Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2012, 09:42   #1816
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky;2833920
Production of Jazz is again stopped. They will [B
resume the production after rains. [/b]Dealers are informed only to sell cars from stock if available and not to take any order. My loan is also under hold and car order too.
Only after rains Honda will start production of Jazz and then again same old waiting period clearing problem......
Rains?! Where? In their Honda Thailand plant in Ayutthaya or in India? Amazing - please do email Honda, get an official reply and share it here. If it suits their particular situation, dealers relay completely erroneous and half-baked information to customers.

Fact is that Jazz is like the orphaned country cousin that Honda India never wanted. Not one Honda dealer in Bangalore shows any interest in the Jazz - its always the Brio!

If this is the way they treat their potential and new customers....
Old 10th July 2012, 10:15   #1817
BHPian

Vyenky, sad news indeed Suggest you try Hallmark Honda, Navi Mumbai - try speaking to one Mr Nitesh Thakur who sounded like a sensible person to me. My recollection is that they have a Tafetta White base Jazz and Rallye Red Jazz - X in stock, though not sure of the Jazz Select which you are looking for.

Thanks,
Rahul

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky View Post
Hallmark Honda called me today about my 1-2 month back Jazz inquiry. I have reminded them about not providing TD vehicle, the lady said "No Sir, we dont have TD vehicle, not sure when we will get it" I said then how can you ask me about what you have decided?.

Will call Linkway/Solitaire tomorrow. Was too busy in the office.
Old 10th July 2012, 10:45   #1818
Senior - BHPian

I think that basically the Jazz is a loss making proposition for Honda. They have reduced the prices to simply get rid of existing stock of components they had (the plan backfired because the Thailand floods affected the balancing components required) and thereafter will discontinue it.

They will analyse the costing of the 2013/2014 model against the pricing of the competition and then decide whether to launch it or not or continue with brio, etc. possibly with diesel.
Old 10th July 2012, 11:33   #1819
BHPian

Latest Development... I might need to shift to XMT. I might get XMT.
Old 10th July 2012, 12:16   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
I think that basically the Jazz is a loss making proposition for Honda. They have reduced the prices to simply get rid of existing stock of components they had (the plan backfired because the Thailand floods affected the balancing components required) and thereafter will discontinue it.

They will analyse the costing of the 2013/2014 model against the pricing of the competition and then decide whether to launch it or not or continue with brio, etc. possibly with diesel.
Well After the price reduction, they did introduce the 2012 model Jazz So cant really say thats the case. I think Honda are handling the promotion of Brio in a bad way by trying to downgrade its best hatchback right now, the Jazz and force people to go for Brio rather than Jazz. Jazz apparently has less profit and is not loss making by any stretch.(around 10-12K profit max per piece for the dealer from what i hear).

Quote:
Latest Development... I might need to shift to XMT. I might get XMT.
VVenky,Go for the XMT. Its got Fog lamps, Better looking front grill without the chrome, Height adjustment on the front driver's/passenger's seat and electric OVRM's compared to the Select. The X-Kit will take some time to deliver though. Havent got mine yet after a month of buying!!
Old 10th July 2012, 14:04   #1821
BHPian

Final outcome as of now is after the option of XMT option given to me, I have decided to go for it and Ralley Red XMT is alloted to me.

Since they have the vehicle in the stock. I might get it in 10 days. I have asked them to inform me as soon as vehicle is available for PDI.

Thanks to everybody for suggetions and concerns. Now one more part left is to get some accessories.
Old 10th July 2012, 16:56   #1822
BHPian

Any idea on the service intervals of Jazz anybody? After free service i mean!! Currently, the free service is once every 3 months excluding the useless first service.
Old 10th July 2012, 17:08   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Final outcome as of now is after the option of XMT option given to me, I have decided to go for it and Ralley Red XMT is alloted to me.
Congrats! have you shortlisted and prioritised your requirements for accessories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Any idea on the service intervals of Jazz anybody? After free service i mean!! Currently, the free service is once every 3 months excluding the useless first service.
3 months/ 5k kms is what HASS says.
Old 10th July 2012, 17:13   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Congrats! have you shortlisted and prioritised your requirements for accessories?

3 months really? *** ? are they trying to make up for the so called loss of revenue? And does this really impact warranty if we didnt adhere to the schedule and give for servicing once in 6 months or a year so to speak?
Old 10th July 2012, 17:51   #1825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post

Why would they facelift it with additional features for lower price if they intend to stop? I would have brought your idea if they didnt facelift it.

Jazz is a successful car in about 160 countries. Honda needs to iron out distribution issues now that the prices are sane.
Old 10th July 2012, 18:09   #1826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive
What does the manual say ? I would go by the manual when in doubt - no trusting MASS or HASS. I remember Hondas in India having a 6-month or 5K kms service interval, which itself was more frequent than others who are at 12-months / 10K kms. Reducing it to 3months is not done - why would a modern car need to be serviced every 3 months ?
Old 10th July 2012, 19:14   #1827
BHPian

Quote:

Since they have the vehicle in the stock. I might get it in 10 days. I have asked them to inform me as soon as vehicle is available for PDI.

Thanks to everybody for suggetions and concerns. Now one more part left is to get some accessories.
That's a good decision. I was shocked to see the dealer's comment about the rains . I don't think it makes sense and it look as some kind of excuse to hide the real reason.

On the other hand, XMT is good value for money. And the best part is the Rallye Red color . It looks brilliant in this color .

I feel so sad that such a brilliant car is not given the attention it requires.
Old 10th July 2012, 19:49   #1828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
3 months really? *** ? are they trying to make up for the so called loss of revenue? And does this really impact warranty if we didnt adhere to the schedule and give for servicing once in 6 months or a year so to speak?
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Reducing it to 3months is not done - why would a modern car need to be serviced every 3 months ?
I told the weasels there to stop calling me every 3 months to earn money. In any case my car is 3+ years old and enough done on it (I think) for the warranty to be gone. Henceforth, I am considering a move to a trustworthy independent garage.

I think the manual says 6 months, but I am not sure. perhaps someone can confirm this.
Old 10th July 2012, 20:38   #1829
BHPian

Change from Select to XMT has put some additional stress on bank, so I am thiinking about antirust, paint protection and if possible then seat covers. Matt set is supposed to be given by dealer.
I am pressing hard for more add ons if I can.
Old 11th July 2012, 11:35   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Change from Select to XMT has put some additional stress on bank, so I am thiinking about antirust, paint protection and if possible then seat covers. Matt set is supposed to be given by dealer.
I am pressing hard for more add ons if I can.
What paint protection are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I think the manual says 6 months, but I am not sure. perhaps someone can confirm this.
As per the manual, there are 3 free services, the last of which is at 6 months/10,000 km. The first paid service is after 12 months/20,000 km. Subsequent paid services are at intervals of 12 months/20,000 km.

However, it also talks about oil change every 6 months/5,000 km and visual inspection of certain components every 3 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks