Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 22:14   #1861
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I will be going tomorrow Morning going for PDI of my XMT Ralley Red. Then may be next week delievery.

Old 21st July 2012, 10:40   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky
I will be going tomorrow Morning going for PDI of my XMT Ralley Red. Then may be next week delievery.

Congrats Vyenky on your Ride, Do a thorough PDI. And hope u bring her home soon.
Cheers!
Old 21st July 2012, 23:19   #1863
BHPian

Guys , Jazz Select vs Jazz X which is the better if the 2. Primary reason to consider X was only for because of the Biege scheme in Select. I feel Select is VFM but somehow the biege padding was really looking bad.
Old 22nd July 2012, 00:49   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r
Guys , Jazz Select vs Jazz X which is the better if the 2. Primary reason to consider X was only for because of the Biege scheme in Select. I feel Select is VFM but somehow the biege padding was really looking bad.
Wouldn't you be getting seat covers? In which case, Select would make more sense. I am buying X for just one reason - It has adjustable driver's seat.
Animesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 08:26   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
Wouldn't you be getting seat covers? In which case, Select would make more sense. I am buying X for just one reason - It has adjustable driver's seat.
We are going to check the car again today. In fact even in the basic Jazz except for alloys, reclining seat and rear parcel tray, we are not missing much. We will get after market alloys if we good for base Jazz. Anyone using reclining seats on a regular basis.

We were quite impressed by the Jazz. Having checked i20, Polo and Micra, Jazz felt like it was designed keeping customer in Mind, while others were designed based on costs/vfm etc in mind. Magic seats are really cool and practical too.

Before driving Jazz we were going ga ga over Polo 1.6 but the dealer informed that VW is currently not producing it and they cannot guarantee when they will be able to deliver it.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 08:50   #1866
BHPian

Quote:

We are going to check the car again today. In fact even in the basic Jazz except for alloys, reclining seat and rear parcel tray, we are not missing much. We will get after market alloys if we good for base Jazz. Anyone using reclining seats on a regular basis.
Very correctly pointed out that other than the alloy wheels, rest of the stuff is just cosmetic and thus the basic value offers good value. I haven't heard of many people using the reclining rear seats. But then, I don't know of many who use the front recliners as well.

What is the delivery time that your dealership is quoting?

And have fun zeroing on the car you buy.
Old 23rd July 2012, 08:41   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
In Select, the beige theme is a bit of a let down. You can hide the car seats with covers but you cant really cover the sides which are also beige(I mean the are on the side of the driver/rear passenger seats along the door!! This was my main reason to go for the X!! The other features arent really gr8 to speak of (Fog Lamps , Height adjustment seats). Hey you also dont get the stupid chrome grill if you go for X i believe although i think the X kit will get you the chrome grill eventually :x

Quote:
Very correctly pointed out that other than the alloy wheels, rest of the stuff is just cosmetic and thus the basic value offers good value. I haven't heard of many people using the reclining rear seats. But then, I don't know of many who use the front recliners as well.
The rear Recliner seat is helpful when you go for trips outside the city(adds a bit of comfort dont you think?). The front recliner has no use though although the height adjustment comes in handy at times!!!

Last edited by shadows123 : 23rd July 2012 at 08:43.
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:40   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post

What is the delivery time that your dealership is quoting?

And have fun zeroing on the car you buy.
We have finally zeroed in on the Jazz X primarily to avoid the Beige Scheme. The car is already with the Dealer. Tomorrow is my Sister's Birthday, so we are just waiting for the loan to be approved. We paid token advance yesterday and asked for delivery today evening. We are picking White Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
In Select, the beige theme is a bit of a let down. You can hide the car seats with covers but you cant really cover the sides which are also beige(I mean the are on the side of the driver/rear passenger seats along the door!! This was my main reason to go for the X!! The other features arent really gr8 to speak of (Fog Lamps , Height adjustment seats). Hey you also dont get the stupid chrome grill if you go for X i believe although i think the X kit will get you the chrome grill eventually :x

The rear Recliner seat is helpful when you go for trips outside the city(adds a bit of comfort dont you think?). The front recliner has no use though although the height adjustment comes in handy at times!!!
The more I see the car, the more I feel that beige is looking cheap. It is as if the side padding is made from left over pieces. Did not want to do an after market job either. So opted for Jazz X. I did feel the recliner a decent option to use. We are getting the Jazz X Kit as well.

We are getting the car @ pre Hike Price since the car was billed in June to the Dealer. Manufactured in may 2012. Opted for the car with Michelin XM1 energy series tires. Did not want the MRF ZVTV series as we have them on Swift and they are too noisy. Hope that Michelin's will be have lower road noise. June lot seems to come with MRF's while all the May lot was in Michelin's.

Final On Road Price is 7.25 lakhs including Zero dep, Jazz Kit, body cover. Did not want Sun Film or Teflon Coating. ( Current On Road price is 7.59 Lakhs) Most of the dealers with May 2012 cars are ready to give at previous price here. Anyone looking for petrol car in a Hurry can pick them.

Last edited by indian21r : 23rd July 2012 at 10:49. Reason: OTR Price
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:44   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
We have finally zeroed in on the Jazz X primarily to avoid the Beige Scheme. The car is already with the Dealer. Tomorrow is my Sister's Birthday, so we are just waiting for the loan to be approved. We paid token advance yesterday and asked for delivery today evening. We are picking White Jazz.

The more I see the car, the more I feel that beige is looking cheap. It is as if the side padding is made from left over pieces. Did not want to do an after market job either. So opted for Jazz X. I did feel the recliner a decent option to use. We are getting the Jazz X Kit as well.

We are getting the car @ pre Hike Price since the car was billed in June to the Dealer. Manufactured in may 2012. Opted for the car with Michelin XM1 energy series tires. Did not want the MRF ZVTV series as we have them on Swift and they are too noisy. Hope that Michelin's will be have lower road noise. June lot seems to come with MRF's while all the May lot was in Michelin's.
Congrats on the 'X'. Happy you are getting the X-kit as well. I havent got mine still .. and yes go for the Michelins. Not only do they look upmarket on the car, they dont have any road noise either(I couldnt notice it atleast!!). and as you said the Select feels a bit cheap with the beige theme.
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:52   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the 'X'. Happy you are getting the X-kit as well. I havent got mine still .. and yes go for the Michelins. Not only do they look upmarket on the car, they dont have any road noise either(I couldnt notice it atleast!!). and as you said the Select feels a bit cheap with the beige theme.
Thanks Man. Road noise is the main irritating part with MRF's on Swift. So are your's XM1 or XM1+
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:24   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Man. Road noise is the main irritating part with MRF's on Swift. So are your's XM1 or XM1+
Mine is XM1. Stock fitted from dealer. Not after market!
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:25   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Opted for the car with Michelin XM1 energy series tires. Did not want the MRF ZVTV series as we have them on Swift and they are too noisy. Hope that Michelin's will be have lower road noise. June lot seems to come with MRF's while all the May lot was in Michelin's.

Did not want Sun Film or Teflon Coating.
One of my friend in Mumbai took Jazz delivery last month with MRF ZVTV, But he wanted Michelins and dealer had assured him that when another batch of cars come, he will exchange with Michelins for free. But now the dealer is saying that the Michelins are of poor quality and lot of Jazz owners are complaining of bad grip. Is this true ?

Also why the members of tbhp is against teflon coating? My friend got his car teflon coated, is this alright or does he need to visit 3M to get it cleared and opt for paint sealent ?
Old 23rd July 2012, 12:27   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
One of my friend in Mumbai took Jazz delivery last month with MRF ZVTV, But he wanted Michelins and dealer had assured him that when another batch of cars come, he will exchange with Michelins for free. But now the dealer is saying that the Michelins are of poor quality and lot of Jazz owners are complaining of bad grip. Is this true ?

Also why the members of tbhp is against teflon coating? My friend got his car teflon coated, is this alright or does he need to visit 3M to get it cleared and opt for paint sealent ?
Probably he doesnt want to exchange as he promised. Michelins have good road grip from my personal experience. I have the Michelin Energy XM1 fitted on my Jazz and there has been no problem whatsoever from what i noticed. But then again, I havent used MRF so cant offer a comparison sorry!
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:50   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Probably he doesnt want to exchange as he promised. Michelins have good road grip from my personal experience. I have the Michelin Energy XM1 fitted on my Jazz and there has been no problem whatsoever from what i noticed. But then again, I havent used MRF so cant offer a comparison sorry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post

As the car is already used, the dealer probably backed out. Infact while I was checking the cars at yard, I was told that it will be difficult for them even change tires from one car to another as each part would have been tracked. I was offered a car with Michelin tires which I preferred over MRF. I have not driven the Michelin's but feel any other alternative would be better to the noisy MRF ZVTV

I have not seen much benefit of Teflon, so did not opt for it. Anyway you can see the thread where they discuss why teflon is not such a useful feature as it is advertised to be
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 10:11   #1875
BHPian

The car was delivered yesterday evening. As we know the dealer, we were able to take the delivery of the car even without the loan being processed. The car is currently on its way for Puja. Total Booking to Delivery time 26 hrs with loan. I will not start a thread as I will using it only once in a while. But I can share feedback of service etc on someone else thread or if there is a common thread for Jazz service costs etc.

Thanks to the thread for helping me shortlist Jazz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks