Team-BHP - Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/60146-review-2nd-gen-honda-jazz-43.html)

Did anyone see this advert on Anniversary special Jazz price?

@Technocrat: Can you give the source of this advertisement. A friend of mine is looking for Jazz and the dealer in the pic (Crystal Honda) told him the ex-showroom as 6.97 Lakh today morning. :deadhorse

This was in today's Pune Times on the front page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 1931010)
Did anyone see this advert on Anniversary special Jazz price?

I think this is an offer from the dealer "Crystal Honda" in Pune on their first anniversary and not from the company.

My cousin booked a Silver Jazz in Surat under similar offer. INR 7.7 lacs OTR. with Mud Flaps, Alloys and Parcel tray. He is bargaining for revser parking sensors.

Not sure if its exactly same offer. His OTR was coming to INR 8.18 lacs, but final amount INR 7.77 Lacs.

Looks like its from honda, as a dealer here told me something like 40K incl insurance free offer. How can we validate if this indeed from honda or just a dealer giving this discount?

In Ahmedabad also dealers are offering discount of 40k. This discount was mentioned on 1st inquiry. No hard bargain was done.

Just had a TD of Jazz. It is an excellent car. Driving and Handling is simply amazing. Me and my wife fell in love with the car immediately. Only issue is the price :Frustrati. 8.66 Lac OTR. No discounts beyond this. This is the special edition.

Did the test drive of Honda Jazz, superb car, only factor considering not to purchase is the price. Finally settled for i20 Asta diesel

Guys,

I finally saw and TD the Jazz for the first time, and boy am I impressed.

Basically, we were on the lookout for a replacement for our Fiesta as dad is keen to sell her. While I am not too happy with this decision, I had no choice but to comply and look for a substitute. Our requirements were:

- Hatchback - Primarily a city car. I saw some fantastic deals on Civics and Passats, but for a city car which would never be driven outstation and even to the airport, a hatch made the most sense. We already have a Skoda Octavia Combi for the airport trips.

- Space - I am over 6 feet. When I drive many cars, friends and family members have a tough time in the back. The Jazz was the one hatch which was actually more spacious than many sedans! I could actually sit behind myself and still have space left over!

- Easy to drive: We often see many relatives coming home and at times taking the car out for dinners or to other peoples houses. Till date, our fiesta was being used for this and did so without any complaints. The replacement needed to be a car that could be driven by anyone! The Jazz clearly won this round with its ultra light steering, superb visibility and light clutch. Heck, at times during the TD, I actually had to make sure that the clutch was engaged as I couldn't feel it!

- Practicality: Doing odd jobs in the house meant that there could be instances when the car would be required to deliver stuff to other peoples houses. Even though the Skoda could easily manage all of this, a hatchback that could do the same would result in fewer parking hassles for the driver. Also, this would leave the Skoda free for me to enjoy!

The Jazz met all of these requirements and more! I was really impressed with the funky interiors and build quality. Even the engine was superb and didn't feel like a 1.2. Also, surprisingly, the staff at Apex Honda were much better than almost all of the other dealers. Be it Hyundai, Ford, VW! The only dealer that came close was Maruti, but the Honda salesperson kept in touch and seemed to have made more of an effort trying to sell the car.

Another point was the ride. During the TD, I failed to see a small speed breaker before hitting Worli Seaface. I took it at a good 40-50kmph, and I must say that the car took it quite well. Even though I was jerked back, it was not as stiff as I had expected!

The only one gripe I had against this car was the price. We are paying nearly 1.5L more for this car over the i20! However, this car offers us better space, practicality, quality, and a much better engine. But I still feel guilty for considering a 9L rupee hatchback, especially when the fiesta 1.6S is for 9.3L OTR Mumbai, company regd.

The deal I am getting from the dealer is basically:
- Free insurance for the first year
- Free alloy wheels, like the one on the Special Edition
- Few other stuff like bumper protectors, sunfilm, anti-rust.
Basically, I save around 40K over the regular price.

Is this a good deal? Should I ask them to throw in the fogs, parcel tray, and perhaps a spoiler? Or would this be asking for too much?

HI lamborghini,
Apart from above you can ask for rear parking sensors and art leather seats. That would not cost him much and would be useful for you as well. My friend got the same here in his jazz.

This is something potential Jazz owners have been waiting for. Literally all the major dealers in Mumbai including Apex, Linkway and Arya are offering a 55,000 rupees discount on the Jazz. But this is for the base model and mode, active and select are kits. My very good friends at Apex honda, recently gave me a mouthwatering offer.

They wiped off 55k from the base price ie the on road price of 8.38, so it comes down to 7.83 on road in Mumbai. Plus, adding the mode kit, alloys, flaps and parcel tray it turns up to 8.38 to 8.50 roughly, which is not bad at all for this lovely hatch. One thing I hate is the ridiculous Honda pricing. 13500 for the alloy set, 15500 for the fog lamps and 8500 for the mud flaps!! This is simply outrageous stuff. am considering fitting them from outside and not in house.
Also, Stanley leather package turns out to around 30-40 and 3M sunfilm premium series to around 20k. if i get a better deal on both, i am going to seal the deal and get my baby Jazz!

I think this Is the price Honda should be selling the Jazz at rather than the 8l on road price. have kept Apex on hold as this is only an anniversary offer. Also, with this price the difference between the City VMT and Jazz fully loaded turns up to around 2.5L in Mumbai. Plus add the extras on the city and it goes to around 3L. Thats a good margin and the Jazz seems worth it now.

Make the most of it guys!

13500 for the alloy set sounds good. Is it available off-the-shelf for other Honda Cars, or only if you buy Jazz?

Wow, after looking at coolmel's offer, I am going to speak to my sales person at Arya Honda once again.
So far, the market price of all the accessories he has thrown in comes to around 40K.

14,000 for alloys, 15,000 for insurance and 11,000 for sunfilm, anti-rust, and teflon and the bumper protectors.
I would rather get the 55K off the Special Edition which comes with alloys and a rear parcel tray. Then I would just need to spend on sunfilm, anti-rust, insurance, and mattings.

Thanks coolmel!

@anandg: He is not willing to budge from his offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolmel (Post 1951750)
13500 for the alloy set, ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by simran (Post 1951905)
13500 for the alloy set sounds good.

13500 for a set of four alloys? From Honda? Sounds too good to be true.