Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2013, 12:23   #2116
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

GC is an issue - but not a big one. I have scrapped in some innocous looking bumpers due to speed and load. But again the area that gets scrapped predominantly is the horizontal beam that s a supporting structure and hence not such a big issue.

While every car can scrap at few bumpers, jazz scraps a few more as well. Just be careful.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:10   #2117
BHPian

I have a Jazz Rallaye Red. I mostly drive the car alone and have not had any GC problems even with the ridiculous Bangalore bumpers. However, with family (read 4 adults including driver) in the car, I kiss every bumper on the road (well almost!).

There was a suggestion on one of the Honda City threads about driving at an angle to avoid the bumpers. So far, that has not been able to help me much. Heard through a friend that increasing the tyre pressure to about 35 psi helps. I am keep all the four at 30 psi as suggested and I am not sure if the tyre pressure idea is really worth trying or not.

Any thoughts?
Old 21st January 2013, 09:41   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
I have a Jazz Rallaye Red. I mostly drive the car alone and have not had any GC problems even with the ridiculous Bangalore bumpers. However, with family (read 4 adults including driver) in the car, I kiss every bumper on the road (well almost!).

There was a suggestion on one of the Honda City threads about driving at an angle to avoid the bumpers. So far, that has not been able to help me much. Heard through a friend that increasing the tyre pressure to about 35 psi helps. I am keep all the four at 30 psi as suggested and I am not sure if the tyre pressure idea is really worth trying or not.

Any thoughts?
I don't know about the Jazz, but my fiesta used to scrape the road hump when fully loaded. I increased the tyre pressure to the manufacturer recommended and after that I rarely scraped any. Yes, there were a few, but those humps were really huge. So tyre pressure might be the issue here. Why don't you try going to the recommended pressure when fully loaded and observe if there is any difference.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 10:51   #2119
Senior - BHPian

I agree with shiva. 30 psi is too low for 5 people/fully loaded. Recommended for normal is 32 front and 30 rear. I suggest you increase it to at least 32 all around and see. If you are yet scraping, then increase it in stages till 34.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 19:59   #2120
Senior - BHPian

My Battery packed up after 25 months. Started giving issues few months ago and now completely dying on me. Unusual for Honda. Was a SF battery.
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:40   #2121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
My Battery packed up after 25 months. Started giving issues few months ago and now completely dying on me. Unusual for Honda. Was a SF battery.
It is usual for OEM battery, especially SF. I have never had any good experiences with any OEM battery. My battery was also weak to begin with, it seems to just manage.
Old 22nd January 2013, 13:17   #2122
BHPian

Any idea where I can get good quality seat covers for my Jazz. I feel the original seats are bit too hard. I want seat covers that can give some cushioning too (only a little bit of cushioning).
Old 28th January 2013, 17:26   #2123

Quote:
Any idea where I can get good quality seat covers for my Jazz. I feel the original seats are bit too hard. I want seat covers that can give some cushioning too (only a little bit of cushioning).
You can get it from the dealers themselves. Dakshin Honda on Hosur Road had a few options of which I selected the faux leather ones & am very happy with the same. I was also looking for a little bit of cushioning and find these working for me. Check them out for yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-dsc00811.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-dsc00812.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-dsc00813.jpg  

Old 28th January 2013, 17:41   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
Check out seat covers from auto form as well. Really good quality and provide a bit of cushioning as well.
Old 28th January 2013, 18:00   #2125
VMG
BHPian

My friend is very keen to put an arm rest for the front seat for his Jazz.
Is it possible and if yes where to get it in Chennai?

thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 18:59   #2126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXBlore View Post
You can get it from the dealers themselves. Dakshin Honda on Hosur Road had a few options of which I selected the faux leather ones & am very happy with the same. I was also looking for a little bit of cushioning and find these working for me. Check them out for yourself.
Hi JazzXBlore - thanks for the pictures. can you please tell us how much did this cost? and also if there were color choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Check out seat covers from auto form as well. Really good quality and provide a bit of cushioning as well.
Al - if there are pictures that would help.
----
Generally the OEM Seats are good in Honda Jazz. However the beige getting dirty is the issue. The problem with seat cover on the other hand is that if it slacks out then it would give problem in long distance driving.

To put it in perspective - how much would it cost to replace entire seat vs seat cover.
I am happy with the OEM seats and could live with it if its not more than thrice the cost of seats.
Old 28th January 2013, 22:07   #2127
BANNED

The OEM seat covers have a Zip and is removable and washable,so you don't need to replace the entire seat.
I hope honda just sells the existing stock seat covers.
Old 31st January 2013, 10:44   #2128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Hi JazzXBlore - thanks for the pictures. can you please tell us how much did this cost? and also if there were color choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Al - if there are pictures that would help.
----
Name:  ForumRunner_20130131_104133.png
Views: 2418
Size:  549.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130131_104141.png
Views: 2341
Size:  513.3 KB

Here you go. Though they are not easily removable, but they are something that you'd call skin fit. They feel like factory fit seat covers.
Old 31st January 2013, 11:28   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Try Imperial Leathers near IIM Bangalore. Check this link in the forum on Imperial leather, their contact details.

Shivakumar 9448685679
Imperial Inc.
#387, 11th Cross,
Vijaya Bank Layout, Bilekahalli, B.G. Road (Behind IIM Blore)

I had installed seat covers for my Jazz from them. They remove the OEM seat cover and stitch a new one in leather or art leather depending on your choice and install it.
Dont have any pictures of my jazz.

hope this helps
Keyan
Old 31st January 2013, 21:33   #2130
BHPian

Hi Keyan, How much do the Art leather ones cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks