Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2013, 10:31   #2191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Very unlikely. Jazz was taken out of production when there was a waiting list for the delivery.

My cousin was looking for a new Jazz couple of months ago and he found none in the NCR region.
Thanks for the reply mate

Even i was wondering that now its been quite some time to the discontinuation.
The Jazz with the price cut later was the perfect car in the segment as per me.
Will wait for the next gen Jazz to come in India.
Old 19th July 2013, 10:42   #2192
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXBlore View Post
Slightly off the topic from the last few posts. This is a query regarding accessories and enhancements on the Jazz. Has anyone tried the illuminated Door Sill plates or LED lights on the Jazz. Any pointers with pictures and places to find them would be useful.
I have those illuminated sill plates on my Jazz. Was a part of the Mode package, IIRC. Since these are originals by Honda they've lasted till date, i.e., over 2.5 years. The blue light looks awesome in the dark - worth whatever money Honda is charging for that.

If you need pictures, I can click a few and put them up. Let me know.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 19th July 2013 at 10:44.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 11:01   #2193
Distinguished - BHPian

I was wondering whether it makes sense to buy a pre-owned Jazz at this time. I know it has been discontinued, but I assume Honda would support from service and spares perspective for several years.

I have an SX4 currently which I am happy with except for the fact that its not very fun to drive in the city and my wife also drives and its quite big and bulky for her. The Jazz is my best choice for a hatchback that can give sedan equivalent space (especially boot space).
Old 5th September 2013, 11:29   #2194
Senior - BHPian

I definitely recommend buying an used Jazz. You may be able to get one for less as the resale is not known to be high.

Also the company will support the car and is likely to bring the refreshed version which I expect to share parts. Also some parts are shared with the City.
Old 5th September 2013, 11:55   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I was wondering whether it makes sense to buy a pre-owned Jazz at this time. I know it has been discontinued, but I assume Honda would support from service and spares perspective for several years.
As long as you take all the necessary precautions before buying any used car, it isn't a bad option at all. As mentioned above, parts are shared within the Honda family of cars, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 6th November 2013, 23:14   #2196
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone faced sticky power window switch on the Jazz/City? I was told my switch is good and the window mechanism was lubricated. It continues to stick intermittently.

Just crossed 27,000kms. Time for tyre change. Whats the best option? I prefer Michelins.
Old 7th November 2013, 08:07   #2197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Has anyone faced sticky power window switch on the Jazz/City? I was told my switch is good and the window mechanism was lubricated. It continues to stick intermittently.
My Jazz is almost a year and a half old now. No stickiness on the power switches. Do you see it on all your switches?

Quote:
Just crossed 27,000kms. Time for tyre change. Whats the best option? I prefer Michelins.
Recently got Michelin XM2s on our family car and they're great! Jazz stock tyre size is 175/65/R15. You might want to upgrade to the 185/65 or the 195/60. The 195/60 has three grooves too!
Old 7th November 2013, 10:29   #2198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone faced sticky power window switch on the Jazz/City? I was told my switch is good and the window mechanism was lubricated. It continues to stick intermittently...
Do you make sure that you operate all the power windows everyday atleast once? I think this is important. If you don't use it on a regular basis, the windows will get stuck.

Quote:
... Just crossed 27,000kms. Time for tyre change. Whats the best option? I prefer Michelins.
Michelins should easily be the best, albeit expensive.
Old 7th November 2013, 14:18   #2199
BHPian

Quote:

I have experienced sticky windows (rear ones) a couple of times and primarily because I don't use them.

Any particular reason for tyre change at mere 27k?
Old 7th November 2013, 16:24   #2200
Senior - BHPian

The issue is on the driver side one touch switch. I operate it min 8 times a day as I have tolls. I suspect the issue is with switch and not window mechanism.

The ride is not smooth as it used to be. Also feeling steering has tightened up a bit. Hence decided to change tires shortly. I guess I will delay for 1000kms or so.
Old 10th November 2013, 23:07   #2201
BHPian

Quote:

I have an SX4 currently which I am happy with except for the fact that its not very fun to drive in the city and my wife also drives and its quite big and bulky for her. The Jazz is my best choice for a hatchback that can give sedan equivalent space (especially boot space).
The Jazz is quite fun to drive. It has a slightly below average low end torque curve but if you use your foot right on the clutch and the accelerator(which I've learnt after driving my fair share of miles) and keep it in the 2k rpm mark,you'll start loving it. The car is stable means you can take those spontaneous pedal to metal moments without fear of loosing control. The 1.2 i-vtec on the Jazz makes 90PS power,which is highest in the class.

I haven't had any major part replacement on my Jazz but the front tow-cap went missing and the dealer sourced it withing 2 days. Ive asked my service adviser if spares will be available in future and he told me you can ask any old Honda city owners if they have problems with respect to parts.So on that basis i don't think there will be problems in spares. I know someone who sold his two year and 20k kms old Jazz select for 5.5 lakhs. So resale price is still not too low,not too high.
Old 10th November 2013, 23:12   #2202
BHPian

Quote:

I haven't faced this problem on my 1 and a half year old Jazz. What shoes does your car currently run on? I have Michelins and they are great(so far). But isn't it too soon,i mean tyres usually last 40k kms(more or less).
Old 11th November 2013, 09:27   #2203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarth.katyal View Post
I haven't faced this problem on my 1 and a half year old Jazz. What shoes does your car currently run on? I have Michelins and they are great(so far). But isn't it too soon,i mean tyres usually last 40k kms(more or less).
The stock Michelin were great. But looks like the smoothness has started to wane. I have thread left indicted by the wear indicator on the tyre. The tyres were manufactured in 2009. So I guess it's about time. Will wait for till Dec to change.
Old 11th November 2013, 23:33   #2204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Be advised, the Jazz is not considerably less bulkier than the SX4 to drive around the city! At least, width wise. It is not as long, and rearward visibility may be a tad better. Do take a test drive before you decide!

And as others have pointed out already, low end torque is notorious in the Jazz. She definitely is happier on the highways than the cities. Again, a test drive should give you a clear picture!!
Old 11th November 2013, 23:45   #2205

Any idea on when the new jazz might be expected? Eagerly waiting for that one..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks