Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2012, 16:09   #1981
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
My android phone works just fine in the Jazz. In fact I have two storages and both work. I do have to select MTP or disk drive mode. Try a switch off/on to force a media re-scan and then try again.
Hi sandeep108. I still can't get it to work. Please check your message box. I have sent you a PM. Thanks.
Old 28th August 2012, 12:00   #1982
BHPian

The delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Its also my kid's birthday tomorrow
abhi8195 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 17:44   #1983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth View Post
Spoke to ring road Honda Gurgaon for jazz x. SE informed that waiting of minimum one month to two months. Got a call today from another SE who informed that jazz x waiting is two to three months. However, Jazz select in tafeta white, rallaye red available in a week. On my last visit to the dealership, a tafeta white select was being delivered to a lucky customer and the SE gladly informed that the same was delivered in a week.
The dealership is clearly pushing the sales of select model only. I won't mind going for the select model also but worried of whether the same are lying in stock for quite some time.
Please help if I should go for the taffeta white select model and save thirty odd thousand or push for the xmt.
i am in same dilemma.. you ahve roghtly said that Sales guys ar e trying to push select models.. maybe they have excess stocks..

So far the only turn off to the select model is the Chrome grilles.. ( ugh)..and the beige interiors... ( not sure if spending 30K extra seems to be worth it .. as i can get diff seat covers and not sure if u can cahnge the chrome grills )....
X version also has different alloys i think.. I dont seem to be able to find any showrooms who have both the models on display to make a quick A/B comparison.
Old 29th August 2012, 10:25   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
i am in same dilemma.. you ahve roghtly said that

So far the only turn off to the select model is the Chrome grilles.. ( ugh)..and the beige interiors... ( not sure if spending 30K extra seems to be worth it .. as i can get diff seat covers and not sure if u can cahnge the chrome grills )....
X version also has different alloys i think.. I dont seem to be able to find any showrooms who have both the models on display to make a quick A/B comparison.
The beige in the Select is a dust magnet, and is also not really as good-looking as it appears in the brochures. The X's blue interiors actually look classy, way better than what the pictures in the brochure suggest. The additional features in the X (apart from the optional X-kit) are the fog lamps, electrically retractable ORVMs and driver's seat height adjustment. These may not seem worth the additional 30K, but are actually usable on a daily basis.

I routinely drive with fog lamps on, even when there is no rain/fog, as they significantly improve short-range illumination, especially when it comes to low-speed driving on interior roads that are not well-lit or have a fair number of bumps and potholes. The retractable ORVMs are very useful on our clogged city roads, and though I don't really need to raise my seat height, it is still useful to do so as it gives a high driving position, almost like that of a tall-boy car.

Even so, I have to admit that these are not necessary features, merely nice-to-have ones. Whether they are worth the additional 30K - you decide
Old 29th August 2012, 10:55   #1985
Senior - BHPian

@sk456: Just see the brochures for the comparison. The dealers would have some cancellations and therefore stock of some cars which they try and move to another customer. But X is in short supply for sure. A friend is trying since more than a month, but with no success. 2-3 months seems waiting for X.

@Animesh: Sorry, my bad. My S2 does not work, but basic old LG-500 works.

I think the problem is that the S2 and HTC have 2 media storages and the Jazz is unable to handle this. The LG has only 1 media card and therefore it picks it up.

I suggest you unmount the SD card in your HTC and try again. I in any case prefer to simply use a Rs. 500/- usb stick rather than try and mess with the phone. Or if you must use your phone, simply buy a stereo mini male/male cable and use the phones player headphone out to the Jazz's aux in.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 29th August 2012 at 10:59.
Old 29th August 2012, 11:28   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
Your kid deserves the first ride then
Good luck Don't forget to do a second PDI at the dealer.

Quick question to Jazz owners, does the fuel gauge turn red or amber when in reserve (6litres)? Can one suspect a faulty fuel gauge if it's stuck in amber, even after fuelling 15 litres? Range shows 0; indicator reads almost empty.

Last edited by CowlFlap : 29th August 2012 at 11:29.
Old 29th August 2012, 12:47   #1987
BHPian

Quote:
i am in same dilemma.. you ahve roghtly said that Sales guys ar e trying to push select models.. maybe they have excess stocks..

I would suggest that put in those extra 30k for the X model. The blue-black interiors indeed look very classy, and as an added benefit do not get soiled easily.

The other "perks" of the X model - Fog lamps, Driver seat height adjustment, and Electric ORVM's are definitely in good-to-have category. You will not rue missing out on those, at the same time they provide that extra "premium" feel which you want from a relatively expensive car like Jazz.
Old 29th August 2012, 12:53   #1988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post
The beige in the Select is a dust magnet, and is also not really as good-looking as it appears in the brochures. The X's blue interiors actually look classy, way better than what the pictures in the brochure suggest. The additional features in the X (apart from the optional X-kit) are the fog lamps, electrically retractable ORVMs and driver's seat height adjustment. These may not seem worth the additional 30K, but are actually usable on a daily basis.

I routinely drive with fog lamps on, even when there is no rain/fog, as they significantly improve short-range illumination, especially when it comes to low-speed driving on interior roads that are not well-lit or have a fair number of bumps and potholes. The retractable ORVMs are very useful on our clogged city roads, and though I don't really need to raise my seat height, it is still useful to do so as it gives a high driving position, almost like that of a tall-boy car.

Even so, I have to admit that these are not necessary features, merely nice-to-have ones. Whether they are worth the additional 30K - you decide
the X kit. is it included within the 30K extra or do we need to pay extra for it.. If we dont take it.. does it get reduced from the price?
Old 29th August 2012, 12:54   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I would suggest that put in those extra 30k for the X model. The blue-black interiors indeed look very classy, and as an added benefit do not get soiled easily.

The other "perks" of the X model - Fog lamps, Driver seat height adjustment, and Electric ORVM's are definitely in good-to-have category. You will not rue missing out on those, at the same time they provide that extra "premium" feel which you want from a relatively expensive car like Jazz.
I would agree with this. The fog lamps is good to have esp in smallish roads with lots of pot holes as it gives a wide lighting and the electirc OVRM's is better in the same scenario as well because its a pain in the ** to have to open the window everytime to close the mirrors or adjust them in case of smallish roads and car comes on the other side.

Driver seat adjustment is just convenience and i havent used it till now! The other two are used extensively by me and its very useful to have them both

Quote:
the X kit. is it included within the 30K extra or do we need to pay extra for it.. If we dont take it.. does it get reduced from the price?
It is included. It depends on dealer i guess to decide whether he wants to include it or not.

Last edited by shadows123 : 29th August 2012 at 12:57.
Old 29th August 2012, 12:56   #1990
BHPian

Damn!!.. X it is...
Old 29th August 2012, 14:00   #1991
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Damn!!.. X it is...
Believe me you wont regret paying the extra 30K atleast for the sake of the interiors..The dark Blue interior looks stunning plus you dont have to worry about beige getting dirty, which it will!
Old 29th August 2012, 15:24   #1992

Hi

I too had the same feeling that sales is trying to push select model. I had by Jazz X delivered in June.

With X you get sports type alloys ( slight grey in colour rather than silver) , motorized folding of external rear view mirror , fog lamps, height adjustable driver seats. Rest is the same as select.

If these suite your requirements go for X ( price difference was about 20 K between select and X when i booked in march.

Last year i believe the X had spolier and reverse sensor as standard fitting. Both are not present now.

Quote:

regards
Sibi
Old 29th August 2012, 15:37   #1993

Hi

Has anyone faced issues with locking the door? I own a month old jazz x , about 2 weeks ago my father got out from the rear seat and tried closing the door but the door would not close and it felt like the door lock had got stuck in locked position.

The problem got resolved when I pulled the interior door open lever to its maximum and then closed the door. The same problem manifested itself on the front left hand door day before and got resolved in the same way.

Has anyone experienced this issue? I have my 2nd service due in a couple of days and needed to know if there is more to this?

Alo has anyone found a way to autolock the door when car reaches a cutoff speed? ( I have read in this thread that the factory fitted key less entry does not support this? any other options?

Thanks and Regards
Sibi
Old 29th August 2012, 16:33   #1994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
happy birthday to both! whats the update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
Quick question to Jazz owners, does the fuel gauge turn red or amber when in reserve (6litres)? Can one suspect a faulty fuel gauge if it's stuck in amber, even after fuelling 15 litres? Range shows 0; indicator reads almost empty.
not sure about the colour thing but I have faced that stuck fuel gauge issue twice. Almost had an argument with the pump attendant, but then realised it was ok. Need to figure out what the issue is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibijv View Post
Alo has anyone found a way to autolock the door when car reaches a cutoff speed? ( I have read in this thread that the factory fitted key less entry does not support this? any other options?
no issues with door locking, maybe it is the levers. as for auto door locking, we dont have a solution yet.
mine is 3 years old, so no keyless entry etc. I dont think thats the reason.
Old 29th August 2012, 17:37   #1995
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need some help here from the jazz boys:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2886539

Saw a used Jazz up for sale, and am wondering what my best offer should be?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks