Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Team members and Punto owners intersect
I found that out on my first eventful day here
Old 14th July 2009, 18:14   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think that I have come across any Jazz ownership reviews yet. At the same time, the car has been bought by over a thousand people since launch.
I agree with that but I have to say that even the ANHC sells a lot but there are very few ownership threads on that car. Seems like not many Honda owners become members here.
Old 14th July 2009, 18:27   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I agree with that but I have to say that even the ANHC sells a lot but there are very few ownership threads on that car. Seems like not many Honda owners become members here.
Good point, and maybe the subject for a new thread. Because now that I think of it, I have not seen too many Corolla reviews either. This line of thinking can lead to an interesting analysis of the extent to which the forum represents the Indian auto customer population. That will also determine the extent to which the auto makers will listen to its voice.
Old 15th July 2009, 09:48   #589
BHPian

I have two hondas

I have honda CRV and last week I bought Jazz,i live in Mumbai and I like honda cars.
Old 15th July 2009, 10:17   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasant3 View Post
I have honda CRV and last week I bought Jazz,i live in Mumbai and I like honda cars.
Historically the Honda core competency has been engines and bikes, but they are getting better and better at cars. Both the cars you have are fine vehicles and I am sure that your Jazz will give you a lot of pleasure. Unprecedented levels of fit and finish at that price point, and very many conveniences. Superb interior packaging and space usage. Assuming that you have a recent CRV you are now well equipped for both highway and city drives.
Old 15th July 2009, 10:24   #591
Senior - BHPian

Six or seven Jazz have been delivered from the TVM showroom. I see one regularly in my city runs. The TVM showroom services a few of the nearby districts. An SA candidly admitted that he doesn't expect a lot of sales because Honda advertised the car in the 4.5-6L price band and on launch, added 1.5L to the price. Neither the dealership nor the early bird customers are happy.
Old 24th July 2009, 08:44   #592
BHPian

That was a great report GTO. How do you manage get your hands on these cars - is it the 'official' route or are they entirely through your own resources? Just a rhetorical question, mind you...

I had seen the Jazz/Fit version of the earlier City (or is it the other way around?) in Bangkok a few years back and thought it a much better and more proportionate car than the older City. The new City and Jazz both look good, however.

I haven't driven any of these cars, so my opinion is strictly from the outside. I feel that the Indian customer customer wants everything - 1.good looks 2.VFM and 3.for that snob appeal, exclusivity. Unfortunately, points 2 and 3 don't go hand in hand. On that basis, the Jazz would sell on points 1 and 3. The question is - how long can it sustain sales on this account? On the other hand, Tata cars like say the Indica and now the Nano score high on point 2, and hence have/will sustain sales.

That Honda makes great cars is an acknowledged fact. But look at the sales of it's CRV - I read the other day that you have to give a firm order and wait 3 months for delivery due to fluctuating prices and the dealers wanting to avoid having dead stock. It also mentioned that there were no sales of the CRV last month. I feel that the Jazz might meet a similar fate, unless the pricing is revised downwards. The initial spurt in sales IMO, has been contributed to solely by the wealthier segment wanting a new 'toy'.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:28   #593
Senior - BHPian

I saw several Honda Jazz in Singapore this week. i was told by my Singaporean colleagues that Jazz and City are the largest selling models in Singapore. in terms of brands Toyota and Honda are leading. I was told that Honda sells approx 1000 cars every month in Singapore mostly Jazz and city.
Old 24th July 2009, 16:32   #594
BANNED

I took a TD of the Jazz today. The car was quite spacious and the dash futuristic. While driving it was showing a milege of 25Kpl. The sales guy told me that if I don't beleive him, look at the display. Pick up was good for a 1.2. Ride comfort was good. Didn't get a chance to check out the handling as the TD was short. The integrated stereo was good but no USB. No alloys too. They are available at the showroom at a price of RS11,000 per wheel (i.e. 55,000 for the full set). Tyres were Michelin on all the Jazz cars. Price was 7.84 OTR. The salesman said that the Jazz, City & Civic are available in one trim level only. The city & civic have an option of AT. I liked the car but not the price. Better VFM cars are available in this segment. I wonder why Honda does not introduce a stipped down version at a lower price. Someone here said "I have honda CRV and last week I bought Jazz,i live in Mumbai and I like honda cars". I like Honda cars too but currently I will most probably settle for a second hand OHC (See my thread Cheap Weekend Car).
Old 24th July 2009, 16:42   #595
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
. While driving it was showing a milege of 25Kpl. The sales guy told me that if I don't beleive him, look at the display.
How can that be? Could you be more specific?
Old 25th July 2009, 11:40   #596
BHPian

Being a 4 month owner of the ANHC i was quite keen for a TD of the Jazz. Managed to get a short test drive 80% over normal roads rest over some pothole infested track.Following are observations

Excellent all round visibility and great packgaing starting from the engine compartment.

Interiors : Very well spaced out, spacious feeling due to better head room. Excellent seats more sporty feeling. Dash layout and interiors several notches better. Inside Door handles more robust and inspire confidence. fabric trim on door better than the beige/grey in ANHC.

Engine : Peppy but needs to be worked through the gears esp 2nd. Gearshift quality much smoother than ANHC with the engaging sound.

Ride : Surprisingly found the car crashing less through the potholes although low speed ride was bit bumpy. ANHC has a tendency to pitch (dont know if the tyres are responsible) but Jazz was more composed.

AC was a chiller and sound quality from stock system was good.Didnt get a chance to check the GC shouldnt be very different from the ANHC. Sales guy tells me the windshield is the SAME (?) from CR-V hence the very good forward visibility.
Old 25th July 2009, 12:52   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
While driving it was showing a milege of 25Kpl. The sales guy told me that if I don't beleive him, look at the display.
Was it constantly changing? Sounds like it was the instant consumption display. It doens't mean much although you can try and keep it higher to keep your average consumption higher too. In my Punto the Instant consumption sometimes goes upto 50kmpl. Average consumption is around 18kmpl though.
Old 25th July 2009, 13:26   #598
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
How can that be? Could you be more specific?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Was it constantly changing? Sounds like it was the instant consumption display. It doens't mean much although you can try and keep it higher to keep your average consumption higher too. In my Punto the Instant consumption sometimes goes upto 50kmpl. Average consumption is around 18kmpl though.
Yea it was a RTMI and was constantly changing. I wanted to tell the sales guy that it's as reliable as the 32GB pendrive (see the thread). The correct method would be full tank to full tank. Being a Honda, expect it to be more fuel efficient than say an i10 or a Ritz Petrol.
Old 28th August 2009, 01:16   #599
BHPian

It so happened the other day that me and my wife saw an Xylo ad in a magzine. Something happened and we said that we wanted it. The search led us to this place - Team BHP. A week long research led us from Xylo to SX4 and finally Jazz. I so desperatly wanted some opinion (apart from what already is here) but could not get through to post. Anyways, i have already booked my Honda Jazz. I see that major (and perhaps only) gripe about Jazz is its price.

Would you say that this factor is taken care of if I could get it at around 6.5 Lakhs On Road???
Old 28th August 2009, 09:33   #600
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post

Would you say that this factor is taken care of if I could get it at around 6.5 Lakhs On Road???
LOL, how would you get one at that price? Many here would lap it up in no time if that were the on road price
But you are right. It's a great hatch if we can ignore the price.

Most Viewed