Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2015, 15:34   #2311
BHPian

Re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

@mail4ajo, the lid pops open.

I think the you tube posted explains why it is happening infrequently. Will watch it closely in future.
Old 5th October 2015, 18:17   #2312
Senior - BHPian

It is almost time to sell my 2010 Jazz. I have run about 48K kms. I have 12K kms run Michelin Primacy ST, Gsport leathers. Interiors are in excellent condition, always maintained by 3M, exteriors not in showroom condition, but good.

What do you think is a fair price to ask?
Old 19th October 2015, 14:58   #2313
Senior - BHPian

My love affair with the Jazz ended today. I think 4 lakhs is a fair price for the car.

Above all, I got a good buyer and smooth transaction. A tear rolled as I saw the car leave. 5 years of memories. I referred the buyer to track this thread for updates/tips.
Old 19th October 2015, 16:02   #2314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
My love affair with the Jazz ended today. I think 4 lakhs is a fair price for the car.

Above all, I got a good buyer and smooth transaction. A tear rolled as I saw the car leave. 5 years of memories. I referred the buyer to track this thread for updates/tips.
I'm pretty sure, it would've have served you very well. And a couple of days back I bought myself a 2011 Jazz X, 20k on the odometer and I'm sure it'll serve me many more years to come. Reading through your inputs and some other Jazz owners I decided to buy this Jazz. Thank you and Good luck, Sir.
Old 22nd October 2015, 11:13   #2315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayr70n_5enna View Post
I'm pretty sure, it would've have served you very well. And a couple of days back I bought myself a 2011 Jazz X, 20k on the odometer and I'm sure it'll serve me many more years to come. Reading through your inputs and some other Jazz owners I decided to buy this Jazz. Thank you and Good luck, Sir.
Congratulations on the Jazz :-) It still invites more than a few stares on the road. In comparison, the Amaze, though newer, feels common now.
Could you let us know the current market rates for the older version of Jazz? And what was the amount at which you sealed the deal?

Do post a few pictures of your newest acquisition.
Old 22nd October 2015, 13:51   #2316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianv2 View Post
Congratulations on the Jazz :-) It still invites more than a few stares on the road. In comparison, the Amaze, though newer, feels common now.
Could you let us know the current market rates for the older version of Jazz? And what was the amount at which you sealed the deal?

Do post a few pictures of your newest acquisition.
I know for a fact that there were very few Old Jazz sold due to it's high pricing then, but it sure is a head turner.

And yes, I closed the deal on 3.75 lacs, which IMO is ideal as the price for the Jazz for the same model and same year were around 4.25 lacs + when I looked around in the market, they had already clocked more than 40k kms. So, apparently I had landed a good deal in my hands.
It's pretty hard to find the ideal price of the car, and if you look around for a genuine one, it's like finding a needle in the haystack, tbh. But, anywhere around 3.7 to 4.7 should be ideal, if the car is in good condition

Well, I'll post the pictures later definitely
Old 12th December 2015, 19:27   #2317
BHPian

hi i have the second gen jazz from 2009, i live in belagavi karnataka, small town and not easy to source parts from the after market
i was wondering if the brake pads for the honda city would be alright to replace the ones in my jazz with?
i know a shop who has pads for the city manufactured by bosch...quite tempted to use them. parts for the old expensive jazz have always been a difficult task to find, especially in small cities!

also if anyone could direct me to a website link which they feel could send genuine jazz brake pads to me, would also be apreciated.

thanks!

Last edited by lemedico : 12th December 2015 at 19:36.
Old 8th March 2016, 19:04   #2318
BHPian

Hello,

Few questions regarding Jazz maintenance. I just got it serviced last weekend and SA suggested few things. My car has done 95 k now and is still running pretty smooth without any major issues.

1. Clutch overhauling - I have read and aware of clutch overhauling scams around. My car has done 95k now and still rides very smooth. Facing shudder issue on 1st and 2nd gear. SA advised clutch overhauling and flywheel replacement.
Can anyone advice how to check condition of flywheel? Are there any fellow Jazz owner who have replaced these things?

2. As per Honda's service schedule spark plugs will be due for replacement by 1lac on Odo. Can anyone tell how to check if they need replacement and cost of it?
I am not facing any issues as such with riding of the car. It is driving pretty smooth.

Btw few months back I had reported here about bad suspension and SA advising to replace struts completely. Instead I got Spring Coil Buffers put on my car for 4.5k and it has worked great for me.
Old 15th March 2016, 00:23   #2319

Hey Guys,
I am in search of a pre owned Jazz in Mumbai. I have seen very few around but particularly one has peaked my interest, its 2011 Jazz X model 34k on the odo single owner(not with dealer direct owner) and runs fine.. for some reason found the steering a little stiff not sure if it was natural. Can any one suggest what should be an ideal price for the a car with this specs. Please share you valuable opinions.

Regards
Elvis
Old 7th April 2016, 20:46   #2320
BHPian

Recently rented a Jazz AT from Myles. Gave a mileage of 16kmpl on highway driving at under 100kmph. Suspension was good, Ac was good, Seat comfort was ok. Did not like the AC controls being touch sensitive. The speedo console was very gimmicky with all sorts of colors and readability was poor in day light with lot of glare.
Old 2nd November 2016, 19:10   #2321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I have kept on stressing the fact that the Jazz's engine is one of the best in its segment. And I speak nothing but a fact! For those who own one, including me, we know what we're talking about. For those who are in the waiting line to own one, I wish you get one before they get sold out, and for those who never thought this hatchback was worthy enough, you missed out on owning one of the finest Honda engines that money could buy!

Mehtunantly (Fortunately and unfortunately) the Jazz will fade away, but at least the Brio is here to stay! Nuff said.
I managed to get the last Jazz [Select Model] available in Magnum Honda, Bangalore. And what's more I was delighted to find that it had Michelin tires too Even to this day I'm glad I just managed to get the 2nd Gen Jazz before it was stopped!

And the service guys at Magnum Honda, reiterate that it is best car to have ever been produced by Honda along with the Civic! They even keep advising me not to trade my 2nd Gen Jazz for the new Jazz or the new City [no offense to the new Jazz and new City owners] even if I get "attractive" exchange+loyalty bonus from Honda themselves!!

The sheer reliability and quality of the car doesn't cease to amaze me even to this date!!

Thanks and Regards,
Rakesh
Old 4th May 2017, 12:33   #2322
BHPian

I own a 2009 Jazz. It has crossed 60K kms recently. I have been getting it serviced by FNG for last 3 years or so. I am planning to get the transmission oil changed soon. Will independent garages be able to procure Genuine Honda Manual Transmission oil? if not which is the best transmission oil brand suitable for Jazz? Appreciate any guidance on this!
Thanks in Advance.
Old 4th May 2017, 17:31   #2323
BHPian

You can source it yourself - THIS will do just fine
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 17:36   #2324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
I own a 2009 Jazz. It has crossed 60K kms recently. I have been getting it serviced by FNG for last 3 years or so. I am planning to get the transmission oil changed soon. Will independent garages be able to procure Genuine Honda Manual Transmission oil? if not which is the best transmission oil brand suitable for Jazz? Appreciate any guidance on this!
Thanks in Advance.
Check the owners manual for the grade of transmission oil which should be listed. You should use only that grade of oil. The oil company / branding is not of much importance. The grade is important.
Old 7th May 2017, 01:12   #2325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
Thanks in Advance.
Call me paranoid, but before every service, I read a lot about what needs to be done with the car. I recently got the MTF(manual transmission fluid) changed on my 2012 Jazz which has done around 35k KMS. I think it should be changed every 4 years or so. And from the information I gathered, i could see a lot of people recommending to stick with Honda Genuine MTF rather than some after market oil. Since the Fit(Jazz) is a hot selling model worldwide, you can get some information about the fact that I just stated. For this main reason, I went to HASS to replace the MTF. Same goes for the coolant and the spark plugs. Somehow, Honda has something added to coolant(for example) that it lasts 10 years or 100K KMS. I dont think any other manufacturer comes close to this. Same goes for spark plugs. Hence, I would recommend sticking with Honda genuine MTF because from what I read, they have engineered it a bit different than others.
Now to your main question of where to source it from, drop an email to Honda asking that you want to buy MTF as an over the counter sale and they will direct you to the nearest dealer. Take a printout of this email and go there and collect the required quantity. Why I asked you to take the printout is because dealers generally shrug off customers who want to buy stuff over the counter without paying them a penny for labor. An e-mail printout will make it clear that you are not going to take nonsense from them.
smarth.katyal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed