Team-BHP - Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/60146-review-2nd-gen-honda-jazz-158.html)

Wow your car looks neat. The headlights look crystal clear. Are the pictures from the delivery date? :D

This car really is a gem and is under appreciated. No other car comes close in terms of space management and fun to drive (relative to the price). The Honda steering of that era feels perfect as well.

Do keep the car as long as you can. They don't make such cars anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by omar (Post 5658434)
Wow your car looks neat. The headlights look crystal clear. Are the pictures from the delivery date? :D

This car really is a gem and is under appreciated. No other car comes close in terms of space management and fun to drive (relative to the price). The Honda steering of that era feels perfect as well.

Are the pictures from the delivery date? :D - Heh Heh - No :) Taken few days ago. But thanks!!

When I look at this vehicle, I get reminded of the movie titled, "There is something about Mary" - Except that, here it is, "There is something about Honda Jazz"!!

I still feel if the car had the following 4 features / options it would have been the near perfect car:
a. 1500 CC option
b. Auto Air Conditioning
c. Auto Door Locks
d. GC of 185+ mm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaren (Post 5658534)

I still feel if the car had the following 4 features / options it would have been the near perfect car:
a. 1500 CC option
b. Auto Air Conditioning
c. Auto Door Locks
d. GC of 185+ mm

The car did have the 1.5 litre engine offered in the international markets. They even had a sport version of the car (Fit Sport).

I think they didn’t offer it here due to the concessions available for 1.2 litre cars.

A 1.5 litre engine can be retrofitted on to the car. Have seen a few in India do it to the Jazz and Brio.

Congrats. Our Jazz is into it's 3rd year now and good as new even though it's in an open parking area in the hot climate of chennai! All your points are very valid. Honda made an excellent VFM premium and super spacious hatchback with all round Quality fit finish and a decent "family" engine...it's a shame they discontinued it. My cribs were only on tad lower GC that scraped the obnoxious speedbreakers more than the Honda City. Plus missing out on adjustable headrests at rear and rear ac vents was a disappointment

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaren (Post 5658534)
Are the pictures from the delivery date? :D - Heh Heh - No :) Taken few days ago. But thanks!!

When I look at this vehicle, I get reminded of the movie titled, "There is something about Mary" - Except that, here it is, "There is something about Honda Jazz"!!

a. 1500 CC option
b. Auto Air Conditioning
c. Auto Door Locks
d. GC of 185+ mm

This is a car that i was privileged to own. I cannot express how perfect it was, and how easy it was to upgrade lacking features.
Damn safe as well, when I had an accident on the Expressway just after lockdown#1.

I hope this remains in your garage for as long as it can, because when you part with it, it will hurt!

What a lovely example of a lovely version! The Jazz X was the pinnacle of the Jazz for our market, with its first world packaging. A car I had a good hard look to own as my first car but it was not to be. It is amazing how retrograde and characterless the so called next generation Jazz was made to be (Gosh! Honda)

Magic seats and timeless design aside, I suppose the Jazz X had a contemporary feature list too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaren (Post 5658366)
In 2011, I bought Honda Jazz X edition and after a lot of thought process and learnings from this very forum. .

Great to know that you have completed 12 years of ownership. I also owned 2012 model Jazz XMT but sold off the same in 2019 due to unfortunate turn of events. The vehicle was absolutely an eye candy for the onlookers and quite a head turner. Also it had really premium interiors and great space (4 passengers can be easily seated inside along with the driver).However 1.2 l engine was an underperformer and really felt underpowered particularly hilly drives and on highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by venbas (Post 5667791)
Congrats. Our Jazz is into it's 3rd year now and good as new even though it's in an open parking area in the hot climate of chennai! All your points are very valid. Honda made an excellent VFM premium and super spacious hatchback with all round Quality fit finish and a decent "family" engine...it's a shame they discontinued it. My cribs were only on tad lower GC that scraped the obnoxious speedbreakers more than the Honda City. Plus missing out on adjustable headrests at rear and rear ac vents was a disappointment

Mine being an older version, it has proper headrests instead of the built-in headrests.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VBHYD (Post 5667990)
Great to know that you have completed 12 years of ownership. I also owned 2012 model Jazz XMT but sold off the same in 2019 due to unfortunate turn of events. The vehicle was absolutely an eye candy for the onlookers and quite a head turner. Also it had really premium interiors and great space (4 passengers can be easily seated inside along with the driver).However 1.2 l engine was an underperformer and really felt underpowered particularly hilly drives and on highways.

If am not mistaken you have travelled extensively using Jazz. I used to follow those posts! If it had an option of 1.5 engine, it would have been perfect!

Is there a recommended alternative to 10W-40 for the Engine Oil for this 2nd Gen Jazz?

Quote:

Originally Posted by omar (Post 5658434)

Apologies for the late response. Thanks for the compliments on the matter of Headlights. These pictures are the latest but I have had no issues with the headlights - they are were bought.

Will try and keep the car as long as possible.