Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2012, 08:22   #1756
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Unless you plan to integrate GPS into the music system, dont worry about warranty. I use the mapmyindia VX140 device. Works well for me. It cost Rs 9900. Its a stand alone device, no connection with the car, you use the charging port only.

I would avoid that and go in for a custom fit cover. Heard Haiton does a good job. I got my steering cover from them. My seat covers are from Gsport bangalore supplied from Adamjee. They fit well.
If this cost comes to 10K, then might as well go with the Honda showroom GPS of 11K or 11900 which will be integrated with the music system and have bluetooth facility, don't you think?
Old 28th June 2012, 10:28   #1757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123

If this cost comes to 10K, then might as well go with the Honda showroom GPS of 11K or 11900 which will be integrated with the music system and have bluetooth facility, don't you think?
Hey, that's much better, but I didn't know that we had that option in India!! Is it the same navigation device that Honda sells outside India for the Jazz/Fit?? That would be lovely!
Old 28th June 2012, 16:23   #1758
BHPian

Does anyone know if there is security system which is installed by the dealership itself - without voiding warranty ? I enquired in Hallmark Honda and there is a lot hemming and hawing going on with those guys. No confirmations yet.

update on X-Kit : Am gonna get it by end of July it seems
Old 28th June 2012, 16:59   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
Hey, that's much better, but I didn't know that we had that option in India!! Is it the same navigation device that Honda sells outside India for the Jazz/Fit?? That would be lovely!
Its from mapmyIndia so guess its not the same as the international version!!!
Old 29th June 2012, 00:39   #1760
BHPian

hey all, one of my friend who was looking to book a jazz got a call today from Dakshin Honda in Bangalore stating that there is an offer running currently for Jazz. they are offering free insurance!
Anybody got similar calls from dealers ?
Old 29th June 2012, 10:09   #1761
BHPian

I got the X-kit installed 2 days ago. Apex Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Does anyone know if there is security system which is installed by the dealership itself - without voiding warranty ? I enquired in Hallmark Honda and there is a lot hemming and hawing going on with those guys. No confirmations yet.

update on X-Kit : Am gonna get it by end of July it seems
Old 29th June 2012, 10:14   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos View Post
hey all, one of my friend who was looking to book a jazz got a call today from Dakshin Honda in Bangalore stating that there is an offer running currently for Jazz. they are offering free insurance!
Anybody got similar calls from dealers ?
Lucky person. If he's looking for a Jazz, book it when the offer's still there!!! Looks like Honda is finally waking up to the Jazz by giving offers !!
Old 29th June 2012, 10:47   #1763
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Fuel efficiency

How does one increase the fuel efficiency for the Jazz? Now, Jazz owners have reported city+90-100% AC FEs at anywhere from 12-14 kmpl! Compare that to mine, hovering at around 9-8 kmpl. Mine has already been to its first service, so the run-in period is over.

What are the sure-shot ways (or hygiene factors) to increase it? Some details about the car use are below:-

-No, we are yet to master the turning off of the ignition at stop-lights, especially, since none of the signals on our route have a timer, but that is still on our to-do list.

-We have the AC on all the time...

-We have avoided peak hour traffic so far, except for 3-4 times, may be. We travel during 7:30-8:00 in the morning and 5-6:30 in the evening. We drive in the morning while the pro takes over on the return journey.

-Driven around equally by newbie drivers and a pro, who tends to speed and upshift very quickly. The newbie drivers, ie. us, tend to upshift late...and inadvertently, rev (but never over 3k) every now and then as a result. At times, we could be lugging the engine too. But not often. The newbies have not gone above 60 kmpl very often.

No matter how basic or Jazz-specific, please help me with suggestions to increase the mileage for the car. Since, we know our Jazz can do better. Or, is there a possibility of there being something wrong with the car itself?
Old 29th June 2012, 12:44   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esskay08 View Post
No matter how basic or Jazz-specific, please help me with suggestions to increase the mileage for the car. Since, we know our Jazz can do better. Or, is there a possibility of there being something wrong with the car itself?
I would suggest you go through the below thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...fficiency.html

It is a bit long (40 pages) but has lot of tips on getting good fuel economy.
All experiences of fellow team-bhp members are invaluable and can help in changing the driving style if necessary
Old 29th June 2012, 12:51   #1765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrtz125 View Post
I would suggest you go through the below thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...fficiency.html...has lot of tips on getting good fuel economy.
Thanks kbrtz125, but I did go through that thread even before buying the car. Keeping that in mind, I have listed out our usage, which is geared towards fuel efficiency. That is why I am a bit puzzled with our Jazz's low mileage.

Even with our beginner's skills, we still upshift at 1,500-2,000 rpm, so even that is answered for...
Old 29th June 2012, 16:01   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esskay08 View Post
Thanks kbrtz125, but I did go through that thread even before buying the car. Keeping that in mind, I have listed out our usage, which is geared towards fuel efficiency. That is why I am a bit puzzled with our Jazz's low mileage.

Even with our beginner's skills, we still upshift at 1,500-2,000 rpm, so even that is answered for...
How have you measured the FE? If it the electronic readout, its very possible that its broken. 8 - 9 KMPL is definitely very low. Even my iVtec City gives me 13.5 kmpl with AC and I do drive spiritedly time and again. Getting 13 - 14 Kmpl from a Jazz should be easy, and you musnt need to deprive yourself off the fun of driving.

Get the car checked.

PS: It could have something to do with the quality of petrol. Try a change of petrol pumps to a Company Owned Company Operated one.
Old 29th June 2012, 16:20   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod332002 View Post
How have you measured the FE? If it the electronic readout, its very possible that its broken. 8 - 9 KMPL is definitely very low. Even my iVtec City gives me 13.5 kmpl with AC and I do drive spiritedly time and again. Getting 13 - 14 Kmpl from a Jazz should be easy, and you musnt need to deprive yourself off the fun of driving.

Get the car checked.

PS: It could have something to do with the quality of petrol. Try a change of petrol pumps to a Company Owned Company Operated one.
Yes, it is a little bit worrying. No, we are not going by the dashboard but tank to tank estimates. I might as well ask, what is the proper method of measuring FE without the help of the gizmos in the car? Anything particular to keep in mind for measuring one tankful to the next?

As for petrol pumps, we have been filling up at the first left-hand-side pump (HP) once we cross SiddhiVinayak, northbound. This is also the one mentioned in the list of good pumps by Bhpians, including GTO. So, not much scope for error in this regard either.
Should I look at using the Speed/Power variants instead of regular unleaded petrol? Is that what everyone uses in their Jazzes and Cities?
Old 29th June 2012, 17:43   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esskay08

Yes, it is a little bit worrying. No, we are not going by the dashboard but tank to tank estimates. I might as well ask, what is the proper method of measuring FE without the help of the gizmos in the car? Anything particular to keep in mind for measuring one tankful to the next?

As for petrol pumps, we have been filling up at the first left-hand-side pump (HP) once we cross SiddhiVinayak, northbound. This is also the one mentioned in the list of good pumps by Bhpians, including GTO. So, not much scope for error in this regard either.
Should I look at using the Speed/Power variants instead of regular unleaded petrol? Is that what everyone uses in their Jazzes and Cities?
Looks like you have the basics covered then. Remember to fill the tank till the auto cut off point. No more. And use the dispensed fuel quantity in your calculations. One way or another your car needs to be checked. Do report back on what was identified as the problem.

Out of curiosity, what does the dashboard show?

Last edited by vinod332002 : 29th June 2012 at 17:45.
Old 29th June 2012, 19:04   #1769
BHPian

Folks, is the "Long" waiting period for new Jazz still applicable in Bangalore?

The last news I had from Dakshin (in April 2012) was that it may take 4 months for a new Jazz Select.

Any recent check with Dakshin / Magnum?? Does the same trend continue?
Old 29th June 2012, 19:57   #1770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we are not going by the dashboard but tank to tank estimates. I might as well ask, what is the proper method of measuring FE without the help of the gizmos in the car? Anything particular to keep in mind for measuring one tankful to the next?
My friend bought an Urban-Titanium (looks sexy IMO) Jazz couple weeks ago and having travelled in it a bit, I just love the car - especially the magic seats.
Coming to the FE part, I was thumbing through the Jazz' manual & saw that it has a Low Fuel Indicator (LFI) come up when the remaining petrol in the tank is like 8litres or so.
I think it is a brilliant tool to use to measure FE. Drive till the LFI comes up, set trip meter to zero, continue driving and when filling fuel, make a note of the litres you put in.
At next LFI, divide the tripmeter reading by the litres put in.

BTW his car's MID is showing ~13kmpl average city FE in Chennai with a/c on always. I would guess he gets atleast 12kmpl (factoring in +/- 1kmpl as possible error) - but he
is yet to do a tankful-to-tankful check or an LFI-to-LFI check. I would think, given the Jazz' weight and engine, it should give around 12kmpl in city conditions with a/c on.
So either there is something wrong in the way you are measuring or the pump is cheating or the car has an issue.

Quote:
As for petrol pumps, we have been filling up at the first left-hand-side pump (HP) once we cross SiddhiVinayak, northbound. Should I look at using the Speed/Power variants instead of regular unleaded petrol?
Do you monitor the fuelling process or sit in the car while fuelling is happening? If it is the latter, I would suggest you get out and make sure they are not cheating.
Also no need to use Speed/power etc - most manufacturers advise against using these fuels and I am sure Honda also does.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 29th June 2012 at 20:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks