Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2014, 19:28   #2251
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz91 View Post
13 kmpl on highway sounds way too low. It has never gone below 18 on the highway for me. There is too much variation in the city mileage, depending upon the traffic conditions on average. In bumper-to-bumper traffic, with average speed ~6-8 kmph (Bangalore! ), it used to be about 11 kmpl for me.
For me in bumper to bumper traffic also I am getting 12.5 kmpl. Strange that on highway my car is not doing great. Maybe I will calculate again. (hope I made a calculation mistake or my last tank full wasn't actually tank full)
mach2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 12:05   #2252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach2 View Post
For me in bumper to bumper traffic also I am getting 12.5 kmpl. Strange that on highway my car is not doing great. Maybe I will calculate again. (hope I made a calculation mistake or my last tank full wasn't actually tank full)
I really think you must have made a calculation mistake or you must have used some seriously bad fuel. My highway average has always been close to 17kmpl with AC and pedal to metal kind of driving.

How much is your ODO reading, check the owners manual if spark plugs have to be changed. But as far as i remember, Honda uses iridium type plugs which last around 100k kms. Also check for clogged engine air filter. Does your clutch feel spongy? If yes,it might be slipping,in such case,check if it can be adjusted.

With respect to your problem of brake pedal having vibrations while braking, i dont have any such problems. Check for brake pad and disc wear. If its not uniform, the pedal will vibrate. I suggest you take it to the SVC and get all these problems sorted out.
Wishing you many more happy miles with your new Jazz
smarth.katyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 00:29   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys,

As I posted earlier, I got a pre-owned Jazz X in very good condition. SO far I have done 1300 kms on it. Effective mileage that I am achieving in city and highway both is quite low. (just 12.5-13 kmpl)
Soon I will be getting it serviced. What things should I ensure to improve it?
Also when I apply breaks urgently at higher speeds, break pedal gives a feedback (noticable vibration). It is normal or is there something I need to get checked?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
As stated by fellow BHPians, the mileage seems to be pretty low from highway standards. If I treat the throttle nicely, the mileage easily comes to +/- 20 any given day.
You must state it explicitly in your next service schedule. Or I suggest you prepone the servicing instead of waiting of waiting for "The" schedule.

Vibration in high speeds is what (I think) ABS is all about. It has that alternate breaking pattern/system which prevents the wheels from locking up. I experienced it with mine and the the vibration came to me as a natural phenomena. However I am no Honda engineer, hence get it clarified by the service professional.

Cheers and wish you safe driving with the beauty!
nkishore_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 15:36   #2254
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone faced issues on the driver side power windows? My windows seem to be sticking and the one touch feature is erratic. All other windows seem to be fine. This is the only irritant currently.
Old 2nd July 2014, 15:50   #2255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Has anyone faced issues on the driver side power windows? My windows seem to be sticking and the one touch feature is erratic. All other windows seem to be fine. This is the only irritant currently.
My cousin had a similar problem in his jazz (even I had one in my swift). The problem in his case was a faulty motor. As it was constantly used, the window slowed down when it was pulled up and the driver side motor had to be replaced (not sure whether it was replaced but it had something to do with motor).
Old 6th July 2014, 16:34   #2256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I have the exact same issue. It developed around a month back. Took the car to SVC as i had a free wash coupon also. SA checked and said master switch needs replacement. But during the cleaning process, they blew high pressure air and the problem has never happened again and i decided not to get the master switch changed. Suggest you to give it a blast of high pressure air to remove all dirt and dust. Its probably a contact problem. My window up down function worked properly,only auto up-down function was not working sometimes.
Old 11th July 2014, 16:41   #2257

Greetings,I am planning to get an used jazz. Will I find it difficult to get the spare parts in the near by future.
Also in what price range could I fetch an used 2009 base model with around 50k on the Odo?
Old 12th July 2014, 19:32   #2258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrajith_s View Post
Greetings,I am planning to get an used jazz. Will I find it difficult to get the spare parts in the near by future.
Also in what price range could I fetch an used 2009 base model with around 50k on the Odo?
I recently got a second hand Nov 2012 Jazz x for 4.5 lac (including dealer commission). 2009 Model shouldn't cost more than 4 lac.

Also I got my first servicing done. Parts too shouldn't be an issue as they are available for 15 years the model is taken out of market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkishore_007 View Post
As stated by fellow BHPians, the mileage seems to be pretty low from highway standards. If I treat the throttle nicely, the mileage easily comes to +/- 20 any given day.
You must state it explicitly in your next service schedule. Or I suggest you prepone the servicing instead of waiting of waiting for "The" schedule.

Vibration in high speeds is what (I think) ABS is all about. It has that alternate breaking pattern/system which prevents the wheels from locking up. I experienced it with mine and the the vibration came to me as a natural phenomena. However I am no Honda engineer, hence get it clarified by the service professional.

Cheers and wish you safe driving with the beauty!
Just got done a major servicing (cost 7k)). All essentials replaced. Car is do if even more smooth now.
Will monitor for mileage now, hope it improves.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th July 2014 at 19:45. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts
mach2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 00:01   #2259

I recently got a second hand Nov 2012 Jazz x for 4.5 lac (including dealer commission). 2009 Model shouldn't cost more than 4 lac.

Also I got my first servicing done. Parts too shouldn't be an issue as they are available for 15 years the model is taken out of market.

Thank you for the details.
Old 13th July 2014, 11:57   #2260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrajith_s View Post
Im not very sure about the price. But Spare parts come easy if your at a Honda dealership. Some parts like door panels,windshields,etc(which you can call are "not running" parts) may require a time of 7-10 days for the dealer to procure. Ive never had any issue with parts like air filters,oil filters,which are to be changed at regular intervals.
Any honda car that you buy,will have a service history at the dealer level. You can note down the registration number and tally the service records present with the dealer for complete peace of mind.
And the Jazz is a wonderful car, you can opt for it with your eyes closed.
Old 13th July 2014, 12:00   #2261
BHPian

Quote:
Also I got my first servicing done.
Just got done a major servicing (cost 7k)). All essentials replaced. Car is do if even more smooth now.
Will monitor for mileage now, hope it improves.
Can you please post the snapshot of the invoice, or just share what all was changed and for how much. Will be helpful for other owners.

Mods: Sorry for making back to back posts,will use the multi-quote option from next time. I forgot about it while making the first post.
Old 14th July 2014, 03:58   #2262

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarth.katyal View Post
Im not very sure about the price. But Spare parts come easy if your at a Honda dealership. Some parts like door panels,windshields,etc(which you can call are "not running" parts) may require a time of 7-10 days for the dealer to procure. Ive never had any issue with parts like air filters,oil filters,which are to be changed at regular intervals.
Any honda car that you buy,will have a service history at the dealer level. You can note down the registration number and tally the service records present with the dealer for complete peace of mind.
And the Jazz is a wonderful car, you can opt for it with your eyes closed.
Thanks a lot.This was really helpful.
Old 21st July 2014, 16:59   #2263
BHPian

Has any one faced issue with defogging during rains?I have a Dec 2012 model. Last year i didn't drive much in rain and hence had ignored this problem.
When it starts raining the defogging system doesn't really work well as the fog stays on the windscreen but is most of the time from outside. This results into less than good visibility. I keep the air circulation on the external air as indicated, with AC on cooling mode. My earlier super old (2000 model) Santro did the defogging pretty quick.
This has been the case since day 1, as I had observed the defogger to be less effective when I drove the car on day of delivery, but thought I haven't tuned the knobs to best position.
Thanks!
Old 21st July 2014, 21:39   #2264
Senior - BHPian

I have this outside windscreen fogging issue and have not been able to solve it after 4 monsoons. I tried all possible combinations and even tried wurth wash liquid. Its fogs up when I use the wipers, but clears immediately after the wipe is done.

Any suggestions? I also suspect my windscreen sun film, I have the 3M CR70 on it.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 21st July 2014 at 21:47.
Old 26th July 2014, 09:31   #2265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Be advised, the Jazz is not considerably less bulkier than the SX4 to drive around the city! At least, width wise. It is not as long, and rearward visibility may be a tad better. Do take a test drive before you decide!

And as others have pointed out already, low end torque is notorious in the Jazz. She definitely is happier on the highways than the cities. Again, a test drive should give you a clear picture!!
Pickup/acceleration/torque is definitely not a Jazz's forte. I think it is just about adequate. Even on the highways, it engine feels sluggish.

However, I think it makes up for lack of power with fuel economy. I think in the end its a great balance and definitely suits fuel conscious customers.

One thing that I really don't understand is the ground clearance. I think it has been a problem with almost all the Honda cars. Especially in Bangalore, its heart wrenching every times you have to go over a bumper and listen to the bottom scraping against the road.

I think the 2014 model especially the Diesel is something to look forward especially if they fix the ground clearance issue. In terms of the rest of the things, I think its a great car with amazing seating space, and the dashboard is quite futuristic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks