Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 16:08   #1786
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Has anyone fitted a security system in their Jazz? The only frustrating thing in the new Jazz is lack of auto-locking . I have lost count of times I have forgotten to lock and driven off . Can anything be done?
Oh, its a bigger bummer than you think. The central locking also covers the fuel lid. So if you leave it unlocked, anyone can flick that open, unscrew the fuel lid and do what they choose to.
So please ensure you keep it locked at all times.
Old 4th July 2012, 16:23   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Oh, its a bigger bummer than you think. The central locking also covers the fuel lid. So if you leave it unlocked, anyone can flick that open, unscrew the fuel lid and do what they choose to.
So please ensure you keep it locked at all times.
I know - and that's why I am very interested in getting a security system installed. It seems tough to believe that even the dealer does not have security system to install on Jazz . All they are interested is in the reverse parking sensor and seat cover
Old 4th July 2012, 16:36   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Cancelled my booking of Jazz X. The dealer could not indicate when the delivery would happen even after 2 months of booking. In the meanwhile got delivery of Ertiga and so decided to cancel Jazz. Can't understand why Honda is unable to produce Jazz, when customers are still ready to buy Petrol car from them?
Thats surprising considering the huge pile of inventory honda dealers seem to have. Where was this? If its Bangalore, then i think the dealer was not being honest with you. There's a big list of new cars lying around everywhere.
Old 4th July 2012, 16:41   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Thats surprising considering the huge pile of inventory honda dealers seem to have. Where was this? If its Bangalore, then i think the dealer was not being honest with you. There's a big list of new cars lying around everywhere.
No this was in Gurgaon. The dealer still claims there is shortage of parts for Jazz.
Old 4th July 2012, 17:40   #1790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No this was in Gurgaon. The dealer still claims there is shortage of parts for Jazz.
What has shortage of parts (even if assumed to be true) got to do with status of your booking? If you booked a car with Honda, they could also allot a car from another nearby location to this dealership.
Isnt there any other Honda dealer you can contact to get things moving?
Old 4th July 2012, 17:49   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
What has shortage of parts (even if assumed to be true) got to do with status of your booking? If you booked a car with Honda, they could also allot a car from another nearby location to this dealership.
What he claims is that production of Jazz X has reduced and hence deliveries are not happening. He was willing to offer me base version, but I wanted the X version only.
Old 5th July 2012, 15:37   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
..... If you booked a car with Honda, they could also allot a car from another nearby location to this dealership.
Hello Selfdrive,

I actually took TDs at Dakshin for City CE and Jazz Select in 1st week of April this year when I was in India. SA told me City CE had > 4.5 months waiting period and Jazz Select is something around 4 months as per their waiting list then. (My requirement is to get the car delivered in August when I am back for good).

Nevertheless, I didnot want to straight away book a car just because I had time, rather utilise the time in between to take a deep-drill on other considerations (like Sunny, Duster, Xylo, Vento and Figo) too.

To play safe, I wrote an email to the dealer at Mysore (Inspire Honda) if they had similar waiting periods. They replied that they had almost ready stock / much lesser waiting periods. When I asked them if they would be willing to transfer the car to Dakshin, they denied. They on the other hand suggested me that if I were able to provide a Mysore address proof, they can invoice it on my name directly. They also said that they are not allowed by Honda to invoice a car for Bangalore as there are other Authorised dealers for that region.

Is it a common practise if another dealer from the same Indian State had stock, they can transfer it to other cities in the same State where there is more demand? Is there any "Good-Will" or financial benefits such dealers get in return?

P.S: I still have around 2 months for my return, but don't want to freeze and book a car right now. I am still at a deep-drill with my actual choices + some more analysis in "preowned" Sedans segment as advised by GTO. Will be booking only when physically present in India and am eager to face the "Wait" for any selected car
Old 5th July 2012, 16:05   #1793
BHPian

At last I have started my Jazz Mission. Submitted all the documents to Kotak Mahindra executive. He has promised me to get the loan approved in flat 3 days.

I will be paying my share amount to dealer on saturday. I have been promised delivery period of 3-4 weeks. I am opting for Select model Rallye Red colour. I am also trying to get some accessories with it.
Old 5th July 2012, 16:41   #1794
BHPian

Congratulations Vyenky! Was it from Hallmark Honda, Thane? How much is the on-road price working out to and did you get any dealer discounts?

Thanks,
Rahul

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky View Post
At last I have started my Jazz Mission. Submitted all the documents to Kotak Mahindra executive. He has promised me to get the loan approved in flat 3 days.

I will be paying my share amount to dealer on saturday. I have been promised delivery period of 3-4 weeks. I am opting for Select model Rallye Red colour. I am also trying to get some accessories with it.
Old 5th July 2012, 16:43   #1795
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations Vyenky , Rally Red is the color for Jazz . Hope you get the car ASAP
Old 5th July 2012, 17:22   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Is it a common practise if another dealer from the same Indian State had stock, they can transfer it to other cities in the same State where there is more demand? Is there any "Good-Will" or financial benefits such dealers get in return?
No, its not common practice per se. Usually if its the same dealer they would oblige. or if they have too many pending stocks.
Perhaps you can contact someone in Honda directly and see if they can help organise this.
Please also add the Ecosport to your list. I was in a similar dilemma in terms of car buying in early 2011 before returning to India. It will be fine as long as you keep updating your list and have lots of TDs when you return. We are of course around for you to bounce your ideas/ questions.

Quote:
What he claims is that production of Jazz X has reduced and hence deliveries are not happening. He was willing to offer me base version, but I wanted the X version only.
I think there is someone here who brought home the base version and then got the X kit later. That is a great idea too and you dont have to compromise on a car that you have to live with later.

Quote:
Congrats @_Vyenky, please take a camera with you for delivery time. many of us forget that
Old 5th July 2012, 17:31   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Selfdrive,

I actually took TDs at Dakshin for City CE and Jazz Select in 1st week of April this year when I was in India. SA told me City CE had > 4.5 months waiting period and Jazz Select is something around 4 months as per their waiting list then. (My requirement is to get the car delivered in August when I am back for good).

Nevertheless, I didnot want to straight away book a car just because I had time, rather utilise the time in between to take a deep-drill on other considerations (like Sunny, Duster, Xylo, Vento and Figo) too.

To play safe, I wrote an email to the dealer at Mysore (Inspire Honda) if they had similar waiting periods. They replied that they had almost ready stock / much lesser waiting periods. When I asked them if they would be willing to transfer the car to Dakshin, they denied. They on the other hand suggested me that if I were able to provide a Mysore address proof, they can invoice it on my name directly. They also said that they are not allowed by Honda to invoice a car for Bangalore as there are other Authorised dealers for that region.

P.S: I still have around 2 months for my return, but don't want to freeze and book a car right now. I am still at a deep-drill with my actual choices + some more analysis in "preowned" Sedans segment as advised by GTO. Will be booking only when physically present in India and am eager to face the "Wait" for any selected car
Hey. Check Magnum Honda in kanakpura Road. They have inventories ready for delivery and you should be able to get any vehicle based on your convenience. I was there for servicing just last week and if you go to their showroom, then you'l know what i am talking about after seeing the huge pile of new cars lying around...
Old 5th July 2012, 17:34   #1798
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats Vyenky. Ralleye Red is just stunning on the Jazz.
Old 5th July 2012, 18:20   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Please also add the Ecosport to your list. I was in a similar dilemma in terms of car buying in early 2011 before returning to India. It will be fine as long as you keep updating your list and have lots of TDs when you return. We are of course around for you to bounce your ideas/ questions.
Thank you for the kind words Selfdrive, its always a pleasure to be around here at TeamBHP, with all you guys around sharing the same passion! I am sure that I will end-up with an excellent & logical choice with all your suggestions. Eagerly looking forward for the day when I would start my detailed "Ownership Report".

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Hey. Check Magnum Honda in kanakpura Road. They have inventories ready for delivery and you should be able to get any vehicle based on your convenience. I was there for servicing just last week and if you go to their showroom, then you'l know what i am talking about after seeing the huge pile of new cars lying around...
This is good info Shadows123! If my choice is going to be a "New Petrol", it is undoubtedly the Jazz Select UT. I am just fishing out all other possible options in Diesels. I shall let you know once I finalise - may be we shall meet the Magnum guys together for the initial haggles
Old 5th July 2012, 18:39   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the kind words Selfdrive, its always a pleasure to be around here at TeamBHP, with all you guys around sharing the same passion! I am sure that I will end-up with an excellent & logical choice with all your suggestions. Eagerly looking forward for the day when I would start my detailed "Ownership Report".

This is good info Shadows123! If my choice is going to be a "New Petrol", it is undoubtedly the Jazz Select UT. I am just fishing out all other possible options in Diesels. I shall let you know once I finalise - may be we shall meet the Magnum guys together for the initial haggles
ya the sales person in Magnum are knowledgeable and friendly However, the only TD vehicle they have is their manager's personal vehicle 2009 model Jazz. So if you're there just for checking the display vehicle and booking then you can go there directly. It's opposite Metro cash and carry on Kanakpura main road, impossible to miss, its a huge campus. They can give you a 2012 model TD only within their campus which doesnt give you much info about the driving aspects. However if you indeed want a TD, just call their dealership and ask for a TD and they'l get you their manager's car to your place(which is what happened for me). If you want any further help, PM me.
The dealers are pretty stingy about discounts ....although they are willing to give huge discounts on Brio and the City.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks