Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2012, 17:37   #1711
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
Need your advice on above. Are they good enough or should i ask for something different in lieu of what is being offered? I feel seat cover is a must but the SM says they're never in stock with Deccan Honda.
I would have thought 2 months should be sufficient to get seat covers in stock!

Crystal Honda is quoting 6.8L for base version before negotiations, not sure what you got from Deccan.

Film is useless for now. what is UV coating?
Reverse parking sensors are useful.
Do check the free floor mats. Sometimes its just a waste of time and you would end up considering changing them later.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 15:23   #1712
BHPian

Finally, we booked Jazz (base model) yesterday with Deccan Honda.
On road price - 6.85 L

Free accessories -
  1. UV coating,
  2. Floor mat,
  3. Reverse parking sensor,
  4. Film (RTO approved)
Parcel Tray and Seat covers are something we'll have to go for immediately I guess.

Its a long waiting time though - 60 days. Hoping that some order cancellation takes place or wifey agrees for some color other than UT

Thanks a lot ADROIT91 and SELFDRIVE for your comments every now and then.
abhi8195 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 17:36   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepti View Post
How much is the on road price for SMT variant from Magnum Honda? Iam planning to book this weekend. Did they offer you any freebie?
Hi Deepti, I got a Honda Jazz XMT from Magnum Honda last weekend. Delivery period of 1 week for both Select and X variant. The prices quoted were 7.48 and 7.84 respectively. No discounts/freebies whatsoever despite me asking for just the parking sensors!! The service person tried to convince you how the Jazz requires no add on's(partly true though since you have it all) But believe me, the car is still worth it with no discounts. Go for the XMT if you ask me. The beige interiors were a big let down for me in the Select variant which was what prompted me mainly to go for the XMT.
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 17:59   #1714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats abhi8195 and welcome to the club!

I think UT is a cool color too, though for us guys we would be more pleased with a basic colour

As for seat covers I agree they are essential. I am still doing good without a parcel tray as for my kind of use, it just ends up being a holder for unnecessary stuff with more unnecessary stuff stashed in the boot.
This is more subjective based on your use/ needs though.

Are you being asked to pay for the parcel tray? If so, how much?
Old 15th June 2012, 19:58   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
But, films are banned in India now! Do NOT get them installed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Film is useless for now.
From what I have read so far, film screens on cars are NOT banned in India, provided they are within permissible (RTO) limits. So, kindly verify whether the film in question is approved or not.

Great to note that Jazz cars are going to more and more homes all across the country. It is one heck of a hatch and the space management is simply exquisite. The Jazz seems to have developed a loyal following (something like the Bullet motorcycle).

For those who want/own/love the Jazz, no explanation is necessary.
For those who think otherwise, no explanation will suffice.

Let's hope Honda continues its interest in the Jazz, given the steady demand for the mega-spacious hatch here in India and DESPITE the frequent hike in petrol prices.
Old 15th June 2012, 20:03   #1716
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats abhi8195 and welcome to the club!

SM has not given an exact figure. He said 4k-5k approx. May be we'll think of it after having used the car for sometime.
Old 15th June 2012, 22:18   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!! And, I guess that the dealers are just being conservative now with their "waiting period" numbers! I'm sure you will be driving it off in about a month! All the best!

Quote:
I am still doing good without a parcel tray as for my kind of use, it just ends up being a holder for unnecessary stuff with more unnecessary stuff stashed in the boot.
I have found the parcel tray useful for one very important reason. Whenever I park in a public place, I keep my laptop bag beneath the parcel tray, and am "sort of" less worried because "anti-social elements" will not know in advance what they can get by breaking into my car! Otherwise, I prefer to keep my rear-view unobstructed at all times!
Old 16th June 2012, 10:52   #1718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
From what I have read so far, film screens on cars are NOT banned in India, provided they are within permissible (RTO) limits. So, kindly verify whether the film in question is approved or not.

Great to note that Jazz cars are going to more and more homes all across the country. It is one heck of a hatch and the space management is simply exquisite. The Jazz seems to have developed a loyal following (something like the Bullet motorcycle).

For those who want/own/love the Jazz, no explanation is necessary.
For those who think otherwise, no explanation will suffice.

Let's hope Honda continues its interest in the Jazz, given the steady demand for the mega-spacious hatch here in India and DESPITE the frequent hike in petrol prices.
all kinds of films in car glasses are banned by the order of SC. It's the Transport (Traffic) Deptt. in few states which allow films to some extent (someone has posted in the relevant thread in Indian Cars section that Chennai Police are allowing films on side glasses only). One needs to be cautious with films on older cars & avoid films on new cars till there is sensible legislation in this regard.

BTW, Jazz looks sexy from some angles & sophisticated from others. Wish the dieselisation of Honda cars speeds up .
Old 16th June 2012, 10:54   #1719
BHPian

whoa!! Great to see so many buyers opting for the Jazz.

@adroit: sorry couldn't reply earlier, had exams going on. I have the Silver Jazz and I still have no news about the X-kit. Anyway loving the car, done only about 260 km, opted for black skin fit fake leather seats, and also have installed RTO approved sun-films (Very much required for the Jazz considering it's glass area).
Anyway do let me know if you receive the X-kit

Cheers!!
Old 16th June 2012, 13:24   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
On road price - 6.85 L Parcel Tray and Seat covers are something we'll have to go for immediately I guess.
Quote:
I am still doing good without a parcel tray as for my kind of use, it just ends up being a holder for unnecessary stuff with more unnecessary stuff stashed in the boot.
Congrats Abhi I am a bit green at seeing a Honda vendor giving away freebies on the Jazz, that also the base model! When I was in the market a couple of months back, they acted as if they were doing us a favour by selling the Jazz. Not to mention, the base model was plain unavailable. But then, we had already set our eyes on the Jazz, so was not a deal-breaker and we ended up with the Select, albeit overshooting our budget But had no inkling a simple parcel tray would cost so much...may be you could get a non-OEM one from elsewhere?
Old 16th June 2012, 15:42   #1721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
BTW, Jazz looks sexy from some angles & sophisticated from others. Wish the dieselisation of Honda cars speeds up .
Agree with the part about films.
But about dieselisation, how many would pay 9L for a diesel Jazz? on second thoughts, there would be some considering they pay 8L for a diesel Swift.
And maybe some existing owners will consider it if they get decent buyback.
Old 16th June 2012, 16:31   #1722
BHPian

Guys, I'm being offered Jazz custom fit 3D Kagu mats for Rs. 4500. Is it reasonable? Is it important to get mats, as there are already carpets in the car?
Old 16th June 2012, 21:50   #1723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91
Guys, I'm being offered Jazz custom fit 3D Kagu mats for Rs. 4500. Is it reasonable? Is it important to get mats, as there are already carpets in the car?
Seems a good deal. 3D mats are a different world. Worth spending on, in my opinion. I did and no regrets for having done so!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 09:51   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
I have checked the 3D kagu mats for the Jazz here in Bangalore. Beware, the 3D maxspider mats sold in bangalore will not fit the Jazz as they are for the 2001 - 2008 make Jazz. You can check this on the label which is on the mat itself. I am attaching the catalog for the 3D mats, check the difference in the shape of the mats. The one in the bottom left in the picture is the one sold in Bangalore which is for the 2001 - 2008 make Jazz.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-honda-jazz.jpg  

Last edited by xstream_nos : 17th June 2012 at 09:53.
xstream_nos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 21:34   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Seems a good deal. 3D mats are a different world. Worth spending on, in my opinion. I did and no regrets for having done so!

Forgive my ignorance, but what are 3D mats?
What are the benefits over the normal mats?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks