the price by another twenty quid
Old 23rd October 2010, 00:32   #730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
But what i am afraid of is that, Honda will name it Jazz Xclusive and pump up the price by another twenty quid
Hey, a rs.1600 increase will be just fine.
Old 23rd October 2010, 09:41   #731
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Hey, a rs.1600 increase will be just fine.

Forgot to add '000' to it i guess

but the point obviously is grave! Does anyone feel that Honda has this habit of pricing their cars at a premium to start off it, then midway they'll add-on some worthwhile goodies and bump up the price a bit, and everyone around will be coaxed to think that the car has become VFM!!! C'mon, did we forget its overpriced to begin with, and that the equipments should have been standard to begin with.

No bad blood, Hondas are the most well made cars south of Mercs, Beamers & Audis; but there mentality here has left a lot to be desired
Old 23rd October 2010, 09:49   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Forgot to add '000' to it i guess

but the point obviously is grave! Does anyone feel that Honda has this habit of pricing their cars at a premium to start off it, then midway they'll add-on some worthwhile goodies and bump up the price a bit, and everyone around will be coaxed to think that the car has become VFM!!! C'mon, did we forget its overpriced to begin with, and that the equipments should have been standard to begin with.

No bad blood, Hondas are the most well made cars south of Mercs, Beamers & Audis; but there mentality here has left a lot to be desired
t

I feel Honda is improving, though slowly.

If you see the 55000 discount on Jazz is pretty much standard.
Jazz Select has decent levels of equipment, better than Swift/Ritz/Figo but less than I20/Punto.

Jazz X costs only 30K more than Jazz Select and you get the following -
Seat height adjust
  • fog lamps
  • sporty alloys
  • spoiler
  • front grill
  • seat height adjust
  • usb port
  • boot light

That is decent level of equipment at 30K additional. What they should do is permanently drop the prices as follows -
Jazz (base) - drop by 75K ex-showroom
Jazz Select - drop by 65 K ex-showoom
Jazz X - drop by 55 ex-showroom.

I wanted to retrofit the usb port and boot light in my car, but still no luck! (already got the fogs and spoiler)
Old 23rd October 2010, 16:23   #733
BHPian

Shiladitya,
Did you you get the original Honda spoiler.How much did it cost?
Thanks.
Old 23rd October 2010, 16:28   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162 View Post
Shiladitya,
Did you you get the original Honda spoiler.How much did it cost?
Thanks.
Yes, I got the original spoiler which is same as Jazz-X.
I noticed that the spoiler in Jazz-X and the one that was offered earlier as part of Jazz Active Kit has subtle difference.
I got it as part of the deal (along with illuminated step garnishes) I did not pay anything extra - I have mentioned the details in my ownership thread.

Initially, they were supposed to give me as the Active Kit but due to non-availability, they could not. Meanwhile Jazz-X was launched thankfully and I got the spoiler

Last edited by adimicra : 23rd October 2010 at 16:30.
Old 24th November 2010, 12:28   #735
BHPian

hey all,

If you just check the Honda site, the new Rallye red color is included in the normal range of colors, apart from it being featured in the X variant. Does this mean, that this new color is now available(finally!) for the Select and base variant? could anyone check and tell me please.

thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks