Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2012, 15:34   #1651
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Kinda tough to explain the location in writing. I suggest you look up the manual - easiest way out.
Old 24th May 2012, 15:47   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
This button is on the rear door itself? The window child lock is on the driver side. Didn't realize they had a child lock for the rear door as well. Where is this button? On the rear door itself or on the driver door side?
If you are seated on the rear seat and then open the door, it will be located at the level of your thigh.
Its not really a button, but more like a very small switch which you can flip up and down. its probably 2mm x 2mm in size.

When you open he door try to look at the side/ edge which closes into/ touches the C pillar.

Last edited by selfdrive : 24th May 2012 at 15:49.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 21:54   #1653
BHPian

Well here's a surprise. While we wait for our jetta to arrive that was supposed to be delivered by now. The jazz that we had booked and wasn't expected for another 5 months is gonna be delivered on Saturday. I guess the petrol price hike is to be blamed/"thanked" for that. Anyway excited nevertheless but have to hold out on driving it around since I have my exams starting from tomorrow. So have to wait till 4th June to find out "why am I so serious"?
Old 27th May 2012, 00:44   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91
Even my Jazz XMT has arrived, and I should get the delivery sometime this week!
it's home!!

Looks fab and drives well! I will post feedback once I have driven a little more!
Old 27th May 2012, 10:43   #1655
BHPian

Took delivery yesterday. Great car and I don't know if it's mentioned before but the cabin quality and fit and finish feel even better than the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91

it's home!!

Looks fab and drives well! I will post feedback once I have driven a little more!
Congo adroit. Since you have also got the jazz x, was wondering if you got the jazz x kit i.e. the grill and the spoiler? Cause we did not and sales rep said it would come in about 60 to 90 days...
Old 27th May 2012, 16:51   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Took delivery yesterday. Great car and I don't know if it's mentioned before but the cabin quality and fit and finish feel even better than the city.

Congo adroit. Since you have also got the jazz x, was wondering if you got the jazz x kit i.e. the grill and the spoiler? Cause we did not and sales rep said it would come in about 60 to 90 days...

Congratulations AL!
Have fun driving around.
Yup, the finish does feel better than the city, infact i even felt that the steering in the Jazz responds better than the city (maybe because my uncles city i drove is almost 6 years old now).

All of us Pune Jazz owners should plan a meet. Whatsay?
Old 27th May 2012, 18:14   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL'
Nope!! I've been quoted only 10-15 days though!

Congrats to you too... Which colour is it? Mine is Rallye Red.
Old 28th May 2012, 22:15   #1658
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I've got my Black Jazz smt, last Friday. Have got teflon coating and Ovion art leather seat covers done.
Any recommendations for parking sensors will be of great help; I am thinking of getting Hilife Parking sensor+camera.

I will be sharing the initial ownership review, in few days time, once I've driven it more. But initial impression is - its an awesome car, and it looks stunning in black exteriors!
Old 29th May 2012, 08:56   #1659
BHPian

I have been talking to Deccan Honda in Pune for the Select variant. He is ready to deliver it in 2 weeks time. He is saying the on-road price is 7.1

Also the difference between Base and Select variant is:
a) Reclining rear seat
b) Parcel Tray (?)
c) Alloy wheels
d) Mudguard.

I need Jazz-owners' opinion/advice on the merits of Alloy wheels. Should i be willing to pay additional 30k for Select?

Also, is any Jazz owner (in Bangalore) willing to offer a test drive? My wifey is in Bangalore and it appears that dealers there don't have a car for test drive. So we were wondering if Team-BHP forum could be used to elicit this favor

I'm a first time buyer and hence, any advice / response would be of great help
Old 29th May 2012, 10:53   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
Also, is any Jazz owner (in Bangalore) willing to offer a test drive? My wifey is in Bangalore and it appears that dealers there don't have a car for test drive. So we were wondering if Team-BHP forum could be used to elicit this favor
In case you are in Bangalore, you can go to Magnum Honda, Kanakpura Road. They don't have the "new" model for test-drive but they offer their manager's Jazz for a test-drive, and it is close to some very nice open stretches connecting Kanakpura Road to Mysore Road. I suggest you try calling them and asking for a test-drive.
adroit_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 12:12   #1661
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also, is any Jazz owner (in Bangalore) willing to offer a test drive? My wifey is in Bangalore and it appears that dealers there don't have a car for test drive. So we were wondering if Team-BHP forum could be used to elicit this favor:
Whitefield Honda (Cantonment Station showroom) has a blue Jazz for demo. Simply ask your wife to talk to them and get it sent over to home/office. They are extremely enthusiastic overall and nice to deal with!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 13:22   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
All of us Pune Jazz owners should plan a meet. Whatsay?
Thats probably you and I. Anyone else please speak up!

Quote:
I need Jazz-owners' opinion/advice on the merits of Alloy wheels. Should i be willing to pay additional 30k for Select?
30K sounds good for the reclining seats and the alloys. Try to quote the recent petrol hike and negotiate hard to either get some other things added or for a reduced price. When you do this, take your chequebook along as a visible accessory, it works wonders!
If you want a Jazz TD in Pune, let me know.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 14:06   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Thats probably you and I. Anyone else please speak up!
Count me in buddy. I am sure few more Jazz owners can join if its communicated well and in advance.
Old 29th May 2012, 21:26   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrtz125 View Post
Count me in buddy. I am sure few more Jazz owners can join if its communicated well and in advance.
Yay!
And AL too!
Who else! I see so many people Jazzing around the city these days!
Old 30th May 2012, 15:56   #1665

[quote=abhi8195;2791757]
Also, is any Jazz owner (in Bangalore) willing to offer a test drive? My wifey is in Bangalore and it appears that dealers there don't have a car for test drive. So we were wondering if Team-BHP forum could be used to elicit this favor]

Test drive cars are available with Dakshin Honda (Hosur Road) and Whitefield Honda.

I had gone for TD on Sunday. Dakshin Honda has Red and Silve color Jazz ready for delivery. When I asked for black color, SA said 3 months (which is obviously unrealistic).

Surprisingly, I have been getting follow up calls to check whether I'm still interested in Jazz :-) Petrol price hike could be the main reason.
prabhatmilan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks