Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2012, 13:20   #1921
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
Thanks CowFlap for your thoughts. We haven't yet made the full payment for the car. The SM says the car is alloted to me only after the full payment is made. And once the allotment is done, I can be provided with the VIN. I would like to know from you all if this is the general practice? When is the VIN shared with the customer? And when is one generally allowed to have a look at the car in the yard?
I just bought a Honda Jazz and this is what was done in my case:
- Booked the car by paying booking amount of Rs. 50K
- The dealer paid taxes on this car to the Government Authority and I was confirmed that the car (White Honda Jazz X) is confirmed for me
- The car was then brought to the Showroom itself where I did the PDI and noted the VIN number
- Paid the remainder of the amount (mix of own funds and Bank Loan) after 4 days
- Took delivery of the car after the Registration process was done

Crux: Booking amount should be enough for the dealer to let the customer do PDI. I don't understand why this particular dealer of mine would make any exception for me since I have no particular connections.
Old 13th August 2012, 14:35   #1922
BHPian

Quote:
The SM says the car is alloted to me only after the full payment is made. And once the allotment is done, I can be provided with the VIN. I would like to know from you all if this is the general practice? When is the VIN shared with the customer? And when is one generally allowed to have a look at the car in the yard?
It is "general practice" that the dealers try to extract as much money from you and as early as they can!!

Strictly speaking, you need to make the full payment only before the dealership sends the vehicle for registration. VIN sharing and customer inspection can certainly be done before full payment is made.
satyaanveshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 16:21   #1923
BHPian

The Honda JAZZ is the car least likely to be off the road over the course of a year.

According to research carried out by Which?, the motor has to visit the garage for only 0.17 days every 12 months.

The expense and inconvenience associated with getting a vehicle repaired means individuals will be keen to avoid taking a trip to a mechanic too often.

"An average annual repair cost of just £23 is a fraction of some of its rivals and you can expect year-round use of your Jazz," Which? remarked.

The Toyota Avensis and Suzuki Swift completed the top three, but at the other end of the scale, the BMW 3 Series Convertible was found to be the worst offender.

Drivers lost their cars for 3.49 days of the year - almost one day longer than any other car looked at - while the average annual bill was £239.

Links :

Honda Jazz and Toyota Avensis named most reliable cars

Honda Jazz 'best car for avoiding breakdowns' - Carmony
shadows123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 17:43   #1924
BHPian

@ Mods :

Jazz's recent upgrades by Honda have made this point of yours moot i think. Doesnt it call for a edit or is it still justified because it may be a bit misleading to new viewers of this review.

<<Poor level of equipment>>

The point you were making was because this didn't come with a parcel tray , electric OVRMS , USB and auto climate control i believe. The 2012(and 2011 i think) model comes with all but one (auto climate control).
Old 13th August 2012, 21:17   #1925
BHPian

abhi,
As soon as the car is available in their stockyard, they should have the VIN (in fact, they have the VIN right from the time the car leaves the factory). They should provide the VIN to you at this time if you ask for it. If they don't, tell them you're not interested. Your keenness is often taken advantage of. I use a very simplt technique for this, which I learnt somewhere on this very useful forum. If they don't show you the VIN, and tell you that this can only be provided after 'allotment', ask them:
"Is it a rule?"
"Yes Sir. That's the rule."
"Ok, Great. Show me the rule book! And, show me the exact clause that states that you cannot provide the VIN to me before 'allotment'."

The bottomline is, and from what I've experienced personally, they do not want customers to visit their stockyard. There's too much at stake for them, for you, and the rest of the world (the internet age is highly transparent), to find out what's happening in their 'backyard'.
CowlFlap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 21:52   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
abhi,
As soon as the car is available in their stockyard, they should have the VIN (in fact, they have the VIN right from the time the car leaves the factory).
===
There's too much at stake for them, for you, and the rest of the world (the internet age is highly transparent), to find out what's happening in their 'backyard'.
Thanks CowFlap. Guided by you, I'm in no mood to make any further payment till they give me VIN and show me the car.
abhi8195 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 09:03   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks CowFlap. Guided by you, I'm in no mood to make any further payment till they give me VIN and show me the car.
Good on you mate! Hope it works out well. The standard is a good choice IMO

I guess we must keep in mind, in this world of consumerism, I can take a 20k Tablet by paying upfront and receiving the same in the mail (packed, sealed, with warranty). I can do the same with a 35k washing machine, or even with a 60k plasma TV. But for a 7L car, I want to see it before I receive it; more than anything else because this product, unlike others, will be registered (RTO) in my name on full payment, and I can do very little once that's done. The point being, it's not as if you can simply return this product and ask for another post registration.

Good luck
Old 14th August 2012, 14:49   #1928
BHPian

Today I spoke to my dealer once again regarding the X kit. As expected, he still has no information. My irritation with this non-delivery of X Kit is now turning into anger . As customers who have paid for a particular product, I think we have every right to be upset with Honda and dealer for non delivery of product. I am sure they would not have been so lax if we would have held back 8k from the total payment. I was actually ready to buy the car without X kit by paying 8k less, but the dealer said it is mandatory. So, why isn't the delivery of X kit mandatory?

I have filed a complaint on the honda website today and have received a confirmation mail (CCed to dealer) from Honda. So, hoping this gets resolved at the earliest. Post registering complaint, I called up the dealer again and informed him that I have registered a complaint. I even threatened them with consumer forum complaint.

I would seriously urge everyone who hasn't received their X kit to at least register their complaint on Honda website.

Last edited by Peregrine : 14th August 2012 at 14:50. Reason: changed not to now
Peregrine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 15:28   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Today I spoke to my dealer once again regarding the X kit. As expected, he still has no information. My irritation with this non-delivery of X Kit is now turning into anger . As customers who have paid for a particular product, I think we have every right to be upset with Honda and dealer for non delivery of product. I am sure they would not have been so lax if we would have held back 8k from the total payment. I was actually ready to buy the car without X kit by paying 8k less, but the dealer said it is mandatory. So, why isn't the delivery of X kit mandatory?

I have filed a complaint on the honda website today and have received a confirmation mail (CCed to dealer) from Honda. So, hoping this gets resolved at the earliest. Post registering complaint, I called up the dealer again and informed him that I have registered a complaint. I even threatened them with consumer forum complaint.

I would seriously urge everyone who hasn't received their X kit to at least register their complaint on Honda website.
Do you have a link where i can file a complaint?
Old 14th August 2012, 16:05   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Do you have a link where i can file a complaint?
This is the link . So, 2 hours after i log a complaint on honda website, the general manager of Hallmark Honda gives me a call. He has asked me to come to showroom next Tuesday to get the X kit fitted . I guess lodging the complaint on the Honda site does work !

Last edited by Peregrine : 14th August 2012 at 16:11.
Old 14th August 2012, 16:22   #1931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
This is the link . So, 2 hours after i log a complaint on honda website, the general manager of Hallmark Honda gives me a call.
abhi, is this Deccan Honda at Satara road? please register a complaint at the link provided by Peregrine at your earliest.

You should receive a VIN after you have booked a car. It is possible this dealer is trying to fiddle around with his bookings.
Old 14th August 2012, 17:11   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
abhi, is this Deccan Honda at Satara road? please register a complaint at the link provided by Peregrine at your earliest.

You should receive a VIN after you have booked a car. It is possible this dealer is trying to fiddle around with his bookings.
Thanks mate! have registered the complaint. Lets see. Really frustrating the way these guys behave. Mine is Deccan Honda on Bund Garden Road.
Old 15th August 2012, 08:07   #1933
BHPian

@abhi8195, please let me know if registering the complaint worked. I am facing a similar predicament. Made a booking amount of Rs 50,000/- on July 23rd. As of now, dealer is sticking to his word of delivery by September 10th. Though his, "I'll get to know for sure only by end-August" statements make me a bit apprehensive. As of now, I am not escalating it; planning to wait till end of this month.

Quote:
Thanks mate! have registered the complaint. Lets see. Really frustrating the way these guys behave. Mine is Deccan Honda on Bund Garden Road.
Old 15th August 2012, 09:17   #1934
BHPian

Hello BHPians

I am in the market for a premium hatch. Am planning to buy the Jazz select this month. Need advice whether this a practical decision given

- Honda's apparent lack of interest in the Jazz
- Jazz may be up for a facelift soon enough
- Lack of features like bluetooth, auto climate, push button etc which the i20 offers at the same price
- lack of sale numbers of Jazz giving an impression of a market dud
- Resale of the Jazz after 2-3 years of ownership eecially compared to the i20

Have been in love with the Jazz ever since its intoduction in India. Also like the i20 loaded with features attitude. I am not exactly a driving enthusiast and not looking for a diesel given my low running. Other premium hatches dont excite me i.e. Polo - lack of space, overpriced; Punto - A.S.S.; Fabia - never liked the looks.

Ample space for driver (i am pver six foot) and reliability is utmost importance to me. Thanks in advance !!
Old 15th August 2012, 09:59   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkurup View Post
@abhi8195, please let me know if registering the complaint worked. I am facing a similar predicament. Made a booking amount of Rs 50,000/- on July 23rd. As of now, dealer is sticking to his word of delivery by September 10th. Though his, "I'll get to know for sure only by end-August" statements make me a bit apprehensive. As of now, I am not escalating it; planning to wait till end of this month.
The complaint is for getting the X-kit delivered, not the vehicle per se... although with the innumerous inventories available, you could've easily picked a showroom which makes the fastest delivery!! Dont think the complaint about delivery will get you anywhere though. All they will tell is they are doing the best they can i guess! You can try telling your dealer that you want to cancel the booking since its taking a lot of time and he might get you one asap that might work!!

Most Viewed