Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2012, 19:05   #2071
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
That's way too short, my Santro Xing's clutch is yet to be changed (~ 70k kms, that too in Delhi)... it only little bit harder lately as compared to newer Santro's. Not sure what's incorrect in your case.
In both cases, the clutch is/was still good. No issues as per service guys. For Jazz, after the bleed, it is way better. I somehow feel different. Maybe I am a very sensitive driver.
Old 18th October 2012, 22:15   #2072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
In both cases, the clutch is/was still good. No issues as per service guys. For Jazz, after the bleed, it is way better. I somehow feel different. Maybe I am a very sensitive driver.
I got the bleeding done after my 2nd service, and the clutch felt much better! Till then, I was not feeling the smoothness that I loved so much in my previous Honda City ZX Vtec!
Old 25th October 2012, 14:08   #2073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos View Post
I have checked the 3D kagu mats for the Jazz here in Bangalore. Beware, the 3D maxspider mats sold in bangalore will not fit the Jazz as they are for the 2001 - 2008 make Jazz. You can check this on the label which is on the mat itself. I am attaching the catalog for the 3D mats, check the difference in the shape of the mats. The one in the bottom left in the picture is the one sold in Bangalore which is for the 2001 - 2008 make Jazz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
Just checking on this again. Is there a major difference between the two (2001 -08) & later ?. Was searching in many places in chennai, but they all say, the 2001-08 is the only thing they get imported ?. Googled as well - don't see much information on later version of 3D Kagu Mats. Do not want to rush & get the older version - if there is a new one available !
As of now, all dealers seem to be selling only the 2001-08 version. At first glance, this does not appear to be a bad fit in the current jazz, but not perfect either. Any feedback from members who have used actually tried this out and used it for some time?
satyaanveshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 17:37   #2074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post
.... Any feedback from members who have used actually tried this out and used it for some time?
now, got this one for over a month now. It is indeed very nice. Yes - as you said, its not perfect match - but serve the purpose.

I paid 4900/- in Jeewaji(Anna Nagar), think - its bit expensive, but was desparate - considering the monsoon !. Thankfully, am saved
gjiyap1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 10:20   #2075
BHPian

Does anyone here know if Honda intends to launch the Jazz Autobox ? I read somewhere that the Brio Auto launch is an indicator of the imminent launch of the Jazz Auto - since the engines are mostly similar
Old 26th October 2012, 11:59   #2076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
now, got this one for over a month now. It is indeed very nice. Yes - as you said, its not perfect match - but serve the purpose.
Thanks, gjiyap1. Have you had any problems in terms of the mat fouling with the accelerator/clutch? I don't think there is any risk of the accelerator/clutch getting stuck, but am not sure if the mat would prevent the accelerator/clutch from being fully depressed.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:52   #2077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay9252 View Post
Does anyone here know if Honda intends to launch the Jazz Autobox ? I read somewhere that the Brio Auto launch is an indicator of the imminent launch of the Jazz Auto - since the engines are mostly similar
Nope. No intention for Honda to launch Jazz AT. I'm a newbie here but I have a April '12 Jazz XMT. If Honda launches Jazz AT, prices will go up to 8L+ bracket. i20 AT is also 8L+ product. Before Brio AT, our market had only 3AT , i20, A-star and i10. Of these, most of the customers wanted a premium feel like that of i20 in a under 6.5-7 L car. So, Brio was the perfect option for it. If Honda launches Jazz, then it will again be a flop and sells very marginally. So, no plans as such.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 10:51   #2078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay9252 View Post
Very unlikely in the current generation Jazz. First of all, I doubt if Honda has launched a Jazz AT with the 1.2 i-VTEC anywhere in the world. All the AT versions seem to have either the 1.3l or the 1.5l engines, the latter being the one in the Honda City. If the engine displacement goes up, then the higher excise bracket kicks in and the ex-showroom price itself will have to be 8 lakh or thereabouts. At that price, the market may be too small.

Things could change in a couple of years as the market evolves. An AT is more likely with the next generation Jazz, say in 2014 or 2015.
satyaanveshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2012, 21:34   #2079
BHPian

I was shocked to hear about the Civic being discontinued. Is there any chance the Jazz will suffer a similar fate soon? Any rumors which the janta has heard?

I'm keen on picking up a Jazz, and I'm a bit worried now about future support from Honda. As it is, Jazz is being given least importance by Honda. I don't want to be holding on to an expensive to maintain white elephant.
Old 29th October 2012, 00:35   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I was shocked to hear about the Civic being discontinued. Is there any chance the Jazz will suffer a similar fate soon? Any rumors which the janta has heard?
well, there were rumors about the same couple of months back in March. But, Honda's official Facebook page announced that they have no intention of stopping Jazz. But, that said, with the brio sedan coming up, still we cant deny a possibility as such. But, still I believe Honda will continue the Jazz because they have announced that the same 1.5L diesel motor will be powering the Jazz in the future. Further, a diesel Jazz will be perfect for the competition in the premium hatch segment. So, looking in this sense, they wont stop Jazz.
Old 29th October 2012, 11:01   #2081
BHPian

Just dropped the jazz at Honda for installation of x-kit (finally) almost 3 months after buying the car
Old 29th October 2012, 11:51   #2082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I'm keen on picking up a Jazz, and I'm a bit worried now about future support from Honda. As it is, Jazz is being given least importance by Honda. I don't want to be holding on to an expensive to maintain white elephant.
It really depends on what your other choices are. There could be other white elephants in disguise bigger than a discontinued Honda. In fact a Jazz should be the least of our worries as it is sold elsewhere in the world too. So parts would be available, even if we may have to buy them online and get it shipped here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Just dropped the jazz at Honda for installation of x-kit (finally) almost 3 months after buying the car
Wow, did they keep you informed or you had to run after them? Please keep us updated on your dealership experience.

Last edited by selfdrive : 29th October 2012 at 11:52.
Old 29th October 2012, 12:46   #2083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive
Wow, did they keep you informed or you had to run after them? Please keep us updated on your dealership experience.
We had to keep following up.. no information from the dealer.... Finally this week when we sent an email to Honda as well as deccan Honda the SR called from deccan to inform that the x-kit has arrived (this was not the first mail/intimation regarding the x-kit)
Old 30th October 2012, 16:31   #2084
BHPian

I read somewhere that the X-kit can be obtained after-market as well. Has anyone got a clue where I can get the spoiler in Mumbai?
Old 30th October 2012, 19:02   #2085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I read somewhere that the X-kit can be obtained after-market as well. Has anyone got a clue where I can get the spoiler in Mumbai?
I doubt if it will be available after market . But, you an fix a very good after market spoiler. First face-lifted jazz of my city, a UT X, has an aftermarket spoiler. It looks very good, much better than the X kit one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks