Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2009, 08:39   #571
BHPian

Jazz monthly sales

Well it looks like people just love honda brand.

"Honda’s globally acclaimed Jazz, deliveries of which started on June 10, 2009 sold impressive 2032 units in the first month of its launch"

Expressing delight over the performance of Honda Jazz, Mr. Jnaneswar Sen, Vice President,
Marketing, Honda Siel Cars India said “We are happy at the response received by Honda Jazz; we are sure that the customers of Honda Jazz will appreciate the product and help us win new customers.”

Model wise break-up for June 2009: City - 2351; Jazz - 2032; Civic - 451; Accord - 205;
This news is from hondacarindia.com
Old 11th July 2009, 09:45   #572
Senior - BHPian

A short spin in a blue Jazz

I got an invitation to the back row seat for a blue Jazz show yesterday.

You seriously cannot put 3 adults at the back and expect them to dance to the Jazz's tune. The person sitting in the middle would look like someone perched on the hump of a camel. The ride was quite harsh at the back. However since there is "magic" in the rear seats, at the end of a tiring journey, you have to utter "jazzacadabra brouhaha" three times and you should feel as fresh as a cucumber. After uttering the magic words, if you still feel like a ripe tomato left in the Indian summer sun for a week, just reach for the nearest cup holder and gulp down a bottle of fresh fizz. you should definitely feel like a fresh cucumber now. And if even that fails, just think of the 8+ lacs that you paid and you should definitely feel good.

But mind you, the middle seat will be booked by one of your toddlers if he/she likes to ride horses. Sadly the reins are not available as a standard accessory fitment. You will have to get them custom made.

The top of the dash stretches and stretches and fades into the horizon giving you an illusion of a infinity dash like an infinity pool.

There is a golf ball in the central console between the front seats. However the golf club is not a standard accessory. You will have to get one of your own. While your kids are not playing golf on the completely flat rear end, you can also use the golf ball to shift gears.

With the amount of space available in the car, as the ad shows you can actually grow a garden in the backyard of your car so that you can offer fresh flowers and vegetables to your loved ones. A drip irrigation system can be custom made. The power to turn all other cars on the roads to bubbles is a standard accessory.

The blue Jazz was not a demo/test drive car but a customer car that was brought for the test drive. (shame on the dealer and the company)

p.s. Great car but unfortunately all the magic is in the seats and none in the price!

Last edited by pjbiju : 11th July 2009 at 09:47.
Old 11th July 2009, 15:45   #573
BHPian

This is not a test drive review but jus an opinion.
I got to see the Jazz at the HASS while i went for my service. I thought is was a hatch back that wanted to be a MUV based on the Sedan chassis (city) with 1 dozen bottle and cup holders.. and magical rear seat combinations. looks like the utility of boot space was of some sort of priority!
I thought the build quality and plastics were of Honda quality, but the difference between the variants was just a lot of 'Jive n Jazz'. didn't really make sense to have variant with jus an add on kit.
The price was also not too attractive because the customer is forgetting the HONDA tag and the rest and is looking for a Hatch back and there the magic fails.
Old 11th July 2009, 15:50   #574
BHPian

Hi everyone,

First I would like to congratulate GTO on such a great review. Team BHP is the first place i come to for detailed opinion on any automobile. This review was even more important since we were planning to buy a hatchback for city driving. So please guys help me with my queries. I plan to buy it on coming Monday.

I am looking for our third car primarily to be used by my wife for city driving. I have shortlisted following two cars -
1. Jazz - Since its a Honda, good A.S.S., Excellent Fit & Finish
2. i20 1.4 A/T - its automatic, loaded to the brim.

I could not find any comparison between the above two stated cars. So if someone can shed some light on direct comparison between i20 1.4 A/T and Honda Jazz, I will really appreciated it.
Other concern is the Euro NCAP Rating for both these cars. Both of them has 5 Star rating but If I am correct then Jazz (european model) is significatly differnent then Indian model. whereas safety feature(6 airbag etc) on i20 are same as then model sold in Europe. So Does that make Jazz less safe than i20.

Guys if there is any review/comparison of new i20 1.4 A/T then I am sorry about my post. I could not locate one.

Last edited by manu7781 : 11th July 2009 at 15:53.
Old 12th July 2009, 00:51   #575
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I TD'd the JAZZ today , the Car is an awesome package. The design, the interior space and styling is very appealing. The real time fuel consumption meter was a nice gizmo. The car felt very spacious/airy/roomy from the drivers position and also from the back. the mini mpv look is not bad and infact would look very good looking at the fit/jazz from the south east asian countries.

Only thing that i didn't like was the engine, it was rough, and powerless. there was no pull push punch or anything even when being revved till 7000rpm. I enter the showroom pretty late close to 7pm but even at such a late time i cud see 2-3 people signing cheques and closing their deals on the jazz.

There is only one model / variant

Ex showroom delhi : 6.98
OTR Delhi 7.50
Old 12th July 2009, 01:16   #576
BHPian

even though Jazz is a nice car, but going by the success of a highly overpriced honda, i can not imagin what kind of price honda will put on their future models.

Its really a bad sign for Indian customers.
Old 12th July 2009, 01:49   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
even though Jazz is a nice car, but going by the success of a highly overpriced honda, i can not imagin what kind of price honda will put on their future models.
Its really a bad sign for Indian customers.
I kinda agree, coz when we heard that honda was thinking of a hatch then the hope is that it'll compete price wise too in this HUGE market but even the fabia is cheaper :-)
nobody complained about the accord or the CRV in this loud a voice - I guess it says something.
Old 12th July 2009, 03:20   #578
BHPian

The Jazz is said to be just a tip of the Iceberg,there is going to be a small car launch in 2010 by Honda,lets expect it to be priced right at least.
Old 14th July 2009, 04:47   #579
BHPian

The pricing of jazz is bit too steep, I think.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:28   #580
BHPian

It is a surprise to me, none of the T-Bhpian member have posted the initial ownership report till date. I totally understand it is very expensive, but in my opinion it is a decent hatch for people who want a good quality hatchback car but dont want a sedan.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:50   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
but in my opinion it is a decent hatch for people who want a good quality hatchback car but dont want a sedan.
Ohh look at it as a luxury sedan without a boot. This car makes the swift look like a small car.
Old 14th July 2009, 12:12   #582
Senior - BHPian

Two days back I saw a new Jazz at CBD Belapur. It was a tyre shop getting alloy's. What a rich guy!
Old 14th July 2009, 13:00   #583
BHPian

If you saw a Maroon color Jazz then the rich guy is from Reliance. Have seen one in the Campus.
Old 14th July 2009, 17:54   #584
Senior - BHPian

I don't think that I have come across any Jazz ownership reviews yet. At the same time, the car has been bought by over a thousand people since launch. That tells me that the circles representing active TBHP members and Jazz owners do not intersect. And Honda may even know that. Or am I missing something here?
Old 14th July 2009, 18:00   #585
BHPian

I have to agree with the above post i guess , even i too saw lot of Jazz on Road but not even a single punto yet . Team members and Punto owners intersect but not jazz owners.
Will punto sales outperform Jazz sales ? let see .........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks