Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2012, 10:37   #1936
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Thank you shadows123. I guess then I am stuck with my dealer till his earlier committed date, since any cancellation prior to that invokes a 2% of ex-showroom price (approx. 12,000 /-) charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
The complaint is for getting the X-kit delivered, not the vehicle per se... although with the innumerous inventories available, you could've easily picked a showroom which makes the fastest delivery!! Dont think the complaint about delivery will get you anywhere though. All they will tell is they are doing the best they can i guess! You can try telling your dealer that you want to cancel the booking since its taking a lot of time and he might get you one asap that might work!!
Old 15th August 2012, 12:46   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkurup View Post
Thank you shadows123. I guess then I am stuck with my dealer till his earlier committed date, since any cancellation prior to that invokes a 2% of ex-showroom price (approx. 12,000 /-) charge
Canceling the booking is always an option. Deccan Honda promises full money refund. Such is the apathy

And if you're stuck with Honda Jazz in terms of choice, there is not much you can do in terms of shifting from one dealer to another. Its the general response across dealers.

By the way, there has not been any reply to my complaint from Honda side
Old 15th August 2012, 16:41   #1938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
I was actually ready to buy the car without X kit by paying 8k less, but the dealer said it is mandatory. So, why isn't the delivery of X kit mandatory?
It isn't mandatory to pay for the kit (8k) when you buy Jazz X. The salesperson is just lying. I bought the car last month and had told the SM that I don't want the kit, and they were totally fine with it.
Old 16th August 2012, 12:44   #1939
BHPian

Quote:
@abhi8195, please let me know if registering the complaint worked. I am facing a similar predicament. Made a booking amount of Rs 50,000/- on July 23rd. As of now, dealer is sticking to his word of delivery by September 10th. Though his, "I'll get to know for sure only by end-August" statements make me a bit apprehensive. As of now, I am not escalating it; planning to wait till end of this month.
In a surprise turn of events, I received a call from my sales manager a short while back saying that my car has been allotted, that the car is in their warehouse, and that I need to make my balance payments in the next few days before the loan amounts can be released. Needless to say, the initial euphoria has given way to a scramble to arrange finances, as I was expecting a September delivery

Strangely, he won't allow me to do insurance on my own, saying it is Honda policy, that Honda Assure has inherent advantages wherein one does not have to wait for a surveyor to estimate the amount of damages, etc. Don't know how much of this is true - any advise on this would be highly appreciated

Thanks,
Rahul
Old 16th August 2012, 13:58   #1940
Senior - BHPian

Honda Assure does have some advantages over a normal policy. I remember lower depreciation rates, gas being allowed, etc. Ask them for a tabular comparison and then decide.
Old 16th August 2012, 14:08   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
It isn't mandatory to pay for the kit (8k) when you buy Jazz X. The salesperson is just lying. I bought the car last month and had told the SM that I don't want the kit, and they were totally fine with it.
I talked to the dealer today. He told me if he cannot give me the X-kit by month end, he said i can apply for reimbursement and that it would be given to me .
Old 16th August 2012, 15:20   #1942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Strangely, he won't allow me to do insurance on my own, saying it is Honda policy, that Honda Assure has inherent advantages wherein one does not have to wait for a surveyor to estimate the amount of damages, etc.
If it is policy, it should be written.
If it is written, it should be shown
Ask him to show you the 'policy'. As far as I know, you can take a policy with whosover you choose. This goes against the monopoly practices act which is being taken seriously these days.
Just try to compare premium rates and then decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Honda Assure does have some advantages over a normal policy. I remember lower depreciation rates, gas being allowed, etc. Ask them for a tabular comparison and then decide.
Honda A.S.S rates are much higher than the rest of the market. But if you intend to get it repaired at their place, its a more convenient option. Again, it isnt as if other insurers take time to survey, may be a day or two at the most. Its just that they haggle more, which is not convenient for the service centre.
Old 16th August 2012, 15:43   #1943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
If it is policy, it should be written.
If it is written, it should be shown
Ask him to show you the 'policy'. As far as I know, you can take a policy with whosover you choose. This goes against the monopoly practices act which is being taken seriously these days.
Just try to compare premium rates and then decide.
Thank you selfdrive; will do that. By the way, can you please tell me where can one locate the VIN for the Jazz? Planning to go the dealer's stockyard in Panvel for preregistration inspection this Saturday.

Thanks,
Rahul
Old 16th August 2012, 16:26   #1944
BHPian

Finally got VIN only after paying my share. Its July 2012 make. We're going to have a look at the car to the stockyard. In addition to having a print out of PDI checklist ready, I'm also being accompanied by a friend who knows more about cars than I do
Old 16th August 2012, 18:20   #1945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you selfdrive; will do that. By the way, can you please tell me where can one locate the VIN for the Jazz? Planning to go the dealer's stockyard in Panvel for preregistration inspection this Saturday.
Sticker on windshield
Engine Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
Finally got VIN only after paying my share. Its July 2012 make. We're going to have a look at the car to the stockyard. In addition to having a print out of PDI checklist ready, I'm also being accompanied by a friend who knows more about cars than I do
Congrats to both of you! please dont be putoff by stockyard condition, they are known to be dusty/ muddy. Just ensure you take the PDI checklists from tbhp and inform your SA immediately of any discrepancies so they can be corrected in time for delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
They are again coming up with these kind of nonsense stuff. You can get the insurance from the insurer of your choice. When I visited the Honda showroom last week, the sales guy told me that I can take loan only from the banks that are listed in their brochure and its according to Honda policy.
Again, if it is policy insist on a copy or an email from Honda. Not that they are saints, but that could be one way to verify these dealer level claims.
I am surprised Honda is doing such 'nakhrey' when the going is so bad for them.
No idea what 'nakhrey' translates to, perhaps tantrums?

^^

Last edited by selfdrive : 16th August 2012 at 18:30.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 18:21   #1946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkurup
Strangely, he won't allow me to do insurance on my own, saying it is Honda policy, that Honda Assure has inherent advantages wherein one does not have to wait for a surveyor to estimate the amount of damages, etc. Don't know how much of this is true - any advise on this would be highly appreciated

Thanks,
Rahul
They are again coming up with these kind of nonsense stuff. You can get the insurance from the insurer of your choice. When I visited the Honda showroom last week, the sales guy told me that I can take loan only from the banks that are listed in their brochure and its according to Honda policy. We have almost finalized on Brio but now I'm wondering whether I need to switch to Hyundai for i10 as I had a hassle free buying experience with them last year and had complete freedom in selecting the bank and the insurer.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 16th August 2012 at 18:25.
Old 17th August 2012, 10:58   #1947
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Rahul
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Sticker on windshield
Engine Bay
^^
+ Passenger side B pillar,
+ Raise the (single) magic seat behind the driver's seat, chasis number is embossed on the floor, below a cutout section in the carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
abhi, July is awesome. Just make sure you go over the vehicle in detail. Take pictures, too. Pictures help at a later time in case you spot a defect/scratch/nick etc.

Good luck
CowlFlap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 11:37   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post

abhi, July is awesome. Just make sure you go over the vehicle in detail. Take pictures, too. Pictures help at a later time in case you spot a defect/scratch/nick etc.

Good luck
Thanks mate! The yard visit is scheduled for tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hadn't thought of carrying a camera. Now I will.
Old 17th August 2012, 12:24   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
+ Passenger side B pillar,
+ Raise the (single) magic seat behind the driver's seat, chasis number is embossed on the floor, below a cutout section in the carpet

Good luck
Thanks Cowlflap. Got my VIN; a quick check using Wildon's thread revealed that the make is June 2012. Will try to take pictures.

Regards,
Rahul
Old 17th August 2012, 18:37   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to go the dealer's stockyard in Panvel for preregistration inspection this Saturday.

Thanks,
Rahul
Could not contain my eagerness, and went to check my Jazz at the stockyard today afternoon. Looked all ok, with no scratches or dents, and the Odometer showed 4 kms. As mentioned earlier, car is of June 2012 make. Only grouse was that the car came with MRF stock tyres and not Michelins

Most Viewed