Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2012, 14:11   #1741
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I had a recent claim to get a dent fixed on my Jazz. This ran across the left side and covered the rear bumper. The insurance I had was from Oriental Insurance.

So I asked Crystal Honda for a quote and they said around 20K of which insurance will cover only around 11K. Apparently either the bumper work or the left rear door panel would be covered by insurance and the rest to be borne by me. I checked with our friendly neighbourhood garage and got and estimate of 11K (panel and bumper), of which 9K to be reimbursed by insurance claim.

The paint job is a perfect match and this guy did a wonderful job. The only downside is that this insurance policy is not cashless and I need to pay first and collect later. This is still ok for me as I am saving at least 40 - 45% over a similar Honda Assure policy premium. And I am sure you will get better deals online based on your requirements.

So I would not go for Honda assure shield (this is more needed for manufacturers like Skoda I think!) and I am not getting my cars repaired from HASS either. Hopefully no more such repairs

feel free to PM for any details
Doesnt this void your warranty selfdrive since Honda are pretty particular about not getting anything changed by others during warranty?
Old 25th June 2012, 14:27   #1742
BHPian

I have finally got my hands on the Rallye Red Jazz X. Pictures and Review coming soon !!

So, today was my first drive of the Jazz to my office. The Thane - Belapur road (my daily commute) is littered with several big looking speed breakers . I approached each of them with my heart in my mouth and found out (to my immense relief) , that Jazz cleared all of them without scraping

So far, my biggest worry with Jazz was on the GC and it seems to be holding up fine for the last 3 days. Let us see what the drive back to my home has in store .
Peregrine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 14:29   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I have finally got my hands on the Rallye Red Jazz X. Pictures and Review coming soon !!

So, today was my first drive of the Jazz to my office. The Thane - Belapur road (my daily commute) is littered with several big looking speed breakers . I approached each of them with my heart in my mouth and found out (to my immense relief) , that Jazz cleared all of them without scraping

So far, my biggest worry with Jazz was on the GC and it seems to be holding up fine for the last 3 days. Let us see what the drive back to my home has in store .
Peregrine, Congrats on your new car. The GC with the Jazz seems to be an issue only when the car's fully loaded. I had no problems with speed breakers when there were only 2 people in the car. When it became 5, there was a problem and you have to be extra careful when approaching speed breakers.

btw when are you getting your X-kit? any dates given?
Old 25th June 2012, 14:33   #1744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Peregrine, Congrats on your new car. The GC with the Jazz seems to be an issue only when the car's fully loaded. I had no problems with speed breakers when there were only 2 people in the car. When it became 5, there was a problem and you have to be extra careful when approaching speed breakers.

btw when are you getting your X-kit? any dates given?
Well, the dealer here has promised the delivery of X-kit by July 10th, so let us see. Dealer has been good in terms of keeping to deadlines so far.
Old 25th June 2012, 15:00   #1745
BHPian

Quote:

Peregrine, congratulations on your prized possession; it is indeed a dream car. One which I hope to buy sometime soon . I too live in Navi Mumbai and would like to know about your experience with Hallmark Honda. All the best with your beauty.

Regards,
Rahul
Old 25th June 2012, 15:35   #1746
BHPian

I was promised mine on May 15th

Quote:
Well, the dealer here has promised the delivery of X-kit by July 10th, so let us see. Dealer has been good in terms of keeping to deadlines so far.
Old 25th June 2012, 17:20   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
I had a recent claim to get a dent fixed on my Jazz. This ran across the left side and covered the rear bumper. The insurance I had was from Oriental Insurance.

So I asked Crystal Honda for a quote and they said around 20K of which insurance will cover only around 11K. Apparently either the bumper work or the left rear door panel would be covered by insurance and the rest to be borne by me. I checked with our friendly neighbourhood garage and got and estimate of 11K (panel and bumper), of which 9K to be reimbursed by insurance claim.

The paint job is a perfect match and this guy did a wonderful job. The only downside is that this insurance policy is not cashless and I need to pay first and collect later. This is still ok for me as I am saving at least 40 - 45% over a similar Honda Assure policy premium. And I am sure you will get better deals online based on your requirements.

So I would not go for Honda assure shield (this is more needed for manufacturers like Skoda I think!) and I am not getting my cars repaired from HASS either. Hopefully no more such repairs

feel free to PM for any details
I checked with an agent of New India. He gave me a quotation of 19000/- against that of 21600/- by HA. Not much difference. I was hoping for 5-6k of difference. Also, New India is not cashless. However, i'm still looking for competitive quotes from other insurance cos which may be cashless too.
Old 25th June 2012, 17:20   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkurup View Post
Peregrine, congratulations on your prized possession; it is indeed a dream car. One which I hope to buy sometime soon . I too live in Navi Mumbai and would like to know about your experience with Hallmark Honda. All the best with your beauty.

Regards,
Rahul
Sure, overall experience was quite good. I must say that it is quite professional and they followed a very structured process and were good with follow ups. Delivery was as per schedule and no issues otherwise.

Only hitch was about the test drive - they dont have TD Jazz available and I had to wait almost for a week to get a TD.
Peregrine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 19:20   #1749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doesnt this void your warranty selfdrive since Honda are pretty particular about not getting anything changed by others during warranty?
Lets see. Its a 3 year old car done 35K kms. and considering my future plans, I think that warranty bit is not something I would worry about. I dont intend to sell the car anytime soon as long as I am in India anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
I checked with an agent of New India. He gave me a quotation of 19000/- against that of 21600/- by HA. Not much difference. I was hoping for 5-6k of difference. Also, New India is not cashless. However, i'm still looking for competitive quotes from other insurance cos which may be cashless too.
Please save yourself trouble and look at this site
www.policybazaar.com

Disclaimer: I am not associated with this site in any way. Just providing the link as a useful one.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 08:41   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Lets see. Its a 3 year old car done 35K kms. and considering my future plans, I think that warranty bit is not something I would worry about. I dont intend to sell the car anytime soon as long as I am in India anyway.

www.policybazaar.com

Disclaimer: I am not associated with this site in any way. Just providing the link as a useful one.
I was planning to install a GPS on my Jazz. The Honda dealer is charging me 11900 for a MAPmyIndia GPS with bluetooth connectivity. Is it worth it? I am a bit pessimistic about getting it done outside for the fear of warranty violation considering its just a 1 month old car. Any ideas?
Old 26th June 2012, 12:44   #1751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was planning to install a GPS on my Jazz. The Honda dealer is charging me 11900 for a MAPmyIndia GPS with bluetooth connectivity. Is it worth it? I am a bit pessimistic about getting it done outside for the fear of warranty violation considering its just a 1 month old car. Any ideas?
I am not aware if a GPS unit installation would void your warranty, but better get it confirmed from reliable sources in Honda and get it in writing. Not from someone at the dealer who wants to sell you a GPS unit.

by the way, wouldnt it be more convenient for you to use maps on a smartphone instead or something like Waze? There is a separate thread here on Waze, do go through that before you spend on a GPS unit.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 20:42   #1752
BHPian

Heard from Capital Honda that they provide seat Cover accessory for 7.5k for Jazz. Has anybody bought from them? What is the quality and fit like?
Old 27th June 2012, 19:13   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unless you plan to integrate GPS into the music system, dont worry about warranty. I use the mapmyindia VX140 device. Works well for me. It cost Rs 9900. Its a stand alone device, no connection with the car, you use the charging port only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Heard from Capital Honda that they provide seat Cover accessory for 7.5k for Jazz. Has anybody bought from them? What is the quality and fit like?
I would avoid that and go in for a custom fit cover. Heard Haiton does a good job. I got my steering cover from them. My seat covers are from Gsport bangalore supplied from Adamjee. They fit well.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 27th June 2012 at 19:15.
Old 27th June 2012, 19:40   #1754
BANNED

Quote:
www.policybazaar.com

Could Be OT IMO : -
A Small advice wrt to policy bazaar.com

They are good wrt to comparing various options and getting a idea on final quote but their prices are Very high . So best bet is to get various quotes from them , compare them with each other and renew the insurance online with the preferred company directly . I saved Around 2-3 K while i was renewing Insurance of my car some 1 month back & got additional covers which policy bazaar guys were not ready to give me.

point is Simple : - policy bazar is just like a insurance agent , who has a commission tied to the policy , off course it;s the customer like us who pays that. you are saving that commission while you deal directly with insurance company & The company;s generally don;t deny any extra rider you wish to take along with policy.
Old 27th June 2012, 19:59   #1755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
point is Simple : - policy bazar is just like a insurance agent , who has a commission tied to the policy , off course it;s the customer like us who pays that. you are saving that commission while you deal directly with insurance company & The company;s generally don;t deny any extra rider you wish to take along with policy.
yes I should have clarified that. In a way it is similar to other websites for, say, air ticket bookings.
Its a good place to know what other offers are available. Sometimes even the quotes offered online will change later during processing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks