Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2012, 13:01   #1846
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
Animesh, does it mean that Linkway Honda wont be making u poorer by 10k? Deccan Honda in Pune had said while booking itself that in case there is any increase in the price, we'll have to pay the difference. Can't understand though why they would increase the prices when the rise of fuel prices has anyways dampened petrol car sales. What delivery timelines have they promised?
@Abhi: The honda sales guys say they'll pass on any increase to the customer.
The rupee depreciation vs the yen should be a major factor for the price increase.
Old 14th July 2012, 15:26   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Animesh, does it mean that Linkway Honda wont be making u poorer by 10k? Deccan Honda in Pune had said while booking itself that in case there is any increase in the price, we'll have to pay the difference. Can't understand though why they would increase the prices when the rise of fuel prices has anyways dampened petrol car sales. What delivery timelines have they promised?
I won't have to pay the 10K extra since the car that I want to buy is already with the Dealership. I just need to get my loan approved and then within 4-5 days of it, I will get the delivery.

If everything goes as planned (that seldom happens with loan process and Dealer hassles), then I will get delivery in the last week of this month.
Old 15th July 2012, 16:41   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive

The weasels keep calling every 3 months. My Jazz went for servicing at 25k, 30k and now 35k. I have decided that henceforth I will decide when to service, HASS be damned. Oil changes can be done in shorter duration anyway.

Antirust & piant protection is pointless in my opinion.
Negotiate hard for insurance and threaten to buy elsewhere if they dont give a decent quote.
Other accessories can be delayed for a bit.
No accessories at this moment. I will see Orchis seat covers meanwhile and then decide. I saw them in one of the cars in my complex.
_Vyenky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 19:40   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162 View Post
Perhaps my correspondence with Honda last year reproduced below will help on this issue of whether to go for 3months or 6 months servicing .
The emails are reproduced chronologically in ascending order so please read the last mail (at the bottom first and then go up - thanks):-
Thanks amit162.
I guess what shadows123 was inquiring was that in case he got the car serviced at 6 month intervals (instead of 3 month intervals as recommended by the service centers/dealers), would it void the vehicle’s warranty. Keen to know this myself, if someone (present owners) can throw some light to clarify this.
Old 16th July 2012, 09:45   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162 View Post
Perhaps my correspondence with Honda last year reproduced below will help on this issue of whether to go for 3months or 6 months servicing .
The emails are reproduced chronologically in ascending order so please read the last mail (at the bottom first and then go up - thanks):-
__________________________________________________ _______________
Dear Sir .
Thank you for your quick response.

Taking into consideration the fact that the last service was done on 25 July 2011 ( 4992 km) and my car has only been driven 572 kms since the last service less then 3 months ago- as per your advice I will be waiting for some more time for the stipulated 5000 kms mark.

Grateful for the guidance in these times when we have virtually given up on Honda !
Best wishes,

Sent: Monday, 17 October 2011 11:56 AM
Subject: Kind Attn:- Mr. Amit Pant
Dear Mr. Pant,

This is in reference to your communication dated 16th October, 2011.

As regards your query, we wish to inform you that periodic maintenance are scheduled keeping in mind trouble free performance of your Honda car on a long run.

We wish to inform you that based on severe driving conditions in India, periodic Maintenance at an interval of 5000km/3months is advisable. We advice our dealership to get in touch with you and facilitate you further.
For any further concern/query, please contact us at 1800-113-121or 011-39898918.

Assuring you the best of our services at all times.

Regards,

Ajay Kumar
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. ,Greater Noida

10/16/2011 12:39 PM
Please respond to

To "customer_relations@hondacarindia.com" <customer_relations@hondacarindia.com>
cc
Subject Maintenance Service Schedule

Dear Sir,
I bought my Jazz on 25 January 2010. All the free services are now over.
The IIIrd free service was done on 23/07/2010 (1961 kms).
Thereafter I 've got the following services done at the insistence of the Honda dealer within a span of one year at intervals of 3323 km and 4992 km. The last service was done on 25 July 2011 ( 4992 km). My car has only been driven 572 kms since the last service less then 3 months ago.
Now, as earlier, my dealer insists that the car should be taken for servicing, which is required to be done every 3months. When I mentioned that this does not seem to be a requirement as per service schedule in the Car manual I was told that the Manual quotes Japanese conditions and not the Indian requirement.
I am very confused since my dealer Divine Honda, Dehradun, is otherwise providing impeccable service.
Now when most cars tend to have a longer maintenance period, this strategy of (i) making us pay a hefty premium of over Rs 1.00 lakhs initially on purchase of the car and (ii) now harassing us by requiring us to take the car for servicing every 3 months is making life very difficult. As it is everyone is hard pressed for time and taking the car for service every three months is very convenient.
Please advise, do I need to dispose my car to avoid such situations ?
I do hope I get a reply to this mail. Thank you.
Well, thats just a load of crap from Honda's Customer service centre.. If the car was made for Japanese conditions then why was the 1.5L engine downgraded to 1.2L !!! Anyways my question was, if i refused to give it for service every 3 months, will it void the extended warranty i have for 4 years

And ,Why is Honda increasing the prices now?? Already their sales have been pretty pathetic to put it lightly....This is like adding fuel to the fire and making sure the Jazz doesnt sell at all
Old 16th July 2012, 10:14   #1851
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post. We advise you to read our rules before proceeding any further.

And a Quick update on the weekend trip to Madikeri(Coorg) from Bangalore on my Jazz.

Started on Saturday morning @ 6AM. Reached Madikeri by 11:00 with a breakfast break in between. Frustrating to drive on Bangalore-Mysore stretch where every tom,dick and harry has constructed a speed breaker for no obvious reason. The Mysore-Madikeri stetch with the ghat section is just fantastic though.

After a bit of freshening up, had lunch and went to Dubare for some White water rafting on a 7km stretch. The weather was great with overcast conditions but no rains. By the time we finished up it was 5PM so we retired for the day since all activities had shut down.

Woke up the next morning, went to Raja Seat @ 7AM for the sunrise viewing spot. Finished up then went to Abbi Falls on some of the most pathetic road conditions in mild drizzle. Left Madikeri @ 9 onwards towards the Quad Biking Spot. Quad Biking was an interesting experience due to the slippery mud roads making it difficult to drive despite the presence of a guide.

Had bf, went for elephant riding back to Dubare(Total waste of time and money). They kept the elephants on the other side of the shore conveniently forcing us to take the motor boat to the other side(pay for it) and apparently, there are 2 contractors for the motor boats. People dont realize this and take the ticket with one guy thereby making the queue large in one while the other is empty. No refunds and no you cant take the other boat

Finished the trip with a visit to the Tibetian Golden Temple @ Bylekuppa and back to Bangalore on Sunday night in heavy rains(How ironic is that with Bangalore raining and Madikeri no rains ).The weather in Madikeri was just awesome(not much rains) making it perfect for adventure sports like White water rafting and Quad Biking.

And now for the "kitna deti ha" part

Total kms driven : 700
Distance from Bangalore-Madikeri - ROughly 250kms
Overall mileage :15km/l

Highest mileage was in the ghat section/Mysore-Madikeri stretch(roughly around 18-19km/l) despite having several up hill stretches and lowest was in the heavily trafficky Bangalore-Mysore stretch(12-14km/l). Could also be that the IOC pump i fuelled when driving down from Mysore to Bangalore was tampered with and didnt fuel for the amount he claimed despite me looking all the time.

On a side note, if anyone is making the trip to Madikeri, remember to take a lot of cash. No one accepts cards there and ATM's are few and far. I had to drive a long way to get cash

*I dont have any pics right now. Will take some time to upload. So i didnt put up this post in the travelogue section!!

Last edited by GTO : 25th July 2012 at 12:38. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post
Old 16th July 2012, 12:05   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I won't have to pay the 10K extra since the car that I want to buy is already with the Dealership. I just need to get my loan approved and then within 4-5 days of it, I will get the delivery.

If everything goes as planned (that seldom happens with loan process and Dealer hassles), then I will get delivery in the last week of this month.

Lucky you By the way, which variant you're going for and how much did it cost??
Old 16th July 2012, 12:28   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
@Abhi: The honda sales guys say they'll pass on any increase to the customer.
The rupee depreciation vs the yen should be a major factor for the price increase.
And if it clocks better numbers, they thought they might as make some more money. A select variant was only 10k costlier over swiftZXI in Chennai, which i felt was OK. Minus in Honda is A.C.C everything else should even out.
Old 16th July 2012, 14:40   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Lucky you By the way, which variant you're going for and how much did it cost??
I will be paying 7.59 OTR Mumbai for Jazz X (2+2 year warranty and Zero Dep insurance included). This doesn't include the spoiler/front grill lip that costs 8000 which I am not opting for.

Last edited by Animesh : 16th July 2012 at 14:44.
Animesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 21:17   #1855
BHPian

One of my friend in Mumbai has bought Red Jazz X. But he is unable to roll down rear windows fully. They just roll down 90% Is it common on all Jazz?
Old 16th July 2012, 21:26   #1856
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
One of my friend in Mumbai has bought Red Jazz X. But he is unable to roll down rear windows fully. They just roll down 90% Is it common on all Jazz?
Its for child safety.

The reasoning is that children sit in the rear. By preventing the full window from opening up, it makes it uncomfortable to keep the elbows out.
Also helps prevent kids from trying to exit from the window.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 14:12   #1857
BHPian

This is for anyone who is interested. Almost all the dealers in Mumbai have Jazz available, but in very miniscule quantity of two or three maybe.
Old 18th July 2012, 15:35   #1858
BHPian

Completed the first free service of the car. There were no issues with my car, so nothing specific to report on the service front. The bill amount was 0 . I got transparent washable mats (5 of them) for the Jazz since the mats that come with the car are not of "wet weather" type. The dealer charged 1300 for it.

Meanwhile, the wait for the elusive Jazz X kit continues. No one is willing to commit any time frame for this. According to salesperson, this is completely upto Honda and they can do nothing about this. He told me that several others are waiting for the Jazz X kit. For all my good experience with the buying process and the car itself, this strikes a sour note. I don't understand how things can be so uncertain about this kit. Surely, Honda knows how many cars are selling and how many kits to supply.

I am thinking of mailing Honda directly once I complete one month from purchase.
Old 18th July 2012, 15:59   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Meanwhile, the wait for the elusive Jazz X kit continues. No one is willing to commit any time frame for this. According to salesperson, this is completely upto Honda and they can do nothing about this. He told me that several others are waiting for the Jazz X kit. For all my good experience with the buying process and the car itself, this strikes a sour note. I don't understand how things can be so uncertain about this kit. Surely, Honda knows how many cars are selling and how many kits to supply.

I am thinking of mailing Honda directly once I complete one month from purchase.
I don't want to get that kit, but still enquired with the Honda Dealership. They said that they can get it in 15 days. Maybe 'can get in 15' is just a way of taking some sort of advance payment.
Old 19th July 2012, 14:26   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I don't want to get that kit, but still enquired with the Honda Dealership. They said that they can get it in 15 days. Maybe 'can get in 15' is just a way of taking some sort of advance payment.
I am not very much in favour of that Xkit either but i still want it.. They put a chrome grill in front which i dont like..Enough of the chrome Honda!!..But i could do with the rear spoiler!! Dont know what their problem is in supplying the x-kit!!

btw can anyone suggest the optimum tyre pressure for the Jazz, front and back?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks