Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2012, 11:09   #2101
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdryeyes View Post
Hey guys. Any idea what the wait period is like in chennai. I am planning on buying a jazz x and read in this thread that the wait period could be something near 3 to 4 months. Also one of my friends cautioned me against going for a jazz as Honda had stopped production. Is that true?
Here in Bangalore, the wait period is 3 months. According to what I learned from the sales guy in the showroom, the production is not stopped but of course reduced. I have also set my eyes on Jazz and will be heartbroken if what you're saying is true
Old 11th December 2012, 16:28   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Here in Bangalore, the wait period is 3 months. According to what I learned from the sales guy in the showroom, the production is not stopped but of course reduced. I have also set my eyes on Jazz and will be heartbroken if what you're saying is true
Jazz production has not stopped,nor is it going to stop in the coming 3-4 years. AFAIK, 2015 is set to see an upgrade on the Jazz.
All of you who are thinking of buying the car,i would suggest you to go and do it as soon as possible. The car is simply amazing. And you will love to have it. Stop worrying about the car getting discontinued because it will still be selling all around the world.
Old 12th December 2012, 15:53   #2103

Thanks smarth and vignesh!

While booking, the dealer said that it would take at least one month, but not more than two months, for my car to arrive. And if I am lucky (i.e. someone cancels booking for same variant/colour which I have chosen), then I might get it earlier also.

However, when I asked them how frequently I should call them to check whether my preferred colour/variant is available, they said that they get (almost) daily updates of which variants/colours are available to them. So I decided to call up daily and check which ones were available each day.

Here are the options which I was told on each progressive day
Day 1 - Urban Titanium Jazz X
Day 2 - Red Jazz X
Day 3 - Same Red Jazz X
Day 4 - Finally Tafetta White Jazz X!

I got the white one 'blocked' for me so that I could proceed with loan/down payment formalities. I confirmed with dealer that this was not a case of a cancelled-booking car being alloted to me. I also checked the VIN number, and it showed the same month as the one in which I had done the booking (Nov-2012).

The previous Jazz sale from that showroom was also done in a relatively short time period - within 15 days from booking. So I guess the waiting time in Pune/Pimpri-Chinchwad is much lesser than other places, and the X variant seems to be available more easily here.
Old 12th December 2012, 20:37   #2104
BHPian

Tushar - white is a good choice for X. And i love the honeycomb grill (black ) against the white than with any other colour ( possibly silver) - better than the X Kit Grille.
The Select Chrome grill IMHO looks best on Urban Titanium followed by Black.

I also dont think that the car will be discontinued. Now that they have 1.6 Diesel, plonking that in Jazz will produce an awesome product. Thinking sometime late 2013 or early 2014 we should see that.
Thought Jazz or City would have been the natural first choice for the diesel engine, but Amaze d.

@AKP and others - have you used Synthetic oil for Jazz and if yes, do you feel it worthwhile to do so. And have your dealer advised on extended drain interval with Syntehtic oil.
Refer to this thread for detailed discussion. However i have not been able to conclude anything yet.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...hetic-oil.html

Last edited by vigneshA : 12th December 2012 at 20:39.
Old 12th December 2012, 22:10   #2105
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
@AKP and others - have you used Synthetic oil for Jazz and if yes, do you feel it worthwhile to do so. And have your dealer advised on extended drain interval with Syntehtic oil.
Refer to this thread for detailed discussion. However i have not been able to conclude anything yet.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...hetic-oil.html
I had started putting synthetic at around 8500 km mark. Since then, changed oil/oil filter after every 9/10 thousand km. The Dealer has been fine with that.

To be honest, it is difficult for me to say if changing to synthetic has made any difference. One thing I can see is, since I am changing oil before crossing 10000 km, it would have been cheaper for me if I had been on mineral and stuck to a 5000km oil change interval. And since the manufacturer themselves recommend staying on mineral and a 5k change interval, I guess you can not go wrong with that.
Old 13th December 2012, 10:12   #2106
@KP
BHPian

I dunno if its an artificial demand creation gimmick or something.... but most of the dealers in Hyd (Green Honda - LB Nagar, Pride Honda - Madhupur) are saying that production has reduced and will in all probability be CLOSED by Apr 2013. Reason -- Honda wants to focus on building the diesel variant and get it to hit the market by early 2014.

Green Honda is not willing to commit to a delivery atleast in the next month on XMT variant

Pride Honda has 2 cars available XMT - UTand RR.... Both actually booked by someone else in Rajahmundy (Elite Honda -- their sister concern over there) but delaying the delivery. I checked the VIN for UT... its Oct 2012... Perhaps I should go for it... it has just done 8 kms on the odo...
Old 23rd December 2012, 23:16   #2107
BHPian

The new Chevrolet Sail UVA seems to have borrowed quite a bit from the Jazz, or Honda I should say. Fuel tank up front, flat loading rear seats etc. Also, they have a pretty nice diesel engine to boot! Apart from it, the looks and interiors are plain jane which is where the Jazz' overall package comes into play. And the sooner Honda give it the 1.5 idtec the better. Its only a matter of time now.
Old 31st December 2012, 16:26   #2108
BHPian

Hello Jazz owners!
I recently had a small mishap and the black plastic mesh on the rear bumper came off.
I was wondering if anyone has replaced the mesh with rear bumper reflectors like these -
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...715016557.html

Also, any Pune owners who have any idea if these reflectors can be locally sourced? I have seen such reflectors on most premium SUV's and sedans and it really looks awesome at nights.
Old 31st December 2012, 21:55   #2109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
Hello Jazz owners!
I recently had a small mishap and the black plastic mesh on the rear bumper came off.
I was wondering if anyone has replaced the mesh with rear bumper reflectors like these -
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...715016557.html

Also, any Pune owners who have any idea if these reflectors can be locally sourced? I have seen such reflectors on most premium SUV's and sedans and it really looks awesome at nights.
I believe that reflector will sit upon the black mesh.The one listed in ali express is a reflector with LED light,where as the ones you see in vehicles in india are just a reflector.It may be available in India, i have bought stuff from ali-express and it usually reaches me in around 9 to 15 days ,with no custom duties.
Old 5th January 2013, 22:06   #2110
BHPian

Hi guys. I took a test drive of the Jazz today from Whitefield Honda and came back disappointed. The ride was a very short one (say 4 kms) during I encountered 2 speed bumps which thrashed the Jazz's bottom. My heart was in my mouth for a moment and I was shell shocked considering the car had only 4 people in it. I then took a test drive of the City in the same route and the bottom did not hit. Not sure if 5mm makes a lot of difference. The Jazz I drove was a pre-facelift model. Question to all new Jazz owners, does the bottom hit badly on every possible speed bump? Anyone looking for a price in Bangalore for Jazz, it is 7.5L for the base version, 7.8L for select and 8.15L for the X version. The SA told me there are no discounts on the Jazz and the base variant comes only in white and silver colours (strange but could be the current stocks they have). The City CE/ E MT on the other hand looks exciting at a few thousands more (with good discounts). Another note, the rates are going up 8k to 10k 7th Jan onwards.

My verdict on the Honda Jazz is a spacious car with a poor clearance.

Cheers
Old 5th January 2013, 23:08   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Did you cross the bumps at similar speeds ? I am guessing you might have driven faster in the Jazz which could also result in the bottoming
Old 5th January 2013, 23:27   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
My verdict on the Honda Jazz is a spacious car with a poor clearance.
Well, I have read various comments on the same. But, I for myself, have scraped only 2 times so far, one with 5 people(3 of 'em were huge ) and once with 3people. The second time, it was because, we didn't saw the bump.

I have heard from a few guys in Blore that they usually scrape the bottom and some of 'em have added coil springs, which will solve the issue to an extent. The prices at Blore seems high indeed. When we took the X, it was 7.1L on-road.

If you don't mind the boot of City, i suggest you opt for the City. If you want a petrol hatch, then Jazz is a good option. The City has a better motor under the hood and you can mod the EMT as per your wish. But, you could even wait for a few more months and take the Amaze diesel for that kinda money. The current gen City is nearing its end and the next gen City will be out next year. So, choose wisely. I strongly suggest waiting for Amaze, if you want a sedan ; else Jazz it is.
Old 6th January 2013, 00:09   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Did you cross the bumps at similar speeds ? I am guessing you might have driven faster in the Jazz which could also result in the bottoming
Hi athims,

The speed was more or less the same. The City felt a little stiffer though. Will definitely take one more round of test drives to confirm this. I have passed this same bump in the Getz without trouble so was surprised when the Jazz hit it considering both cars are softly sprung and have the same ground clearance of 160mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post

Well, I have read various comments on the same. But, I for myself, have scraped only 2 times so far, one with 5 people(3 of 'em were huge ) and once with 3people. The second time, it was because, we didn't saw the bump.

I have heard from a few guys in Blore that they usually scrape the bottom and some of 'em have added coil springs, which will solve the issue to an extent. The prices at Blore seems high indeed. When we took the X, it was 7.1L on-road.

If you don't mind the boot of City, i suggest you opt for the City. If you want a petrol hatch, then Jazz is a good option. The City has a better motor under the hood and you can mod the EMT as per your wish. But, you could even wait for a few more months and take the Amaze diesel for that kinda money. The current gen City is nearing its end and the next gen City will be out next year. So, choose wisely. I strongly suggest waiting for Amaze, if you want a sedan ; else Jazz it is.
Yeah. Rightly said akhil. Jazz has become expensive now. Interesting to hear about the coil springs fix. Can you share more info on that. Bangalore has some nasty bumps. I have the Amaze in mind but also skeptical as to how it would turn out to be considering its Honda' s first venture into diesel territory. City's dimensions are a bit of a worry though considering my parking at home. Dad is very impressed with Jazz's practicality but the GC turned him down.
Old 6th January 2013, 00:28   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
I have passed this same bump in the Getz without trouble so was surprised when the Jazz hit it considering both cars are softly sprung and have the same ground clearance of 160mm.
Well, its not just with the GC. Its more to do with the combination of GC+Wheelbase. Fabia has a GC of 158/156mm. But,it has a smaller wheelbase i guess. Getz too has a smaller wheelbase. Jazz has a longer wheelbase among hatches at 2500mm.

Quote:
Interesting to hear about the coil springs fix. Can you share more info on that. Bangalore has some nasty bumps.
Will PM you with a fb link soon. In the mean time, these are very helpful :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ension-19.html

Quote:
I have the Amaze in mind but also skeptical as to how it would turn out to be considering its Honda' s first venture into diesel territory.
I don't think you need to worry as such, as many does. Anyways, if your running's demand only a petrol variant, Jazz/City will do. But problem with City is, the all new model will come in a year's time.That said, the current design looks good and contemporary.

Quote:
City's dimensions are a bit of a worry though considering my parking at home. Dad is very impressed with Jazz's practicality but the GC turned him down.
Our parking space demanded a hatch and hence we couldn't look into City even though there were lots of offers on stock clearance, when the facelift came in. I suggest you take a long TD along the roads you will be traveling daily and then finalize.

Edit: PM sent.

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 6th January 2013 at 00:37.
Old 6th January 2013, 00:35   #2115
BANNED

Do note that while the Honda City has a 5mm clearance advantage, its wheelbase is 2 inches longer and when the length of the wheelbase increases the chances of scrapping increases .Take for example the Honda Civic which has a 5mm more clearance then the Honda City, its still scrapes very easily due to the fact that its wheelbase is even longer and it also has a softer suspension.Every wondered why for extreme off-roading they prefer 4x4 with a really short wheel base.

The Jazz also in my view has a stiffer suspension,compared to the city.I test drove both and i was never able to scrap the city and jazz with the normal speed i approach the road hump.

But when i test drove the new punto in Aadya Motors ,i was hearing some sound each time i went over a hump ,when i asked about the noise the sales representative said that the car had been damaged by a previous test drive customer who had scrapped it very badly and it had not been fixed yet.So that shows us that you can bottom out even with a car like new punto (which has the highest ground clearance of any hatchback),more so if you are specifically test driving above average speeds to check the clearance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks