Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 14:07   #706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Adi: I did ask the same thing about the USB but expect a less technically sound answer from the honda guys.

I think the USB port can be fitted yes. Car techies can throw some light on this.
Same goes for the boot and engine bay light. Can be done by any mechanic with less fiddling of wires since these are small bulbs.

I didnt notice the X had a boot light! did it??
Yes, it did and I was surprised to see it as Honda is not advertising it anywhere for the X variant - this is a small but an important feature nonetheless.
If you get any info on the USB thingy, let me know. I will enquire in the dealership about these things but I am not sure I will get a convincing answer
Old 15th October 2010, 00:16   #707
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know how much does a pair of OE fogs and OE Leather seats(with the embossed Jazz logo) for the Jazz cost? I am trying to find out if its cheaper to get it installed by the dealer or otherwise.
Old 20th October 2010, 13:29   #708
BHPian

Can some of the Jazz owners here comment on comfort for passengers at the rear? How would you rate the suspension and the ergonomics (under-thigh / back support)? Is there adequate shoulder room for 3 passengers and will the 3rd (seated in the middle) feel comfortable, especially during long trips?
Old 20th October 2010, 13:39   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Can some of the Jazz owners here comment on comfort for passengers at the rear? How would you rate the suspension and the ergonomics (under-thigh / back support)? Is there adequate shoulder room for 3 passengers and will the 3rd (seated in the middle) feel comfortable, especially during long trips?
spindoc passangers at the rear have a huge space and can are comfortable. Suspensions are bit on a harder side but not to case any kind of discomfort. Ergonomics will be able to provide my feedback after 2 weeks as planning to do a weekend trip on 29th Oct. There is enough sholder room for 3 persons at the back. if required 4th person can also be accomodites for a short 20 kms drive without issues (Already did that).
Old 20th October 2010, 17:26   #710
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am getting my Jazz delivered tomorrow.. its a white BS4 Jazz with Michelin tyres

I am sorry if i missed out on the details, but i always thought the Jazz Base and Select currently only come with the Euro III engines. I believe the only Euro IV engines in the honda line-up is in the ANHC.

Or maybe i am amiss here
Old 20th October 2010, 19:29   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
I am sorry if i missed out on the details, but i always thought the Jazz Base and Select currently only come with the Euro III engines. I believe the only Euro IV engines in the honda line-up is in the ANHC.

Or maybe i am amiss here
Apparently not. I got my Jazz delivered a couple days ago and it is a Euro IV spec.
Old 20th October 2010, 19:35   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
The suspension is a little on the stiffer side for sure, it does not absorb bumps and potholes like my OHC. Back support for the rear seats is good, not the best though - once again if I compare it to my OHC. I would like to mention the middle passenger seat hump is a little annoying and can get in the way of comfort for longer trips. Otherwise the Jazz is just too perfect to complain about.
Old 20th October 2010, 22:40   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Apparently not. I got my Jazz delivered a couple days ago and it is a Euro IV spec.
Can you please check and confirm if your car is registered as Euro IV? As far as i am aware all Jazz except for XMT are Euro IV compliant but not registered as Euro IV cars as they are manufactured before March.
Old 20th October 2010, 22:54   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Can you please check and confirm if your car is registered as Euro IV? As far as i am aware all Jazz except for XMT are Euro IV compliant but not registered as Euro IV cars as they are manufactured before March.
I verbally confirmed with the dealer if the Jazz I was getting was a Euro IV or a Euro IV compliant and they did mention I would be getting a Euro IV spec.
Also I just figured out my car is actually manufactured IN March. Before March = Euro III, IN March = Euro IV I suppose?!?

I'll reconfirm the same yet again with the dealer. Any way of knowing the spec from the car engine?
Old 20th October 2010, 23:05   #715
BHPian

Quote:
I verbally confirmed with the dealer if the Jazz I was getting was a Euro IV or a Euro IV compliant and they did mention I would be getting a Euro IV spec.
Also I just figured out my car is actually manufactured IN March. Before March = Euro III, IN March = Euro IV I suppose?!?

I'll reconfirm the same yet again with the dealer. Any way of knowing the spec from the car engine?
I am not aware about knowing from the engine no. My car is also a March manufactured but had checked with all the dealers in Mumbai and everyone confirmed that i will get a Euro III car only. If you have received your RC book and check on the RC book.
Old 20th October 2010, 23:20   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not aware about knowing from the engine no. My car is also a March manufactured but had checked with all the dealers in Mumbai and everyone confirmed that i will get a Euro III car only. If you have received your RC book and check on the RC book.
Haven't yet received the RC book. So can't be too sure. But before that, this is an open question - How OKAY should I be with a March manufactured car bought from the dealer in Mid October?
Old 21st October 2010, 03:15   #717
BHPian

Quote:
spindoc passangers at the rear have a huge space and can are comfortable. Suspensions are bit on a harder side but not to case any kind of discomfort. Ergonomics will be able to provide my feedback after 2 weeks as planning to do a weekend trip on 29th Oct. There is enough sholder room for 3 persons at the back.
@scrooze - thanks for the insight. Look forward to updates in your ownership thread, after your long trip.

Quote:
if required 4th person can also be accomodites for a short 20 kms drive without issues (Already did that).
4 people at the rear!?

Quote:
The suspension is a little on the stiffer side for sure, it does not absorb bumps and potholes like my OHC. Back support for the rear seats is good, not the best though - once again if I compare it to my OHC. I would like to mention the middle passenger seat hump is a little annoying and can get in the way of comfort for longer trips. Otherwise the Jazz is just too perfect to complain about.
Thanks much. I was thinking about how comfortable it would be for old folks. I can see that your Jazz has completely bowled you over, and rightly so!

Quote:

Or maybe i am amiss here
Quote:
The Jazz has been Euro IV compliant since its launch. Check GTO's post here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1340927-post6.html

Last edited by spindoc : 21st October 2010 at 03:16.
Old 21st October 2010, 08:35   #718
BANNED

There's a coinage being used by Honda which says it is 'compatible' - which does not necessarily mean it is registered compliant. Maybe it is a Euro III engine, but can be fueled with Euro IV petrol.

But frankly, how much difference should it make either ways? Really!
Old 21st October 2010, 09:08   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's a coinage being used by Honda which says it is 'compatible' - which does not necessarily mean it is registered compliant. Maybe it is a Euro III engine, but can be fueled with Euro IV petrol.

But frankly, how much difference should it make either ways? Really!
Now that is exactly what I would like to know too. How and when does it really matter if the engine is a Euro III or a Euro IV ?
Old 21st October 2010, 14:02   #720
BHPian

Ya. persons at back need to sit like one Back next a little front next back and 4th little front but should tell it can be only done for a short distance.

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st October 2010 at 14:07. Reason: Quoted post was without full tags. Deleted it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks