Team-BHP - Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/60146-review-2nd-gen-honda-jazz-152.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by areddy (Post 3488662)

I think the 2014 model especially the Diesel is something to look forward especially if they fix the ground clearance issue. In terms of the rest of the things, I think its a great car with amazing seating space, and the dashboard is quite futuristic.

Given that 2014 city has better GC and confirmed by test drives and ownership reports, one can be confident that even Jazz will have a better GC since they share the same platform. Honda has also understood the GC issues in their cars and are addressing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naikameya (Post 3484127)
Has any one faced issue with defogging during rains?
When it starts raining the defogging system doesn't really work well as the fog stays on the windscreen but is most of the time from outside.
!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 3484395)
I have this outside windscreen fogging issue and have not been able to solve it after 4 monsoons. Its fogs up when I use the wipers, but clears immediately after the wipe is done.

Any suggestions? I also suspect my windscreen sun film, I have the 3M CR70 on it.

I have the same issue. The windscreen fogs up from outside during rain.But somehow it didn't happen this time while i was returning from nainital. I think it was because i selected the fresh air mode as always but instead of keeping the temperature to cold, i set it in between,i mean at the center. And throughout the journey the problem didn't occur. Even i was surprised. If you need the air conditioner then let the temperature setting be at the center for about five minutes and then change it to cold and also change the blower throw to normal air vents instead of the windscreen vent. I think the key is to not make the windscreen cold. And i second you all, my 2004 WagonR does not have this problem.

On a different note,i saw a Silver Jazz X at Sab Mall yesterday with team-bhp stickers. Is the owner active on the forum?Would love meeting a few jazz owners in NCR.

Has anyone upgraded their tyres? I am sure most of the old gen Jazz have run at least 35K kms plus.

Finally decided to upsize my tires to 195/60 R15. Got the Michelin Primacy 3 ST @Rs 6250/piece. Was apprehensive of looks as the 195 tread is lot wider than stock. Looks ok. Initial feedback, low speed ride has improved, much less noise and steering feels lighter. Will update as I have more feedback.

The Jazz with 175/65 is badly under-tired (if there is a word like this). But considering the lower engine capacity, the Jazz is still fine, but I cant understand how they have the more powerful City with same spec tire.

Hello!
I had an unfortunate incident with my Jazz earlier last week. There's work that is in progress near Vashi toll booth. We were traveling at a good 70kmph and there was a sudden thud. Drove a bit further and realized that the car was drifting left. Checked and realized both left hand side tyres went flat.
I had Michelin XM1 shoes on her and went to Vashi Michelin shop. The dealer said that both tyres had big cuts in sidewalls and were damaged beyond repair. He said I was lucky I had tubeless radials, were they normal tyres, they would have burst right away and we may have crashed.

So I asked him to put both old tyres (the ones on driver side) to the rear and put the new tyres (XM2) on the front, considering the engine to be on the front and more chances of wear and tear.

The dealer informed that Michelin has withdrawn XM1 from the market and now all replacements / upgrades are XM2. I drove around 25km till date on the old tyre set (XM1) and find these XM2's a bit noisier.
The total bill for 2 XM2's, wheel balancing and wheel alignment came to 12k

Sorry to hear about that. But how were you able to drive to the Vashi Michelin shop with 2 flat tires?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeep108 (Post 3496323)
Sorry to hear about that. But how were you able to drive to the Vashi Michelin shop with 2 flat tires?

Replaced the front one with spare. Had to drive with one flat the.:Frustrati

Please share suggestions on accessories for the Honda Jazz that can enhance the looks of the vehicle on both the outside and the inside. My Jazz is 4.5 years old and has clocked 41,000 kms. Of my 4 cars I love it the most and self drive to work. I am looking for suggestions on high quality accessories. Thanks.

Guys need your valuable suggestions regarding purchase of a pretty worshipped jazz.

I am on the look out to purchase my first car. I decided to go for a used car as my options are limited in the 5.5L budget wrt safety features. Most of the examples I come across are i20s and high mileage swift zxi. Recently a Honda jazz has caught my eyes.

Year:2011
Airbags, abs, alloy wheels, music sys
Colour:blue
Odo:24000
Condition:good
Price:4.4L negotiable.

What is a good price to pay for such a car? The carwale.com suggester gives a qoute in similar price range. Also what kind of expense am I looking at for a jazz that has run 30k? Tire, brake pads change etc.

Also will the jazz be considerably more expensive to run, service and maintain compared to swift, i20 or a new wagon r? What about spares cost and availability? Any place I can access the parts list?

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kedar3223 (Post 3520496)
Guys need your valuable suggestions regarding purchase of a pretty worshipped jazz.

I am on the look out to purchase my first car. I decided to go for a used car as my options are limited in the 5.5L budget wrt safety features. Most of the examples I come across are i20s and high mileage swift zxi. Recently a Honda jazz has caught my eyes.

Year:2011
Airbags, abs, alloy wheels, music sys
Colour:blue
Odo:24000
Condition:good
Price:4.4L negotiable.

What is a good price to pay for such a car? The carwale.com suggester gives a qoute in similar price range. Also what kind of expense am I looking at for a jazz that has run 30k? Tire, brake pads change etc.

Also will the jazz be considerably more expensive to run, service and maintain compared to swift, i20 or a new wagon r? What about spares cost and availability? Any place I can access the parts list?

Thank you.

kedar

24k is hardly run, for a Honda. Price looks ok to me (I am in Bangalore where cars are so much more expensive)
About other expenses:
- My Jazz is 30K and the tires look good for another 10k.
- Battery will need replacement if it hasn't been already done.
- Brake pads should be ok.

Not sure why you say Jazz will be more expensive to run and maintain - my experience says Jazz is quite frugal to run/maintain.
- Bangalore city running mileage is 14 kmpl, highway is 19 kmpl (speed 100-120 kmph).
- Each service costs <3000/-, every 6 mo. Lower than what I hear my colleagues pay for their swifts/i20/i10.
- Spares are no more/less expensive than hyundais.

It is a very well made car, ride it back to back with swift/i20/i10 and you will agree.

good luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazy (Post 3521025)
kedar

24k is hardly run, for a Honda. Price looks ok to me (I am in Bangalore where cars are so much more expensive)
About other expenses:
- My Jazz is 30K and the tires look good for another 10k.
- Battery will need replacement if it hasn't been already done.
- Brake pads should be ok.

Not sure why you say Jazz will be more expensive to run and maintain - my experience says Jazz is quite frugal to run/maintain.
- Bangalore city running mileage is 14 kmpl, highway is 19 kmpl (speed 100-120 kmph).
- Each service costs <3000/-, every 6 mo. Lower than what I hear my colleagues pay for their swifts/i20/i10.
- Spares are no more/less expensive than hyundais.

It is a very well made car, ride it back to back with swift/i20/i10 and you will agree.

good luck

Thanks you for the reply.

Assumption that Honda is expensive to maintain comes from word of mouth. May be because most of the Hondas people own belong to c segment and above. If the spares are easily available, I think I would bite the bait.

On Thursday I will be going in for a TD. Any specific problems that I should lookout for apart for the regular inspection. I will also be getting it checked from a Honda service centre before finalising the deal. So all in all 4.4L is a fair price right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kedar3223 (Post 3521132)

Assumption that Honda is expensive to maintain comes from word of mouth. May be because most of the Hondas people own belong to c segment and above. If the spares are easily available, I think I would bite the bait.

On Thursday I will be going in for a TD. Any specific problems that I should lookout for apart for the regular inspection. I will also be getting it checked from a Honda service centre before finalising the deal. So all in all 4.4L is a fair price right?

Jazz owners please help
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3522393
please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kedar3223 (Post 3521132)

In May I sold by 2010 Honda Jazz Select Edition with 8K Kms for 4.15L
Car was in absolute perfect Condition.

4.2L looks like a reasonable price for the one you are looking at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by merve_extreme (Post 3522718)
In May I sold by 2010 Honda Jazz Select Edition with 8K Kms for 4.15L
Car was in absolute perfect Condition.

4.2L looks like a reasonable price for the one you are looking at.

Was the reason for sale related to any problems with car and its ownership?
How would you rate the cost of spares, service charges and availability? Sent a mail to Honda asking for spares price list, but they are not responding. Is the new upcoming jazz completely new wrt drivetrain and other components? Does the jazz share parts with other honda cars? The supposedly issue with spares and service cost of honda as told by the mechanics and people around is the only thing stopping me from buying the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kedar3223 (Post 3522766)
Was the reason for sale related to any problems with car and its ownership?
How would you rate the cost of spares, service charges and availability? Sent a mail to Honda asking for spares price list, but they are not responding. Is the new upcoming jazz completely new wrt drivetrain and other components? Does the jazz share parts with other honda cars? The supposedly issue with spares and service cost of honda as told by the mechanics and people around is the only thing stopping me from buying the car.

No Problems with the Car or the ownership, we have multiple cars but we don't travel much, so all our cars have low mileage.

Spares will not be a problem, Honda will continue to support the cars for at least 10 years. Other than the wiper blades, I did not replace any part on the car for the 4 years that I had it.

The Engine is the same as used in the BRIO and the new Jazz may continue to carry the same engine, at least in the lower trims, so there is part sharing as far as engine is concerned and it may share some under pinning's with the old City.

Service is not that expensive, Honda wants you to service the car every 3 months, which is ridiculous, I got it serviced once a year, put in Synthetic oil and refused to change any parts that were not needed. It cost me about 4-5K per service, sometimes 7-8K if some running spares were replaced. Maruti and Hyundai are not that cheap either, give or take a couple Ks