Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 13:08   #2011
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Took delivery of an Urban Titanium Jazz X from Dakshin Honda on the 30th. Not done much travelling yet. But boy am I in love with the car!

Can you plssss put up pictures.. is it the X version. Im dying to see that as im in a fix of the colour that i would be getting eitehr silver,UT or white..Unfortunately no showroom has cars available for display.
Old 4th September 2012, 00:00   #2012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
Quick question to Jazz owners, does the fuel gauge turn red or amber when in reserve (6litres)? Can one suspect a faulty fuel gauge if it's stuck in amber, even after fuelling 15 litres? Range shows 0; indicator reads almost empty.
Exact same issue. Range showed 60 on our 3 day old Jazz. Filled fuel for 500 which comes to around 6.59 liters of petrol here in Bangalore. But fuel gauge didn't move even a millimeter and the range just keeps decreasing as we keep driving around. My brother saw them filling fuel but is now bewildered. Can it be the same issue? Because the symptoms seem the exact same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Can you plssss put up pictures.. is it the X version. Im dying to see that as im in a fix of the colour that i would be getting eitehr silver,UT or white..Unfortunately no showroom has cars available for display.
Initial ownership thread coming soon!
Old 4th September 2012, 11:54   #2013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
Thanks for the information buddy. Many people I knowhave been considering buying a Jazz and I must say they have taking a liking to my car

Is this the Bafna yard or the Crystal yard?

A bit OT, but any idea why Honda is going the Ford way? We will give you a quick delivery of the Jazz only so long as it is white?

This is Bafna yard (Deccan Honda) located in Wagholi.
Old 4th September 2012, 12:36   #2014
BHPian

As Ninja has already informed the group, we got our car delivery on 29th Nov. Deccan Honda also celebrated my kid's second birthday by cutting a cake. Nice touch, I would say.

It's a beauty - the Jazz. Somehow, white color makes the car look longer

With the plastic on, it had started becoming uncomfortable sitting on those seats. Also, my kid's shoes were touching the seats exactly at the spot where plastic was missing. Hence, we decided to go for seat cover, floor lamination and film for front windshield.

The guy gave me a quotation of 14,100 for all the three. Seat cover (Autoform) 6300, Film (Lumar) 4200 and floor lamination 3600. I did look for information on this website beside getting the quotation from one or two shops in Aundh area and Reliance Mart. We found his quote to be competitive and his assurance of being available for any follow up quite reassuring.

Hence, 3-4 hrs of this sunday were spent in my parking area trying to see that they don't get away with a half-finished job. As the work started around 4 in the evening and continued till 8 in the night, we were literally looking for faults with our torch.

Lesson to learn: Get this done during the day. I did pay heed to Team-BHP advice of yard checking and taking the delivery during broad daylight but could not extend it for this task

So, the beauty is dressed too

Pictures to follow.

Last edited by bblost : 5th September 2012 at 14:13. Reason: Please refer forum rules. No more than 2 smileys per post. Thanks.
Old 4th September 2012, 14:54   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
A

The guy gave me a quotation of 14,100 for all the three. Seat cover (Autoform) 6300, Film (Lumar) 4200 and floor lamination 3600. I did look for information on this website beside getting the quotation from one or two shops in Aundh area and Reliance Mart. We found his quote to be competitive and his assurance of being available for any follow up quite reassuring.
Abhi, please do put up the pictures fast! I am scheduled to take delivery this Saturday, and have been grappling with seat cover colour options which would go well with the beige interiors. On the sun films, I hope they are "RTO approved", so to speak?

Thanks,
Rahul
Old 5th September 2012, 13:33   #2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
When the fuel indicator is at a low position, and if you add 5 litres of Petrol then, the fuel indicator would remain at the same point. But if you add 10 litres instead of 5 litres, then the fuel indicator will work correctly. This is how the fuel indicator in Honda Jazz works.
Quote:
Exact same issue. Range showed 60 on our 3 day old Jazz. Filled fuel for 500 which comes to around 6.59 liters of petrol here in Bangalore. But fuel gauge didn't move even a millimeter and the range just keeps decreasing as we keep driving around. My brother saw them filling fuel but is now bewildered. Can it be the same issue? Because the symptoms seem the exact same.

I had the same issue and upon checking with Magnum Honda service personnel in Blore, was given to know that a minimum of 8L is needed to activate the fuel guage, (same doesnt hold true when the fuel is receding from high to low - it behaves well then)
Old 5th September 2012, 14:06   #2017
BHPian

Uploading just 2 photos as of now. The seat cover photos will come shortly. Waiting for a clear day in Pune

My kid laying first claim. It was his birthday that day

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-jazz-delivery1.jpg

Another one:

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-jazz-delivery2.jpg
abhi8195 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 14:15   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkurup View Post
Abhi, please do put up the pictures fast! I am scheduled to take delivery this Saturday, and have been grappling with seat cover colour options which would go well with the beige interiors. On the sun films, I hope they are "RTO approved", so to speak?

Thanks,
Rahul
We went for black seat cover for two reasons: to match with black dashboard and easy to maintain. Mainly for the 2nd reason.

The Llumar sun film has 70% VLT. I hope that is what RTO approved means in Pune. Ninja, the fellow BHPian advised not to worry with Pune Traffic cops as they're really short of man power. So, counting on that too
Old 5th September 2012, 14:22   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
We went for black seat cover for two reasons: to match with black dashboard and easy to maintain. Mainly for the 2nd reason.

The Llumar sun film has 70% VLT. I hope that is what RTO approved means in Pune. Ninja, the fellow BHPian advised not to worry with Pune Traffic cops as they're really short of man power. So, counting on that too
Thank you, Abhi. Even I am inclined to go ahead with a darker shade for the seat cover. 70% + VLT has been suggested by another fellow bhpian too. Your Jazz in White looks smashing, makes me wonder if I should have gone for White too
Old 7th September 2012, 17:15   #2020
BHPian

Quote:

Ok, a couple of things we've identified.
First, the fuel warning is one colour (amber) only; contrary to what the salesperson said (amber, then red, then _ _ _ _ _).
Secondly, instead of filling only 500/- or so at a time (I filled 1000/- on two separate occasions), fuel in for about 2000/-. You should see an immediate change. The fuel gauge will likely rocket above the mid mark and the range will appear appropriate, too.
The fuel gauge is fine, but just why it behaves in this manner, is not clear. Maybe the float in the fuel sensing unit needs a positive pressure on it from the fuel in the tank.

Before I forget, congrats on your acquisition! A Good choice
Old 7th September 2012, 17:47   #2021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas View Post
I had the same issue and upon checking with Magnum Honda service personnel in Blore, was given to know that a minimum of 8L is needed to activate the fuel guage, (same doesnt hold true when the fuel is receding from high to low - it behaves well then)
Yup. Noticed that myself. Filled for 1000 and the gauge moved up towards the half way mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
The fuel gauge is fine, but just why it behaves in this manner, is not clear. Maybe the float in the fuel sensing unit needs a positive pressure on it from the fuel in the tank.

Before I forget, congrats on your acquisition! A Good choice
Bingo! And thanks, great minds think alike!
Old 7th September 2012, 23:33   #2022

Honda Jazz : New Estimated Delivery Time?

Hey y'all. Cheers to all the Jazz Musicians creating music out there! [crowd cheering & applauding].

I'm Jeetu, would like to be called JazzyG2 in the future if I book my Jazz soon and get it any sooner! I'm not sure if I should be posting my query in the middle of all the after-sales, post-ownership action here. Please redirect me if I'm in the wrong place.

Anyway enough of that. I've always wanted to own a Jazz ever since it came out and finally made up my mind to book one (after checking in my bank account, of course!). I know most everybody's gone through the pains of book, pay, wait and watch drill for the Jazz, but what's the latest estimated delivery time of a Jazz? I want to buy the Select UT or Silver. The guys at the showroom confused the heck outta me by showing me City, Brio & what-not except Jazz. This after telling them a 1000 times that I don't intend to buy anything else other than the Jazz? What next, wrestle them?

Anybody here who booked the car or got the inside news most recently?

Pleeeeeeeeease help me with any information you know and how to go about this.
Old 8th September 2012, 13:28   #2023
Distinguished - BHPian

Test drove the Jazz as part of our long running effort to replace our Getz. (Now we have covered the Vento TDi, Vento AT, City AT, City MT and Jazz).

The car is amazingly spacious - rear seat leg room was as good as the City, better than the Vento and much better than the Verna. Rear seat width is a bit limited though. My 5 year old son was amazed by the flexi seats and wants us to buy this car for those seats alone. Even the question about where he would sit with the seats folded up got the prompt reply that we can fold one of the seats and he can sit on the other one.

It was very easy to get a good steering position. The car was good to drive while pottering around in city traffic but felt a trifle under powered while accelerating up the ramp of a flyover. Stability was good - much better than I expected given its tall boyish looks. The only real issue was that the gear shift felt a bit notchy and un Honda like, especially while downshifting from 3rd to 2nd. Would appreciate if someone could confirm if this is really the case.

After driving both this and the City, I really feel the Jazz is much better value for money - wish it came with the 1.5 iVtec though.
Old 8th September 2012, 14:09   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Test drove the Jazz as part of our long running effort to replace our Getz. (Now we have covered the Vento TDi, Vento AT, City AT, City MT and Jazz).

The car is amazingly spacious - rear seat leg room was as good as the City, better than the Vento and much better than the Verna. Rear seat width is a bit limited though. My 5 year old son was amazed by the flexi seats and wants us to buy this car for those seats alone. Even the question about where he would sit with the seats folded up got the prompt reply that we can fold one of the seats and he can sit on the other one.

It was very easy to get a good steering position. The car was good to drive while pottering around in city traffic but felt a trifle under powered while accelerating up the ramp of a flyover. Stability was good - much better than I expected given its tall boyish looks. The only real issue was that the gear shift felt a bit notchy and un Honda like, especially while downshifting from 3rd to 2nd. Would appreciate if someone could confirm if this is really the case.

After driving both this and the City, I really feel the Jazz is much better value for money - wish it came with the 1.5 iVtec though.
Hi,
Have been a proud owner for the last 9 months or so.
The car does feel underpowered, but high acceleration in 2nd gear is the trick.
I havent had any issues on a downshift from 3rd to 2nd yet.
Old 8th September 2012, 14:30   #2025
BHPian

Jazz , IMO , is the best petrol premium hatch in the market right now. The 1.5iVtech engine option would certainly make it even better, but without the volumes, it doesnt make sense for Honda to make it.

Agreed that VW and Fabia are offering a 1.6 option, but that certainly didnt bring them the numbers.

Most Viewed