Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2012, 21:49   #1726
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but what are 3D mats?
What are the benefits over the normal mats?

Hope this helps!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...kagu-mats.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 04:13   #1727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201

Forgive my ignorance, but what are 3D mats?
What are the benefits over the normal mats?
They a dish shaped mats which are specifically designed for each type of vehicle.do a search on Kagu 3D mats for you car and you will see.
Old 18th June 2012, 12:31   #1728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
Guys, I'm being offered Jazz custom fit 3D Kagu mats for Rs. 4500. Is it reasonable? Is it important to get mats, as there are already carpets in the car?
Some mats have this weird fitting issue of getting the foot pedals (A/B/C) stuck. Please ensure whatever mats you instal dont have this problem.
Or are rectified by altering the part that comes directly under the pedals.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 21:49   #1729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esskay08 View Post
Congrats Abhi I am a bit green at seeing a Honda vendor giving away freebies on the Jazz, that also the base model! When I was in the market a couple of months back, they acted as if they were doing us a favour by selling the Jazz. Not to mention, the base model was plain unavailable. But then, we had already set our eyes on the Jazz, so was not a deal-breaker and we ended up with the Select, albeit overshooting our budget But had no inkling a simple parcel tray would cost so much...may be you could get a non-OEM one from elsewhere?
Even the OEM parcel tray might not be a right fit for Base version. While i am yet to take a complete view of the Base model, the parcel tray covers ( with some gap still - you can spot it in my ownership report), only when the seat is in reclined position in the Select Model. So without reclined position in Base model, not sure how its going to work. I think the tray positioning slots would anyways be there. So please check this out.

Quote:
Guys, I'm being offered Jazz custom fit 3D Kagu mats for Rs. 4500. Is it reasonable? Is it important to get mats, as there are already carpets in the car?
I had gone for PVC covering of the floor for about 3k after which the carpet mats provided would itself suffice except for rains. however i need velcro strips to keep the mats attached to the pvc floor. And ofcourse rubber mats for Rainy season.

Last edited by vigneshA : 18th June 2012 at 21:54.
Old 19th June 2012, 13:27   #1730
BHPian

Hi guys,

Could any Jazz owner give their input on the Rear seat recline feature on Select model during long drives.. Is it a good enough reason to choose Select over the Base.

And what is the waiting list like in Chennai area?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
D
Old 19th June 2012, 14:12   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5
Hi guys,

Could any Jazz owner give their input on the Rear seat recline feature on Select model during long drives.. Is it a good enough reason to choose Select over the Base.
Cheers,
Although I haven't been on any long drives yet, nor have I had the pleasure of sitting in the back, my co-passengers have definitely found the reclined state more comfortable to sit, compared to a rigid upright position!
adroit_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 23:48   #1732
Senior - BHPian

The brackets that hold the rear parcel tray seems to have issues. I have removed the tray and do not hear any sounds now. But a small cling can be heard from inside the seats, my only irritant with the car after 15K kms.
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:55   #1733
BHPian

Hi,

I know there is a separate thread for Insurance / Honda Assure but posting it here as I've received some timely and well meant advices from few people here. Counting on their advice once again
Deccan Honda (in Pune) is charging me 22k for Honda Assure. I was advised by a friend to get my insurance from outside (Tata AIG, BA etc). While I understand that it'll result in some much desired saving for us, I was a littel doubtful about the treatment given by other Insurance cos. at the time of claim.
Also, what kind of attitude do service center guys have if we don't have Honda Assure?
Old 23rd June 2012, 07:54   #1734
BHPian

Quote:
Although I haven't been on any long drives yet, nor have I had the pleasure of sitting in the back, my co-passengers have definitely found the reclined state more comfortable to sit, compared to a rigid upright position!
Thanks adriot_91 for your valuable inputs.

No, neither do i have any intention on using the rear bench.
Jus wondering if it ll make any difference for my mum who refuses to travel in a hatchback (hatch-o-phobia)!

Goin for a TD today, if all goes well, i shall join the proud Jazz owners club soon!!

Cheers!
Old 23rd June 2012, 09:57   #1735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Jus wondering if it ll make any difference for my mum who refuses to travel in a hatchback (hatch-o-phobia)!
All the best! I really hope you like the car!

But, I recommend that you take your mum along as she would be the best judge of her comfort level! The front seats offer excellent cushioning as well as support on all sides though!
Old 24th June 2012, 01:27   #1736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Seems a good deal. 3D mats are a different world. Worth spending on, in my opinion. I did and no regrets for having done so!
Thanks shankar.balan! I decided to go for them right after my first service today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos View Post
I have checked the 3D kagu mats for the Jazz here in Bangalore. Beware, the 3D maxspider mats sold in bangalore will not fit the Jazz as they are for the 2001 - 2008 make Jazz.
Thanks for the heads up xstream_nos! Turned out, I'll have to wait nearly 2 more months to get the ones for the new make!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Some mats have this weird fitting issue of getting the foot pedals (A/B/C) stuck. Please ensure whatever mats you instal dont have this problem.
selfdrive, thanks for the guidance, but unfortunately, they didn't have the ones for the latest Jazz!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went for my first service today. The cost was, as expected Re. 0/-. There has been nothing of note, not even a sign of getting my "X-kit"!! I was promised that I will receive it by the 3rd week of July! I wonder why the company that is making the whole damn car, can't produce enough of those spoilers and grills!!

I did tell the Honda service guy that I felt the car's "pick-up" (acceleration from 0) wasn't good enough for a 1200cc mill! I felt it was pretty sluggish compared to my experience with the 100bhp Honda City ZX Vtec's 1500cc! Of course, I expected it to be a tad lower, but not so much!

He seems to have got it fixed! So, the car feels even better to drive! And, the surprising part is, that my earlier "average fuel consumption" was 11.6kmpl according to the instrumentation, but today, after more than 50kms of partly stop-go, partly smooth traffic (even Saturdays aren't a smooth affair in Bangalore), it is reporting 14kmpl! Not a bad upside to getting the car's "pick-up" improved!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 25th June 2012, 10:25   #1737
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks shankar.balan! I decided to go for them right after my first service today!

Thanks for the heads up xstream_nos! Turned out, I'll have to wait nearly 2 more months to get the ones for the new make!

selfdrive, thanks for the guidance, but unfortunately, they didn't have the ones for the latest Jazz!

I went for my first service today. The cost was, as expected Re. 0/-. There has been nothing of note, not even a sign of getting my "X-kit"!! I was promised that I will receive it by the 3rd week of July! I wonder why the company that is making the whole damn car, can't produce enough of those spoilers and grills!!

I did tell the Honda service guy that I felt the car's "pick-up" (acceleration from 0) wasn't good enough for a 1200cc mill! I felt it was pretty sluggish compared to my experience with the 100bhp Honda City ZX Vtec's 1500cc! Of course, I expected it to be a tad lower, but not so much!

He seems to have got it fixed! So, the car feels even better to drive! And, the surprising part is, that my earlier "average fuel consumption" was 11.6kmpl according to the instrumentation, but today, after more than 50kms of partly stop-go, partly smooth traffic (even Saturdays aren't a smooth affair in Bangalore), it is reporting 14kmpl! Not a bad upside to getting the car's "pick-up" improved!

I got the same reply in Bangalore too. X-kit hasnt come yet and will take time!!

And good to know about the mileage part. Maybe i should try it too in First Service even though i am happy with the pickup from stop start!!
Old 25th June 2012, 13:45   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
Hi,

I know there is a separate thread for Insurance / Honda Assure but posting it here as I've received some timely and well meant advices from few people here. Counting on their advice once again
Deccan Honda (in Pune) is charging me 22k for Honda Assure. I was advised by a friend to get my insurance from outside (Tata AIG, BA etc). While I understand that it'll result in some much desired saving for us, I was a littel doubtful about the treatment given by other Insurance cos. at the time of claim.
Also, what kind of attitude do service center guys have if we don't have Honda Assure?
Dude, Honda Assure is a farce.
It took 15 days for my car to get repaired after the rear windshield was smashed. The dealership had a glass in stock and ideally all work would have taken not more than 2 days. But the dealership waited for insurance company surveyor to come, approve claim and post repair, 1 day for settlement.

The surveyor came 4 days after the car was taken to service station and then there was a weekend, post which a 2 days time for approval.

My insurer here was Royal Sundaram (under Honda Assure) and I already had a 35% NCB which was transferred on this new car. I also had opted for a Zero Dep cover. Since i was planning to claim for the glass i also asked them to paint some minor scratching on the rear door (earlier instance) and cover it under the claim.

The dealership informed me after 10 days that they are still awaiting an approval from insurance company and it make take 8 - 10 days more for the car.

After pulling some strings and presurrising both the dealer and the insurance company I got my car back (both claims settled) after 5 more days.

Take my advice, an online cover is going to cost you upto 40% less and processing time / claim settlement is the same as Honda Assure.

Please feel free to PM me incase you require any details.
freak1201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 13:48   #1739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
Dude, Honda Assure is a farce.
It took 15 days for my car to get repaired after the rear windshield was smashed. The dealership had a glass in stock and ideally all work would have taken not more than 2 days. But the dealership waited for insurance company surveyor to come, approve claim and post repair, 1 day for settlement.

The surveyor came 4 days after the car was taken to service station and then there was a weekend, post which a 2 days time for approval.

My insurer here was Royal Sundaram (under Honda Assure) and I already had a 35% NCB which was transferred on this new car. I also had opted for a Zero Dep cover. Since i was planning to claim for the glass i also asked them to paint some minor scratching on the rear door (earlier instance) and cover it under the claim.

The dealership informed me after 10 days that they are still awaiting an approval from insurance company and it make take 8 - 10 days more for the car.

After pulling some strings and presurrising both the dealer and the insurance company I got my car back (both claims settled) after 5 more days.

Take my advice, an online cover is going to cost you upto 40% less and processing time / claim settlement is the same as Honda Assure.

Please feel free to PM me incase you require any details.
damn..too late..I already got the Assure Insurance done. was very expensive too
Old 25th June 2012, 13:59   #1740
Senior - BHPian

I had a recent claim to get a dent fixed on my Jazz. This ran across the left side and covered the rear bumper. The insurance I had was from Oriental Insurance.

So I asked Crystal Honda for a quote and they said around 20K of which insurance will cover only around 11K. Apparently either the bumper work or the left rear door panel would be covered by insurance and the rest to be borne by me. I checked with our friendly neighbourhood garage and got and estimate of 11K (panel and bumper), of which 9K to be reimbursed by insurance claim.

The paint job is a perfect match and this guy did a wonderful job. The only downside is that this insurance policy is not cashless and I need to pay first and collect later. This is still ok for me as I am saving at least 40 - 45% over a similar Honda Assure policy premium. And I am sure you will get better deals online based on your requirements.

So I would not go for Honda assure shield (this is more needed for manufacturers like Skoda I think!) and I am not getting my cars repaired from HASS either. Hopefully no more such repairs

feel free to PM for any details
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks