Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 11:54   #1831
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I am referring to 3M Paint Protection and 3M Anti Corrosion and Rust Protection

Last edited by _Vyenky : 11th July 2012 at 11:55.
Old 11th July 2012, 12:28   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky View Post
I am referring to 3M Paint Protection
Just FYI - Team-BHP advises against the use of any paint protection coatings. Please see <http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/21800-article-must-have-accessories-your-new-car.html>
Old 11th July 2012, 13:32   #1833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post
However, it also talks about oil change every 6 months/5,000 km and visual inspection of certain components every 3 months.
The weasels keep calling every 3 months. My Jazz went for servicing at 25k, 30k and now 35k. I have decided that henceforth I will decide when to service, HASS be damned. Oil changes can be done in shorter duration anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky View Post
Change from Select to XMT has put some additional stress on bank, so I am thiinking about antirust, paint protection and if possible then seat covers. Matt set is supposed to be given by dealer.
Antirust & piant protection is pointless in my opinion.
Negotiate hard for insurance and threaten to buy elsewhere if they dont give a decent quote.
Other accessories can be delayed for a bit.
Old 11th July 2012, 16:08   #1834
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know what the engine code of the Honda Jazz is? I understand the old and new Jazz both have the exact same 1.2L engine. Is it the L12A engine?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. L12A is the iDSI engine and the Jazz is the L12B iVTEC engine.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 11th July 2012 at 16:11.
Old 11th July 2012, 16:14   #1835
BHPian

It has been close to one month now since we booked Jazz (base, UT) with Deccan Honda in Pune. The SM doesn't have any update on delivery. The promised delivery time was 60-65 days. We were earlier hoping that some order cancellation would take place and we might just get lucky. But it turns out that getting it in 60-65 days would mean we were lucky
Old 11th July 2012, 16:49   #1836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
The weasels keep calling every 3 months. My Jazz went for servicing at 25k, 30k and now 35k. I have decided that henceforth I will decide when to service, HASS be damned. Oil changes can be done in shorter duration anyway.

So we can tell them that i will give servicing only @ 6 months and not disturb warranty considering the warranty is for 4 years!? and how's the costs when giving in 3 month intervals?

Last edited by shadows123 : 11th July 2012 at 16:50.
Old 12th July 2012, 14:37   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
It has been close to one month now since we booked Jazz (base, UT) with Deccan Honda in Pune. The SM doesn't have any update on delivery. The promised delivery time was 60-65 days. We were earlier hoping that some order cancellation would take place and we might just get lucky. But it turns out that getting it in 60-65 days would mean we were lucky

Sales manager just informed that the delivery might come in August dispatch
Old 12th July 2012, 18:52   #1838
BHPian

Just took a test-drive of Jazz with Whitefield Honda, Blr. Got some interesting info from the sales guys.

1. Honda is planning to bring a jazz in 1.4 L version in 2013.
2. Honda is increasing Jazz prices by 10 K from next month.

Can someone else please confirm/deny this.
Old 12th July 2012, 20:37   #1839
Senior - BHPian

3 months service is pushed by dealers. Do not fall for it. I do 6 months/5K. I know this interval increases the service cost, but I prefer it. Keeps your car in ship shape.
Old 13th July 2012, 13:13   #1840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
Just took a test-drive of Jazz with Whitefield Honda, Blr. Got some interesting info from the sales guys.

1. Honda is planning to bring a jazz in 1.4 L version in 2013.

Hi anurag.somani,
Can't quite comment on #1, but I've heard too that they are likely increasing prices by 10K 'soon'. That could only mean August, or latest September.
Old 13th July 2012, 15:20   #1841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
So we can tell them that i will give servicing only @ 6 months and not disturb warranty considering the warranty is for 4 years!? and how's the costs when giving in 3 month intervals?
Perhaps my correspondence with Honda last year reproduced below will help on this issue of whether to go for 3months or 6 months servicing .
The emails are reproduced chronologically in ascending order so please read the last mail (at the bottom first and then go up - thanks):-
__________________________________________________ _______________
Dear Sir .
Thank you for your quick response.

Taking into consideration the fact that the last service was done on 25 July 2011 ( 4992 km) and my car has only been driven 572 kms since the last service less then 3 months ago- as per your advice I will be waiting for some more time for the stipulated 5000 kms mark.

Grateful for the guidance in these times when we have virtually given up on Honda !
Best wishes,

Sent: Monday, 17 October 2011 11:56 AM
Subject: Kind Attn:- Mr. Amit Pant
Dear Mr. Pant,

This is in reference to your communication dated 16th October, 2011.

As regards your query, we wish to inform you that periodic maintenance are scheduled keeping in mind trouble free performance of your Honda car on a long run.

We wish to inform you that based on severe driving conditions in India, periodic Maintenance at an interval of 5000km/3months is advisable. We advice our dealership to get in touch with you and facilitate you further.
For any further concern/query, please contact us at 1800-113-121or 011-39898918.

Assuring you the best of our services at all times.

Regards,

Ajay Kumar
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. ,Greater Noida

10/16/2011 12:39 PM
Please respond to

To "customer_relations@hondacarindia.com" <customer_relations@hondacarindia.com>
cc
Subject Maintenance Service Schedule

Dear Sir,
I bought my Jazz on 25 January 2010. All the free services are now over.
The IIIrd free service was done on 23/07/2010 (1961 kms).
Thereafter I 've got the following services done at the insistence of the Honda dealer within a span of one year at intervals of 3323 km and 4992 km. The last service was done on 25 July 2011 ( 4992 km). My car has only been driven 572 kms since the last service less then 3 months ago.
Now, as earlier, my dealer insists that the car should be taken for servicing, which is required to be done every 3months. When I mentioned that this does not seem to be a requirement as per service schedule in the Car manual I was told that the Manual quotes Japanese conditions and not the Indian requirement.
I am very confused since my dealer Divine Honda, Dehradun, is otherwise providing impeccable service.
Now when most cars tend to have a longer maintenance period, this strategy of (i) making us pay a hefty premium of over Rs 1.00 lakhs initially on purchase of the car and (ii) now harassing us by requiring us to take the car for servicing every 3 months is making life very difficult. As it is everyone is hard pressed for time and taking the car for service every three months is very convenient.
Please advise, do I need to dispose my car to avoid such situations ?
I do hope I get a reply to this mail. Thank you.

Last edited by amit162 : 13th July 2012 at 15:23. Reason: modifying contents/ english
Old 13th July 2012, 15:45   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162 View Post
When I mentioned that this does not seem to be a requirement as per service schedule in the Car manual I was told that the Manual quotes Japanese conditions and not the Indian requirement.
All this talk about Japanese conditions etc is a load of ...

If Indian conditions are such that servicing is required every 3 months, nothing prevents them from actually saying so in the manual. If Honda could develop the 1.2 i-VTEC specifically for India, surely they could modify one page in the manual if it was all that important, isn't it? This is worse than dealers of German car-makers making silly excuses such as "this car was designed for German conditions" when they face upto problems of poor reliability, malfunctioning ACs, etc.

As it is, the schedule is mentioned not only in the manual but also in the warranty booklet (appended to the manual). At both places, it only mentions 12 months/20,000 km. I have a feeling that older manuals may have mentioned 6 months/10,000 km. Perhaps Amit could check and confirm.
Old 13th July 2012, 18:40   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post

I just booked my Honda Jazz X from Linkway Honda and the Sales guy said that they are going to increase the price by 10K from next day. He said that it was sure luck that I was booking a day earlier or maybe it was all BS. Even on their website Honda Brio|Honda jazz|Honda City|Honda Accord|Honda Civic|Honda CRV|Honda Assure|Honda Auto Terrace|Honda Customer One2One|Honda Cars India|Honda Car Dealers, if you select Jazz/ City and the location, it gives a notification that prices are under revision and hence the Price isn't updated on the site anymore.
Old 14th July 2012, 11:57   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I just booked my Honda Jazz X from Linkway Honda and the Sales guy said that they are going to increase the price by 10K from next day. He said that it was sure luck that I was booking a day earlier or maybe it was all BS. Even on their website Honda Brio|Honda jazz|Honda City|Honda Accord|Honda Civic|Honda CRV|Honda Assure|Honda Auto Terrace|Honda Customer One2One|Honda Cars India|Honda Car Dealers, if you select Jazz/ City and the location, it gives a notification that prices are under revision and hence the Price isn't updated on the site anymore.
Hi Animesh,

For Jazz base, the website shows an updated price of Rs 599,000 (for Bangalore).
That is a cool 14 K more than in Delhi. Plus the difference in road tax makes Jazz pricier by a total of 70 K in Bangalore. So much for the excellent roads that Bangalore has got
Old 14th July 2012, 12:14   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh

Animesh, does it mean that Linkway Honda wont be making u poorer by 10k? Deccan Honda in Pune had said while booking itself that in case there is any increase in the price, we'll have to pay the difference. Can't understand though why they would increase the prices when the rise of fuel prices has anyways dampened petrol car sales. What delivery timelines have they promised?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks