Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2014, 13:37   #2281
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
No Problems with the Car or the ownership, we have multiple cars but we don't travel much, so all our cars have low mileage.

Spares will not be a problem, Honda will continue to support the cars for at least 10 years. Other than the wiper blades, I did not replace any part on the car for the 4 years that I had it.

The Engine is the same as used in the BRIO and the new Jazz may continue to carry the same engine, at least in the lower trims, so there is part sharing as far as engine is concerned and it may share some under pinning's with the old City.

Service is not that expensive, Honda wants you to service the car every 3 months, which is ridiculous, I got it serviced once a year, put in Synthetic oil and refused to change any parts that were not needed. It cost me about 4-5K per service, sometimes 7-8K if some running spares were replaced. Maruti and Hyundai are not that cheap either, give or take a couple Ks
Thank You for the reply.

Does anyone have a soft copy of Honda Jazz spare parts price list. I would like to compare it to that of Suzuki Swift and i20. Visits to honda dealer and numerous emails to Honda cs has turned futile.
Old 5th September 2014, 22:12   #2282
BHPian

Hello.

As per service schedule I am advised to change front break pads, break oil etc. For an estimate of 4400 INR by Honda service center. Is the estimate correct ? My car's odo is 67k now.

It seems due as front breaks have started making quirky noises.
Old 7th September 2014, 12:08   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach2 View Post
Hello.

As per service schedule I am advised to change front break pads, break oil etc. For an estimate of 4400 INR by Honda service center. Is the estimate correct ? My car's odo is 67k now.

It seems due as front breaks have started making quirky noises.
Yes it is advisable if you change them. Price is correct. Go ahead. Just make sure they bleed the lines and take out any air from the system. Generally brake pads are replaced at 50k kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
Thank You for the reply.

Does anyone have a soft copy of Honda Jazz spare parts price list. I would like to compare it to that of Suzuki Swift and i20. Visits to honda dealer and numerous emails to Honda cs has turned futile.
I do not have a soft copy or anything but i would say its been 2 years since we have had our jazz. We get it serviced every six months. Till now none of the bills has exceeded 3000 Rs.
Engine oil 3.6 L - 1200Rs
Oil Filter- 200Rs
Drain plug and washer- 50Rs
Air filter element(this is for the engine)- 700Rs(replace every 20k kms)
Cabin air filter(for AC)- 500Rs(replace every 20k kms)
Service charges for normal service are 900Rs
Service charges for major services (every20k kms) are 1700Rs

But there are things like coolant, that is good for 10 years, spark plugs that are good for 1 lakh kms. The above should give you an idea of the parts pricing. Its not costly at all.
I think you should go for the test drive, see if you find any problems with the car(which im pretty sure you wont) and then take a decision. Also go to the SVC with the car reg. no and see the service history.

Running parts are easily available with the SVC. For other parts like bumpers,door skins,etc you might have to wait for a week depending on your location. A point to not would be that this is the older jazz and it did not come with USB and there is no way to get this done,atleast from the showroom.
smarth.katyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:20   #2284
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried an aftermarket wiper brand on the Jazz? The OEs are hard to get. I need to order and wait for a week or two.
Old 8th December 2014, 10:53   #2285
BHPian

I was wondering with all the recalls related to Takata Airbag issue, is our beloved Jazz free from it or has Honda simply forgotten us?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-impacted.html

Safety was one of the most important criteria while buying Jazz (I'm sure it is same with lot you as well).

I am worried.
Old 9th December 2014, 19:23   #2286
Senior - BHPian

Are these rust occurrences common on Hondas? I have seen worse on other cars. Started noticing these recently. Is there anything I can do to stop spread of the rust?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-image2.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-image33.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-image.jpg  

Old 24th February 2015, 13:07   #2287
BHPian

Hello guys,

I own a JazzX Nov'11 model. So far it has done 78k KMs. Car is doing all good but lately I have been getting lot of noise(loud thud and compression and expansion of suspension both) from all suspensions even at a small bump.
Noise is very much noticeable inside the cabin. Also suspension isn't smooth anymore.
One more thing I have observed it car going down a bit once there are 4 people inside. (is it normal?)

I checked with a mechanic, he suggested fix would cost in 12-15k range and his doubt was about lower arms of suspension.

I am confused if to get this done from outside mechanic or from authorized service center. At service center they just tell you to replace everything (my experience) so a bit reluctant about it.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards
mach2
Old 16th March 2015, 17:53   #2288
Senior - BHPian

I got my driver side power window switch replaced under warranty. My car has covered more than 42K kms. Extended warranty had expired, but the service center replaced it. Full credit to Capital Honda.

Anyone been able to buy wipers from the market?
Old 16th March 2015, 18:01   #2289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I own a JazzX Nov'11 model. So far it has done 78k KMs. Car is doing all good but lately I have been getting lot of noise(loud thud and compression and expansion of suspension both) from all suspensions even at a small bump.
Noise is very much noticeable inside the cabin. Also suspension isn't smooth anymore.
I have a 2010 Honda City with 91,000 on the odo. Beginning of this month, I got the entire suspension front & rear changed for the second time due to the same problems that you are talking about. The first time I changed the suspension at about 45K and now again at 91K. I am guessing the suspension lasts roughly 50K. I got it done from an independent garage. I am not sure about the total cost but it was roughly 18-20K.
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 18:38   #2290
Senior - BHPian

Team, where are you getting your wiper from? Unable to find the OE ones.
Old 29th March 2015, 10:00   #2291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Team, where are you getting your wiper from? Unable to find the OE ones.
Hello,
I am planning to order Hella wipers for my Jazz online (available on snapdeal). Have heard good reviews of it.
Old 31st March 2015, 19:41   #2292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
I am planning to order Hella wipers for my Jazz online (available on snapdeal). Have heard good reviews of it.
Too many fakes in Hella. Mine snapped in 2 months and leaves streaks when wiping from day one. Mine is certainly bad quality.

I managed to get decent Minda OE wipers, 26" (Rs 350) and 14" (Rs 300). Works well. Rear type not available.
Old 3rd April 2015, 19:19   #2293
BHPian

Need some help with a problem with my Jazz. Sometimes my Key doesnt turn, & I have to wrestle with it to get it to switch it on. This happened again a few days back & I had to put so much force I was afraid I might break my key. After some struggle it worked & the problem hasnt repeated.

I have been having this problem for some time but since it occurred very rarely, so I more or less ignored it till now.

Anyone faced a similar problem / inputs on how to fix it?

Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 20:12   #2294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Need some help with a problem with my Jazz. Sometimes my Key doesnt turn, & I have to wrestle with it to get it to switch it on. This happened again a few days back & I had to put so much force I was afraid I might break my key. After some struggle it worked & the problem hasnt repeated.

I have been having this problem for some time but since it occurred very rarely, so I more or less ignored it till now.

Anyone faced a similar problem / inputs on how to fix it?

Thanks
Have you tried turning the steering slightly (it is locked obviously so will only turn minutely) and then re-trying the ignition? This is pretty common on Maruti cars.
Old 3rd April 2015, 20:21   #2295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Have you tried turning the steering slightly (it is locked obviously so will only turn minutely) and then re-trying the ignition? This is pretty common on Maruti cars.
Thanks will try it next time it occurs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks