Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2012, 14:18   #1621
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
What is the worst kind of road the Jazz can safely handle? How is the acceleration with 4 people and luggage (and does it bottom out on moderate bumps in this scenario)?
Any road that can be taken by another hatchback or sedan (barring the SX4; more because I havent driven it over any potholes) should be ok for the Jazz. Acceleration is good with 4 people and luggage. However, do keep in mind it is more a family cruiser type of hatchback that offers a sedan type ride. I hope you are not looking for a MPV/ SUV/ Xylo type of vehicle that would crash over potholes without a worry. In which case waiting for something like the Ecosport or Duster may be a better option for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Does it struggle on inclines (someone had mentioned elsewhere on the forum that it might actually be unsafe) with 3-4 people (and luggage) on board?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Unsafe? I do not think so at all. In fact it has the most safety features for the price/variant.
sandeep108; I think spindoc intends to mention the risk associated with a loaded vehicle stopping on an incline. If so, then it is more the way that we would drive it; see my comment for gjiyap1's post below.
If not, then also no reason to worry. I find Jazz to be one of the safest cars I have seen on Indian roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
But, yesterday, was travelling in 3rd gear and got into the Kodambakkam bridge and the vehicle started slowing down. Had to downshift & accelerate to move up.
Either keep the revs high or downshift and accelerate to avoid this problem. In due course, you will know when to do it and where without breaking a sweat!

Last edited by selfdrive : 18th May 2012 at 14:20.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2012, 12:40   #1622
BANNED

Recently got a call from one of the Honda dealer in Mumbai (whom I had enquired about the car 6 months back) According to him, Jazz deliveries are on track and if I am still ineterested, I could still get the car in 4 weeks or so.However I have picked up another car (Swift Dzire) and thus am not looking for a Jazz anymore.
Old 20th May 2012, 13:26   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunksaral View Post
Did not follow the thread completely, hence not sure what color you are looking for and what are the dates promised to you by Magnum and Dakshin?
Hello Arun and everyone,
My Jazz SMT (Black color) has arrived at the showroom. Checked it out yesterday, it looks awesome, though was a bit dirty. I noticed all the other cars for delivery too were a bit dirty.

I will be taking the delivery on the coming Friday. Going through all the checks in the PDI (have looked at multiple lists, including team-bhp's), looks so tiring, when I am standing in from of the car. Just want to take the delivery and go driving !

But yes, PDI is important, so I am planning to do it before delivery.
Old 20th May 2012, 13:54   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Recently got a call from one of the Honda dealer in Mumbai (whom I had enquired about the car 6 months back) According to him, Jazz deliveries are on track and if I am still ineterested, I could still get the car in 4 weeks or so.However I have picked up another car (Swift Dzire) and thus am not looking for a Jazz anymore.
There are two factors primarily. Honda's production is back to normal & their sales is on a lower side. Pride Honda in Hyderabad can deliver Jaaz in 3 weeks, Brio in a week & City in one day. Soon we ll see some discount starting again on City/Jaaz. As of now they are giving 12k corporate discount & 10k stock clearance discount on any model of City except corporate edition.
Old 20th May 2012, 22:23   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
Hi,

Just want feedback from fellow jazz owners , has anybody have problem that even after refueling the fuel level indicator stays at the lowest position? I have faced this problem twice or trice. The fuel level was above E , so its not because of dry tank.

Mine is Xmt 2012 version.

Thanks for your inputs,
When the fuel indicator is at a low position, and if you add 5 litres of Petrol then, the fuel indicator would remain at the same point. But if you add 10 litres instead of 5 litres, then the fuel indicator will work correctly. This is how the fuel indicator in Honda Jazz works.
aaren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2012, 22:30   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt

Hello Arun and everyone,
My Jazz SMT (Black color) has arrived at the showroom. Checked it out yesterday, it looks awesome, though was a bit dirty. I noticed all the other cars for delivery too were a bit dirty.
Congratulation!

Time for celebration and enjoyment.
Have a safe and responsible driving. Good luck abd best wishes.

Looking forward for the pics of you new exciting Jazz and ownership review.
Old 20th May 2012, 22:36   #1627

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren

When the fuel indicator is at a low position, and if you add 5 litres of Petrol then, the fuel indicator would remain at the same point. But if you add 10 litres instead of 5 litres, then the fuel indicator will work correctly. This is how the fuel indicator in Honda Jazz works.
I had actually fuelled close to 24 and 21l both times. So i'm planning to post this post in my next service(2nd service) , hope they solve the issue.

Thanks,
Old 21st May 2012, 13:18   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
Congrats! The jazz looks killer in black. Get some mean alloys on it too
Pics are mandatory and a buying experience/ ownership thread would be ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
I had actually fuelled close to 24 and 21l both times. So i'm planning to post this post in my next service(2nd service) , hope they solve the issue.
When my Jazz returned from the 35K service, the fuel was at an all time record low. the DTE showed something like 12.
So off I went to check this fuel indicator thingy.
I filled 300 bucks worth (about 4 litres and a bit) at one pump. The fuel indicator did not change and DTE only moved toward 0.
I filled 500 bucks (7 litres and a bit) worth at another pump 2 kms down the road. No change again and DTE has stayed at 0.
The odo is working fine, so now need to go and check why this happens.
I hope to get an answer before going for a top up.

Last edited by selfdrive : 21st May 2012 at 13:20.
Old 21st May 2012, 14:41   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Congrats! The jazz looks killer in black. Get some mean alloys on it too
Pics are mandatory and a buying experience/ ownership thread would be ideal.
selfdrive, yes Black looks aweosme on Jazz. My wife's choice btw.
As mine is the SMT variant, I am getting the Honda Alloys, and I kindof liked it, though its not mean/funky. But yes, I am thinking of covering the Honda alloys with some nice matte black paint.
But do you know if this will effect my warranty in any ways?
Old 21st May 2012, 14:50   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As mine is the SMT variant, I am getting the Honda Alloys, and I kindof liked it, though its not mean/funky. But yes, I am thinking of covering the Honda alloys with some nice matte black paint.
But do you know if this will effect my warranty in any ways?
oh those alloys are cool too. the gunmetal ones, correct? I considered having those but had my eyes set on some other black set.

Warranty? I gave up worrying about that long ago so cannot answer that one. perhaps one of our more diligent members can help you on this
Old 21st May 2012, 19:48   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
My Jazz SMT (Black color) has arrived at the showroom.
Hey, congratulations! Even my Jazz XMT has arrived, and I should get the delivery sometime this week! I don't think I'll be getting the grill and spoiler along with the car though! :( The SA had told me last week that they would come along with the car, but made a volte face today! Done with the PDI. My Rallye Red came with Michelins. Couldn't have asked for anything more!
Old 21st May 2012, 22:10   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
oh those alloys are cool too. the gunmetal ones, correct? I considered having those but had my eyes set on some other black set.

Warranty? I gave up worrying about that long ago so cannot answer that one. perhaps one of our more diligent members can help you on this
I am not sure if the alloys in SMT are made of gun metal. This is my first car, so am extra cautious of warranty.
But anyways, I am thinking of painting them matte black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
Hey, congratulations! Even my Jazz XMT has arrived, and I should get the delivery sometime this week! I don't think I'll be getting the grill and spoiler along with the car though! :( The SA had told me last week that they would come along with the car, but made a volte face today! Done with the PDI. My Rallye Red came with Michelins. Couldn't have asked for anything more!
Congrats adroit! XMT is supposed to have the sporty grill and tailgate right?
Curious to know what did you do as part of PDI and which list did you follow, the team bhp's? I am not very good with auto mechanics, so I just did a basic PDI done, focusing primarily on aesthetics, like head lamps/indicator check, tyres, etc.

Mine too has got Michelins

This is to everyone - does Jazz come with a tow bar (front & rear) ? I want to fix a cycle carrier to the rear.

Last edited by harryskt : 21st May 2012 at 22:12.
Old 21st May 2012, 23:47   #1633

Hi Adroit

Vision is the brand name the dealer gave me. It costs about 4.9k. Any suggestions on this is welcome.

I get the point on demand and supply. But I don't understand why dealers at Kochi do not want to push the X variant. Each time I wanted to move to X they were pushing me back to select variant. Finally it was last week that icould move on to a Jazz X Rallye Red because some other customer had cancelled.

The Jazz AD's as well as their brochure says that the x variant has the rear spoiler and the body colored grill but the dealer says its comes as part of the Jazz x kit. No idea why there is such a move by Honda? Heard the older models had spoiler , the grill as well as parking sensors OEM.

Thanks again Adroit.

Regards
Sibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
By vision, do you mean, one with a camera? What brand, in case you know?

Don't even think about canceling!! I don't think we can expect even a penny as discount from the dealers at this stage. There's no sense to it, because it's not like the Jazz is in super demand, but the fact that they have been unable to produce enough! But, the dealers are treating it as a situation where there is a demand surplus, rather than a supply shortage!
Old 21st May 2012, 23:55   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats adroit! XMT is supposed to have the sporty grill and tailgate right?
Thanks! Wish you a happy ownership too! It's supposed to come with sporty grill and tailgate spoiler (compulsory accessories), but it seems they are only supplying those after about 10-15 days of delivering the car itself! So, I'll have to wait for that!

Quote:
Curious to know what did you do as part of PDI and which list did you follow, the team bhp's? I am not very good with auto mechanics, so I just did a basic PDI done, focusing primarily on aesthetics, like head lamps/indicator check, tyres, etc.
I tried to go through most objects in the tbhp PDI check-list, though, I must say, I did NOT insist on checking stuff like checking the VIN number for date of manufacturing! It would have been pretty weird to find out Honda or the dealer had a car sitting idle with them, while they could have even sold it in the black market!

I checked the aesthetics like you, but did NOT check the electricals, which I will have to check anyway once my reverse parking sensors are installed. Mostly, I was making up for the lack of a test-drive, except for the "drive" part! Just got a feel of the car. Tested out a few electronics, and checked out how the fuel inlet can be opened, etc! Found to my delight that the car does come with a boot lamp! [For any other car, I would have found this "before" booking the car!] I guess it was not as thorough as the gurus at tbhp would ask us to review, but this is the 5th car that I am taking delivery of, and the absolute 1st time that I was doing a PDI! So, it was good in that respect!

Quote:
This is to everyone - does Jazz come with a tow bar (front & rear) ? I want to fix a cycle carrier to the rear.
Sorry, can't help with that! But, I doubt even the dealership could understand what you need! Take some pics along, and they may just find it in some parts bin for the CRV!
Old 22nd May 2012, 04:09   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt

Hello Arun and everyone,
My Jazz SMT (Black color) has arrived at the showroom.
Does the Jazz come in black? It was not an option when the face lifted model was launched, I remember.

Strange that Honda's added colour options to a car whose demand they can hardly meet.

Pictures would sure be welcome!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks