Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2012, 12:59   #1891
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
My car hit the gate door when reversing the car and there are heavy scratches on the front bumper driver side(since the down slope while reversing was a bit steep and the gate moved due to heavy wind!! What are the options for me? Since the color is Ralleye Red, the scratches are heavy and quite visible. The car is like 2 months old. Is it possible to get it done as a complimentary thing from Honda as a part of free servicing or will they charge it anyway since its not a touch up job but rather more like bumper repainting(if so whats the possible cost?)
Its obvious that Honda will opt for a bumber repainting. Try persuading the A.S.S team to get it done for free, honestly I don't think its an easy task.
Honda A.S.S may charge around 3k-4k for the full bumber repainting. But you can get the same done outside at much lesser cost. Usually A.S.S guys are more expensive.
Old 1st August 2012, 14:13   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Its obvious that Honda will opt for a bumber repainting. Try persuading the A.S.S team to get it done for free, honestly I don't think its an easy task.
Honda A.S.S may charge around 3k-4k for the full bumber repainting. But you can get the same done outside at much lesser cost. Usually A.S.S guys are more expensive.
Since the car color is Ralleye red, will the private guys get it done without any obvious notice in color change?? plus what else can be the repercussions of this like warranty etc?
Old 1st August 2012, 14:18   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Since the car color is Ralleye red, will the private guys get it done without any obvious notice in color change?? plus what else can be the repercussions of this like warranty etc?
Usually these guys will reproduce the exact color, what they do is to take off your fuel lid to car paint shop and mix colors to match the body color. I had given my car (Sea grey, not a common color) to outside body shop and painted Ford A.S.S Quoted 7.5k for painting, got it done for 2k. Finish was perfect!. Warranty will not be void if you do a little painting on your body, it gets void if you mess up with Wheels or Electrical parts.
Old 1st August 2012, 16:29   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Usually these guys will reproduce the exact color, what they do is to take off your fuel lid to car paint shop and mix colors to match the body color. I had given my car (Sea grey, not a common color) to outside body shop and painted Ford A.S.S Quoted 7.5k for painting, got it done for 2k. Finish was perfect!. Warranty will not be void if you do a little painting on your body, it gets void if you mess up with Wheels or Electrical parts.
Hey thanks!!

Any suggestions on a particular shop in Bangalore guys which would do a good job @ a reasonable price with no loss of noticable quality? Honda Dealer said 4.5K for full bumper paint job and in my case 2-2.5K for a half bumper paint job!!
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:23   #1895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Color matching should not be a problem. I got this done from an outside workshop as Honda was quoting absurd amounts and not being helpful at all on the insurance claim scope. DO check my ownership thread and ask any more questions you may have.

Do you have a specific warranty document? If not, just get online and check their clauses. It is likely that they will reject any future claims for this topic. If they have maintained a record of your query. Though I dont think it should void entire warranty on wheels/ electricals as long as you have not fiddled around there.

Have you tried rubbing compound or those scratch remover sprays (not the markers)? In my case, most of the inconsequential scratches were taken care of and I left the bigger scratches around just to see if I acquired more dents/ scratches. And eerily enough I did when an Activa smashed into my rear bumper. So I had more to claim for.
Old 3rd August 2012, 14:07   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Color matching should not be a problem. I got this done from an outside workshop as Honda was quoting absurd amounts and not being helpful at all on the insurance claim scope. DO check my ownership thread and ask any more questions you may have.

Do you have a specific warranty document? If not, just get online and check their clauses. It is likely that they will reject any future claims for this topic. If they have maintained a record of your query. Though I dont think it should void entire warranty on wheels/ electricals as long as you have not fiddled around there.

Have you tried rubbing compound or those scratch remover sprays (not the markers)? In my case, most of the inconsequential scratches were taken care of and I left the bigger scratches around just to see if I acquired more dents/ scratches. And eerily enough I did when an Activa smashed into my rear bumper. So I had more to claim for.
Yes i wanted to try that before going for the repaint option since some driver is bound to bang into me one day or the other so might as well accumulate everything and repaint it once and for all. There are few places where the complete paint hasnt come off. The remaining places cant be helped as we can see the black bumper and the red paint has been completely scraped off. Can you suggest any rubbing compound or scratch remover which i can try?

and regarding the warranty part, knowing how these car manufacturers work , i wouldnt be surprised if they will somehow link this paint to the warranty and reject any claim. Most car manufacturers always take Indian car buyers for granted and show their arrogance by rejecting warranties for any silly reason they can get hold of!!!
Old 8th August 2012, 11:35   #1897
BHPian

I was driving my Sister's new Jazz last weekend. I have observed that it tends to stop when down shifting to first gear. With the other gears there is no such problem. Did anyone else experience this? The car is new, so will check after the first service if this problem is repeating. Steering felt a little slippery, need to get a grip for that.

The car is literally a bottomless pit when it comes to luggage storage. Mid shows reading of 12.3 kmpl as of now. My Swift Zdi never shows a range of more than 570-580 km where as Jazz was showing 620 km. (Both are auto stop measurements)

My sister is really happy with the purchase. The car oozes class in white. The dealership Green Honda was really helpful inspite of the delay in loan processing. Some shots

Car during PDI without front grill
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-img_20120722_170503.jpg

Without Spoiler
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-img_20120722_170544.jpg

Car's Puja time. Front grill needs paint work done during 1st service.
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-img_5029.jpg

Side view. Man this car feels huge.
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-img_5034.jpg
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 11:49   #1898
BHPian

Guys have any of you jazz x owners who bought the car 2 months ago got the x kit yet?
Old 8th August 2012, 14:18   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I was driving my Sister's new Jazz last weekend. I have observed that it tends to stop when down shifting to first gear. With the other gears there is no such problem. Did anyone else experience this? The car is new, so will check after the first service if this problem is repeating. Steering felt a little slippery, need to get a grip for that.

The car is literally a bottomless pit when it comes to luggage storage. Mid shows reading of 12.3 kmpl as of now. My Swift Zdi never shows a range of more than 570-580 km where as Jazz was showing 620 km. (Both are auto stop measurements)

My sister is really happy with the purchase. The car oozes class in white. The dealership Green Honda was really helpful inspite of the delay in loan processing. Some shots

Car during PDI without front grill
Attachment 966765

Without Spoiler
Attachment 966766

Car's Puja time. Front grill needs paint work done during 1st service.
Attachment 966767

Side view. Man this car feels huge.
Attachment 966768
Congrats on your sister's purchase..and ya its such a flexible car isnt it when it comes to storage space ..

Regarding the first gear stall, I have noticed it happens to me too..i felt it was probably coz i was trying to drive too sedately without any sudden burst of acceleration since the car responds better when driven sedately(mileage wise).

btw what does that range mean? I still dont get the funda behind it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Guys have any of you jazz x owners who bought the car 2 months ago got the x kit yet?
Nope not yet..its been 2 months!! Wonder if Honda will agree if we paid the money for the car after 2 months of purchase!!!

Last edited by shadows123 : 8th August 2012 at 14:20.
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 14:25   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Range is Distance to Empty based on fuel remaining in the tank and your most recent fuel consumption pattern.
For example if DTE shows 600 if you just did a highway trip, the DTE reading would be less than 600 if you just did a B2B drive in city traffic. With the same amount of fuel in the tank.

I think indian21r is trying to indicate that this DTE reading was higher in the Jazz than in the Swift.
Perhaps he/ she needs to consider & compare driving pattern and location of Swift & Jazz. Maybe the Swift was driven recently only within town, whereas the Jazz may have been driven in a way that offered better mileage.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 14:25   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Nope not yet..its been 2 months!! Wonder if Honda will agree if we paid the money for the car after 2 months of purchase!!!
there is no news on my X-kit as well. This is really frustrating. Honda should really sort this out - this kind of delay just creates unnecessary negativity about the car.
Old 8th August 2012, 15:03   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your sister's purchase..and ya its such a flexible car isnt it when it comes to storage space ..

Regarding the first gear stall, I have noticed it happens to me too..i felt it was probably coz i was trying to drive too sedately without any sudden burst of acceleration since the car responds better when driven sedately(mileage wise).

Thanks man. Range is estimated distance before the tank is empty. Really useful when the low fuel indicator light turns up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I think indian21r is trying to indicate that this DTE reading was higher in the Jazz than in the Swift.
Perhaps he/ she needs to consider & compare driving pattern and location of Swift & Jazz. Maybe the Swift was driven recently only within town, whereas the Jazz may have been driven in a way that offered better mileage.
Both the cars do only city traffic. I just posted to indicate that even with petrol we can comfortably do long distances without worrying about fuel everytime. I have a feeling the range in Swift is on the lower side inspite of it giving 16.5 kmpl.

And Jazz numbers I hope they remain like that. Since the car is new, probably the MID will take time to give more accurate numbers.
Old 8th August 2012, 15:24   #1903
BHPian

I have also experienced that Jazz stalls if driven too lightly in 1st gear. Initially I thought this change could be due to transfer from Diesel Logan to Petrol Jazz. Specially at heavy traffic signals if it stalls then I hear too many impatient blowing horns.

At present Thane Ghodbunder roads specially From Kapurbawdi till Majiwada stretch is too bad. at some places only Potholes has occupied the road. So driving very lightly in 1st gear results in car stalling. I am trying to overcome that now a days.

Rest car is fantastic. On highways and on less traffic roads it is pleasure to drive. I am yet to write a ownership review. I will try to click some good snaps and prepare ownership review too this weekend.
_Vyenky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 16:39   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky View Post
I have also experienced that Jazz stalls if driven too lightly in 1st gear. Initially I thought this change could be due to transfer from Diesel Logan to Petrol Jazz. Specially at heavy traffic signals if it stalls then I hear too many impatient blowing horns.
Looks like mine was not an isolated case. We were also switching from Diesel cars to a petrol. (had alto for sometime in between). But I guess it is something that can be overcome once the car is driven more.

The steering controls, fog light switches etc are all very convenient to use. It was pulling really well on a slope even in 3rd gear. There was not much need for gear change. Seriously how did Honda package that engine bay. Michelin's are better than MRF's with respect to tire noise.

Is there an alternative to automatically lock the doors when in motion? How did they miss that feature is beyond me
Old 8th August 2012, 16:49   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Looks like mine was not an isolated case. We were also switching from Diesel cars to a petrol. (had alto for sometime in between). But I guess it is something that can be overcome once the car is driven more.

The steering controls, fog light switches etc are all very convenient to use. It was pulling really well on a slope even in 3rd gear. There was not much need for gear change. Seriously how did Honda package that engine bay. Michelin's are better than MRF's with respect to tire noise.

Is there an alternative to automatically lock the doors when in motion? How did they miss that feature is beyond me
Yep its easy to drive it on slopes..I have tried it in Madikeri and it was so easy to move the car around in higher gears!!
and ya the locking is a big pain in the ***. YOu have to manually lock it from the driver's side. There is no other alternative.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks