Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2012, 20:12   #1771
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

That is sad. Were you not promised the kit around 8th July? Hallmark Honda, Navi Mumbai certainly seem to have some quirks - when I inquired, I was told that they do not keep the base Jazz (S), and only sell Jazz Select and Jazz X!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Does anyone know if there is security system which is installed by the dealership itself - without voiding warranty ? I enquired in Hallmark Honda and there is a lot hemming and hawing going on with those guys. No confirmations yet.

update on X-Kit : Am gonna get it by end of July it seems
Old 29th June 2012, 22:03   #1772
BHPian

@rkurup

I also got the same answer from Arya Honda Bhandup that Base version is not available anymore.

Although I have called Honda Customer Care and the person said, the production of Base version is very less and they still have large number of backlog orders for base version.
_Vyenky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 22:54   #1773
BHPian

if one reads in the very start of this thread, Jazz is more heavier than the palio. More horsepower. It is bound to be thirsty. its bacause of the H badge that, people are making a bee line for the car, else it would have ended up like the palio.
Old 30th June 2012, 00:13   #1774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
if one reads in the very start of this thread, Jazz is more heavier than the palio. More horsepower. It is bound to be thirsty. its bacause of the H badge that, people are making a bee line for the car, else it would have ended up like the palio.
I guess you must read more on why buyers went for the Jazz even at the atrocious price it sold at earlier. The car is brought for its practical nature, good build etc. Ofcourse the H badge adds to the snob value. Now the car is VFM, so more buyers will go for it.

I am not defending the car since I own it. Palio is not a fair comparision to the Jazz in FE, build, interiors etc.
Old 30th June 2012, 15:53   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkurup
That is sad. Were you not promised the kit around 8th July? Hallmark Honda, Navi Mumbai certainly seem to have some quirks - when I inquired, I was told that they do not keep the base Jazz (S), and only sell Jazz Select and Jazz X!
Yes that's true , but I guess Jazz base is not available anywhere . Regarding the x kit , again same situation as most others who have bought recently
Old 2nd July 2012, 09:35   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
My friend bought an Urban-Titanium (looks sexy IMO) Jazz couple weeks ago and having travelled in it a bit, I just love the car - especially the magic seats.
Coming to the FE part, I was thumbing through the Jazz' manual & saw that it has a Low Fuel Indicator (LFI) come up when the remaining petrol in the tank is like 8litres or so.
I think it is a brilliant tool to use to measure FE. Drive till the LFI comes up, set trip meter to zero, continue driving and when filling fuel, make a note of the litres you put in.
At next LFI, divide the tripmeter reading by the litres put in.

BTW his car's MID is showing ~13kmpl average city FE in Chennai with a/c on always. I would guess he gets atleast 12kmpl (factoring in +/- 1kmpl as possible error) - but he
is yet to do a tankful-to-tankful check or an LFI-to-LFI check. I would think, given the Jazz' weight and engine, it should give around 12kmpl in city conditions with a/c on.
So either there is something wrong in the way you are measuring or the pump is cheating or the car has an issue.

Do you monitor the fuelling process or sit in the car while fuelling is happening? If it is the latter, I would suggest you get out and make sure they are not cheating.
Also no need to use Speed/power etc - most manufacturers advise against using these fuels and I am sure Honda also does.
Jazz gives around 11-12 in the city for the whole of 1 month i've owned the car and around 15-16 on the highway. Guess it should increase post service and once the engine gets set so to speak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Folks, is the "Long" waiting period for new Jazz still applicable in Bangalore?

The last news I had from Dakshin (in April 2012) was that it may take 4 months for a new Jazz Select.

Any recent check with Dakshin / Magnum?? Does the same trend continue?
Go to Magnum . You will get the Select or X immediately(Base not sold). Guess they don't have any waiting this season or they can get it done for you asap(mention it as one of your requirements). The only problem in Magnum is no discounts!!! I got mine in like 3 days but collected it only after a week.
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:53   #1777
BHPian

Has anyone fitted a security system in their Jazz? The only frustrating thing in the new Jazz is lack of auto-locking . I have lost count of times I have forgotten to lock and driven off . Can anything be done?
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:17   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone fitted a security system in their Jazz? The only frustrating thing in the new Jazz is lack of auto-locking . I have lost count of times I have forgotten to lock and driven off . Can anything be done?
apparently you cant!! Manual Locking is the way to go it seems!!! Takes a while to get used to it but its not a big deal imho!!

and No i havent fitted a security system. How much is the dealer quoting for it?
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:39   #1779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
apparently you cant!! Manual Locking is the way to go it seems!!! Takes a while to get used to it but its not a big deal imho!!

and No i havent fitted a security system. How much is the dealer quoting for it?
Well thats indeed a bummer - so, I guess no way but to get used to it. Dealer is not confirming on this so my guess is they are wondering how to say "no" . It's something i can get used to , but seems to be a very basic feature miss from Honda.

So, i guess it is the reverse parking sensor for me then .
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:56   #1780
BHPian

How much are they quoting for the reverse parking sensor? Hope you continue to not have any GC issues. Eagerly awaiting your ownership thread!

Thanks,
Rahul

Quote:
Well thats indeed a bummer - so, I guess no way but to get used to it. Dealer is not confirming on this so my guess is they are wondering how to say "no" . It's something i can get used to , but seems to be a very basic feature miss from Honda.

Old 2nd July 2012, 16:05   #1781
BHPian

Quote:

Well the auto door locking isn't such a big problem per se. Can get used to it. Moreover if the doors arent closed properly, there is an indication on the digital meter which works for me!!!
Old 2nd July 2012, 19:13   #1782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkurup View Post
How much are they quoting for the reverse parking sensor? Hope you continue to not have any GC issues. Eagerly awaiting your ownership thread!

Thanks,
Rahul
Dealer is quoting 6.5k for the mirror parking sensor (non camera). No GC issues so far. Ownership thread will be up by this weekend . Have already clicked loads of snaps
Peregrine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:14   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer is quoting 6.5k for the mirror parking sensor (non camera). No GC issues so far. Ownership thread will be up by this weekend . Have already clicked loads of snaps
Dealer quoted 3.5K for reverse parking sensor when i bought the car. But i decided to skip it coz i found it useless

First Servicing done @ 1K kms. Cost 0 Rs. Decided to go for a anti rust coat. Don't know why i did that come to think of it
Old 4th July 2012, 15:42   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos View Post
I have checked the 3D kagu mats for the Jazz here in Bangalore. Beware, the 3D maxspider mats sold in bangalore will not fit the Jazz as they are for the 2001 - 2008 make Jazz. You can check this on the label which is on the mat itself. I am attaching the catalog for the 3D mats, check the difference in the shape of the mats. The one in the bottom left in the picture is the one sold in Bangalore which is for the 2001 - 2008 make Jazz.
Just checking on this again. Is there a major difference between the two (2001 -08) & later ?. Was searching in many places in chennai, but they all say, the 2001-08 is the only thing they get imported ?.

Googled as well - don't see much information on later version of 3D Kagu Mats. Do not want to rush & get the older version - if there is a new one available !

Anyone throw some light please.
Old 4th July 2012, 15:51   #1785
BHPian

Cancelled my booking of Jazz X. The dealer could not indicate when the delivery would happen even after 2 months of booking. In the meanwhile got delivery of Ertiga and so decided to cancel Jazz. Can't understand why Honda is unable to produce Jazz, when customers are still ready to buy Petrol car from them?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks