Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 12:27   #691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwankenobi View Post
hey congrats on your buy Adi...I am from Hyd too and im looking for a car. Right now, I would rule out the Jazz because of the price. 7.9 L is almost 1.5L out of my reach. what I am looking at is 6.5L and this would probably bring in only the Micra, Figo and Polo (comfortline).
I drove past Road No 12 this evening but couldnt find the Nissan showroom, where exactly is it? the number mentioned on the site is always switched off (duh!)
Also, how much did you actually pay for the Jazz and how much of a cash discount did the dealer give you? What was the effective cost, with all the other free accessories thrown in?

--Deekshit
Its near the Ohri's restaurant and petrol bunk on road no 12 just next to the Audi showroom , very easy to find.

For Jazz, I got 62K cash discount + seelct kit + active kit (at 14K).
If you count the accessories and freebies, it will be around 40K discount for accessories + the cash discount. I you do not want the kits, you can bargain for more cash discounts - I wanted my car to be fully loaded, so went with the kits!

Between Polo/Figo/Micra, here are my thoughts
If you do not need a diesel car, rule out the Figo since your budget is not a constraint - it is the cheapest of the 3 but feels cheap at the same time!

Between Polo and Micra, both are having similar engines - so nothing much to differentiate there.
The Micra has much more space and lot more gizmos at a lower price but it can't match the Polo on handling/stability or quality.
Also, rear bench in Micra is bad and lack of headrests mean that the rear, though having loads of space, is not a good place to be - so this could be a deal breaker.
Also, if you are finicky about quality, you will find the large and uneven panel gaps in the bonnet and tailgate area of the Micra very annoying.
I would suggest to go for the Polo if you do not have issues with the space offered and happy with some less gizmos!
Only issue is that - the Hyd dealers for VW are not good people to deal with, but that's for you to decide on how good/bad you feel about your interaction with them! Also, the huge waiting period for Polo could be a problem if you want a car soon. Best of luck and PM me if you need more help about the directions or something else!

Last edited by adimicra : 20th August 2010 at 12:29.
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:52   #692
BHPian

I wish to go for a Jazz X variant but need a few changes. will be doing the rounds of dealers this week. This is what I need:

1. I didnt like the blue interiors, hence the option for titanium beige offered on the select and base variant.
2. USB port.
3. Driver seat height adjust.
4.The rear spoiler, flaps, fog lamps and parcel tray although I can live without the tray. Dont need the front grille as well.
5. The smoky alloys and rest things like mats, premium grade sun film plus the mode kit. Lets see how it goes.

If nothing works out, will tell the dealers to work out a quote for me and add things up to a base variant wherein you get the discount( or is the season discount applicable for the select variant as well?? Can owners please check for me. That will be really helpful.)

I am in no hurry and will wait for the best deal

Last edited by coolmel : 22nd August 2010 at 23:53.
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:38   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
I wish to go for a Jazz X variant but need a few changes. will be doing the rounds of dealers this week. This is what I need:

1. I didnt like the blue interiors, hence the option for titanium beige offered on the select and base variant.
2. USB port.
3. Driver seat height adjust.
4.The rear spoiler, flaps, fog lamps and parcel tray although I can live without the tray. Dont need the front grille as well.
5. The smoky alloys and rest things like mats, premium grade sun film plus the mode kit. Lets see how it goes.

If nothing works out, will tell the dealers to work out a quote for me and add things up to a base variant wherein you get the discount( or is the season discount applicable for the select variant as well?? Can owners please check for me. That will be really helpful.)

I am in no hurry and will wait for the best deal
Discounts are available on the base variant as well as the select variant ( thought not factory fitted, it is basically base variant + alloys + rear parcel tray).

If you go for the select + active kit, you will get most of the stuff in Jazz X plus some other goodies like sports pedals, interior silver finishes and illuminated scuff plates. What you won't get is - seat height adjust and usb port! The Jazz X costs almost a lakh more than the Jazz + select Kit + active kit - not worth going for it IMO. Depends on how badly you want the seat height asjustment, the USb thing is not a big deal and can be managed easily since there is an AUX-In to connect your ipod or other music player.
Also, you get an additional color in the Jazz X which looks good and sporty alloys ( instead of the normal alloys).

Anyways, best of luck but I'm afraid it will be difficult for you to get all the things you mentioned above.

Last edited by adimicra : 23rd August 2010 at 10:42.
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:00   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Discounts are available on the base variant as well as the select variant ( thought not factory fitted, it is basically base variant + alloys + rear parcel tray).
Yeah you are right. Discounts are available in base variant only. On my preliminary inquiry today I got a quote with discount of Rs. 59,000/- on base variant + teflon coating, matting, idol, pillows etc.

I am told that the model that I will be getting will be BS3 compliant, meaning thereby that it will have manufacturing date of March or before. Further I am told that select kit is no longer available! I need to cross check with other dealer. No discount on Jazz X except Free Insurance worth about Rs. 22,500/-.

Last edited by rutvij : 23rd August 2010 at 13:10.
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:19   #695
Senior - BHPian

Rutvij,

With which dealer you checked? i got a sms from Landmark honda stating that Jazz @ 4.99% reducing rate & 1 rs. insurance. You may contact them on 9879616732 and get more info.

Cheers!!

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 23rd August 2010 at 13:20. Reason: Spelling mistake. Now rectified.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:59   #696
BHPian

Adi: will wait and watch. The X has just come.
I am not in awe of the select kit. The mode makes more sense although it should come standard for this price especially the side protectors and all.

I shall check out how big a difference the height adjuster makes, since I have lived without one for as long now. USB port, well if they are giving it why not grab it!

Lets see how it goes.
Old 24th August 2010, 19:24   #697
BHPian

Please merge this post.

Small update for Jazz wannabes. I went to Solitaire Honda and the red baby is up for display! And she really looked RED HOTTT! By far this has to be the BEST color for this car. It outshined the City and CRV standing next to it. Simply Superb. Heres my 2 cents on the car:

1. The Bluey Black interiors look sporty, but i prefer the beige tone. But the blue black looked rich and it was a mixture of blue and black stitched together, which gave a very nice finish. No cost cutting here.

2. The Seat height adjust is a welcome addition and does improve the field of vision, rather than the low vision the non seat height adjust offers.

3. The addons can be skipped. In fact you can save 8 grand by not fitting the front grille.

4. The smoky alloys look great!

Now I asked the sales team a few questions the ones I posted here.

1. So, currently( this is what they say) the Rallye red color will be offered ONLY on the X MT variant, thats what they call it. Strange Honda.
2. I wanted them to give me a package where I get beige interiors with seat height adjust and other goodies. Sorry not configurable.
3.Since option 2 couldnt be worked out, I asked how about giving me a Select Variant in the new red color and screw the seat height, usb etc. No sir, not available!

I was disappointed by this but the color will be available for all variants as it was quoted in the press release. But am wondering, by what points they keep differentiating their models and how long will they continue this. Come on Honda, atleast give people basic things which they DO want in their cars.

for the moment, rather wait. The cars are available and ready delivery the next day. The on road price for Mumbai is 8.86L. No discounts on the X but close to 40k on the select and around 55 on the base. They are not bothered about numbers as I caught the sales guy saying smilingly,' bikti hai sir, jazz aaj kal kitni dikhti hai!!' on my words ie,' kaha yaar the cars not selling and you guys not ready to offer discounts!!'

here are some snaps:
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-dsc00324.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-dsc00325.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-dsc00326.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-dsc00327.jpg  

Last edited by coolmel : 24th August 2010 at 19:27.
Old 26th August 2010, 10:38   #698
Senior - BHPian

Colomel/Sid,
I need some advice from you guys since you have seen the Jazz X.

I was promised the Select Kit (free) and Active Kit as part of the deal ( at a very nominal cost). But the dealer is saying that the supplies are getting delayed and they got no idea that when those kits will be coming. So, I am re-negotiating the deal. The new deal includes the gunmetal alloys and the front grill among other things. The gunmetal alloys are absolutely fabulous but I am not sure about the front grill. The dealer is saying the front grill costs 6-8K and looks very good and upmarket but I am not sure! Please let me know should I go for it or not.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:57   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Colomel/Sid,

I was promised the Select Kit (free) and Active Kit as part of the deal ( at a very nominal cost). But the dealer is saying that the supplies are getting delayed and they got no idea that when those kits will be coming. So, I am re-negotiating the deal. The new deal includes the gunmetal alloys and the front grill among other things. The gunmetal alloys are absolutely fabulous but I am not sure about the front grill. The dealer is saying the front grill costs 6-8K and looks very good and upmarket but I am not sure! Please let me know should I go for it or not.
You are right about select kit being not available with the dealers. At one dealership in Ahmedabad the sales person told me that they have backlog of 15-20 cars for select kits and they are not sure when they will be arriving. At the other dealership I was told that the company has stopped supplying select kit and they are no longer available. I really think that select kit is a good value addition and it should not be stopped.
Old 26th August 2010, 16:43   #700
Senior - BHPian

My alloy wheels delivery is at stake. The dealer says company is not sending in stock. Might have to go in for some other brand.
Old 26th August 2010, 16:46   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
My alloy wheels delivery is at stake. The dealer says company is not sending in stock. Might have to go in for some other brand.
Hey I was able to negotiate with the dealer to get the new gumetal alloys at an additional 4K! Those gunmetal alloys really look good. Go for those, if the dealer is willing!
Old 26th August 2010, 19:11   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Colomel/Sid,

Adi: go for the alloys but yes reserve a date for the mode kit. Why you going for active?? Also, the front grille doesnt suit the looks IMHO. If you feel it looks great then go for it, else the plain grille looks stunning itself.

your call!
Old 27th August 2010, 12:06   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Adi: go for the alloys but yes reserve a date for the mode kit. Why you going for active?? Also, the front grille doesnt suit the looks IMHO. If you feel it looks great then go for it, else the plain grille looks stunning itself.

your call!
Thanks man!
I agree the front grill actually looks bad, so getting the sun films done instead!
Since the dealer has not got the active kit/mode kit/select kit in stock, I have renegotiated the deal with him for the following free of cost -
  • Gunmetal alloys
  • Rear parcel tray
  • Tailgate spoiler
  • 3M sun film (Re35)
  • Illuminated door step garnishes
In fact, I have given the car today for fitting the above accessories. Only the spoiler will be fitted in the next week as it takes some time to paint.

I am missing out on the fog lamps, which I wanted but I don't have to pay anything extra. So, overall not a bad deal I feel.

The mode kit with the side protectors etc do not looks good IMO, so I am not keen on that!

I saw the jazz X in the rally red color and it looked really awesome! This is best color for the car ( IMO white was the best before this color was introduced).

The Jazz X is pretty fully loaded with the following features, but no discounts as of now ( which makes it a far less attractive proposition) -
  • Gunmetal alloys ( looks fab)
  • Rear parcel tray
  • Seat height adjust
  • USB port
  • Boot light - finally Honda got it right.
  • Fog lamps
  • Tailgate spoiler
  • Front grille ( looks really bad)
Of the above features, I will miss the USb port and boot light. I am planning to fit after market fog lamps (though I know it is little risky )!
The seat height adjust is a good feature no doubt, but I don't miss it as the normal seat height is perfectly fine for me.
Can anyone find out whether it is possible to retrofit the boot light and the USB port in the Jazz? If possible, that will be really great!
Old 27th August 2010, 12:36   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Rutvij,

With which dealer you checked? i got a sms from Landmark honda stating that Jazz @ 4.99% reducing rate & 1 rs. insurance. You may contact them on 9879616732 and get more info.

Cheers!!
Sorry I missed your post earlier. That scheme is valid for Jazz X on which they are offering free insurance or interest @ 4.99%.
Old 27th August 2010, 13:31   #705
BHPian

Adi: I did ask the same thing about the USB but expect a less technically sound answer from the honda guys.

I think the USB port can be fitted yes. Car techies can throw some light on this.
Same goes for the boot and engine bay light. Can be done by any mechanic with less fiddling of wires since these are small bulbs.

I didnt notice the X had a boot light! did it??

Most Viewed