Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2012, 12:10   #1876
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
Very correctly pointed out that other than the alloy wheels, rest of the stuff is just cosmetic and thus the basic value offers good value. I haven't heard of many people using the reclining rear seats. But then, I don't know of many who use the front recliners as well.

What is the delivery time that your dealership is quoting?

And have fun zeroing on the car you buy.
And, not to mention, the 5th (spare) wheel is an ordinary steel wheel; not an alloy. Even the X variant comes with a steel spare wheel. Another quirk I haven't understood
Old 24th July 2012, 14:16   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap

And, not to mention, the 5th (spare) wheel is an ordinary steel wheel; not an alloy. Even the X variant comes with a steel spare wheel. Another quirk I haven't understood
This is because of the cost cutting from the car manufacturers. Even some of the high end car's spare wheel is of steel and remaining are alloys. When ever you replace your running wheel with spare wheel, the alloy's tyre needs to be repaired and put back.
Old 24th July 2012, 16:34   #1878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
We are going to check the car again today.
================
Before driving Jazz we were going ga ga over Polo 1.6 but the dealer informed that VW is currently not producing it and they cannot guarantee when they will be able to deliver it.
Ditto! That is the reason why we have booked Base. Its a different matter that its already more than a month and no news of the car
Old 24th July 2012, 16:44   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
Ditto! That is the reason why we have booked Base. Its a different matter that its already more than a month and no news of the car
From the feedback I got from the dealer, they are not sure when VW will start production of the petrol version. We wanted a car in stock or the one with maximum one month waiting. Polo was chosen just for its looks. Drive wise 1.6 is fun. VW just lost a customer.
Old 25th July 2012, 11:11   #1880
BHPian

At last this saturday I will take the delievery of Jazz XMT Ralley Red.
I will carry camera certainly and click some pictures too.
Old 25th July 2012, 11:36   #1881
BHPian

Awesome. Hope you had a satisfactory PDI. I too have booked a Rallye Red Jazz (though not X, but Standard) on July 22nd . Delivery is estimated in 45 days from booking. The eager wait begins. Please do upload snaps of your beauty as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Rahul

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky View Post
At last this saturday I will take the delievery of Jazz XMT Ralley Red.
I will carry camera certainly and click some pictures too.
Old 25th July 2012, 12:43   #1882
BHPian

Yes Rahul. PDI went well. Other than dust I could not find any other problem. Informed Executive to clean dust from all locations and also told him to fill in sufficient petrol. It was almost empty. He promised me about 5 Ltrs of petrol will be given before delievery.
_Vyenky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 12:56   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkurup View Post
I too have booked a Rallye Red Jazz (though not X, but Standard) on July 22nd . Delivery is estimated in 45 days from booking. The eager wait begins. Please do upload snaps of your beauty as soon as possible.
l
Last week there was a Rally Red Jazz available with Apex Honda (Sion). You might want to check with them in case you want an immediate delivery.
Old 25th July 2012, 13:39   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Last week there was a Rally Red Jazz available with Apex Honda (Sion). You might want to check with them in case you want an immediate delivery.
Animesh, indeed I have booked at Apex Honda, Sion. Rallye Red which was available outright was the Select version. The only colour readily available in Jazz Standard was Silver. In any case, am a newbie driver and the 45 day wait can be used to brush-up my driving skills .

Many thanks for the suggestion though.

Thanks,
Rahul
Old 25th July 2012, 15:58   #1885
BHPian

About 10k increase in the price of Jazz: I spoke to Deccan Honda (Pune) SM today and he said all the cars (Jazz) received post 11th July by the dealer will see this price effect.

How does one ascertain which dispatch the car was a part of?

p.s. The wait increases and so does the price
Old 28th July 2012, 14:51   #1886
BHPian

Hi all,

Going in for the Jazz but still deciding between the base and the select variant. I personally do not like the chrome grille and license garnish, also being a tall guy the seat height adjuster is something I wont be using. I prefer beige interiors and okay with the rest of the config. Also, the reclining seats offer less usage than the normal set up.

So, looking for a base variant that gives me the normal honeycomb grill, beige interiors etc. What i shall add up is alloys, fog lamps and the parcel tray( which again has been unnecessary and costs 8k here!). The rear spoiler is also something not required.

So keeping these requirements in mind, have spoken with my dealer to either adjust these features in a Select model or give me the best price for the Base variant including these add-ons. Wont be arguing much for the tyres as theres no guarantee to it.
Old 28th July 2012, 19:15   #1887
BHPian

Just brought JAZZ home. Super exited. Smooth drive/gearshift.
Will post long review soon.

Thanks Team Bhp and friends.
_Vyenky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 07:26   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel
So, looking for a base variant that gives me the normal honeycomb grill, beige interiors etc. What i shall add up is alloys, fog lamps and the parcel tray
Just be sure to check with the salesperson as to how 'fog lamps' can be integrated on the front bumper. I could be wrong here, but I don't think the base version comes with the slots for integrating them, so you might have do create holes.

On another note, I got my Jazz X on 25th July and have been enjoying the drive (whenever the Mumbai traffic allows for it).
Old 30th July 2012, 14:51   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
Just be sure to check with the salesperson as to how 'fog lamps' can be integrated on the front bumper. I could be wrong here, but I don't think the base version comes with the slots for integrating them, so you might have do create holes.

On another note, I got my Jazz X on 25th July and have been enjoying the drive (whenever the Mumbai traffic allows for it).
Not sure will be checking up with the sales chaps. Fogs are not the concern but the chrome bits are.
Old 1st August 2012, 09:45   #1890
BHPian

My car hit the gate door when reversing the car and there are heavy scratches on the front bumper driver side(since the down slope while reversing was a bit steep and the gate moved due to heavy wind!! What are the options for me? Since the color is Ralleye Red, the scratches are heavy and quite visible. The car is like 2 months old. Is it possible to get it done as a complimentary thing from Honda as a part of free servicing or will they charge it anyway since its not a touch up job but rather more like bumper repainting(if so whats the possible cost?)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks