Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2012, 16:52   #1606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt

I agree with your proximity point, but I have heard that for service, he dealers do pick up and drop the vehicle at home, right? Anyways, I don't mind going 10 kms more to Magnum now, for service, after what I have gone through with Dakshin.
And yes, gettin to own a Jazz 20 days in advance is great!
Sorry for being little late in replying.

As far as i know/inquired, Difficult to get jazz base variant.

Proximity of dealership matters a lot moving forward for service and repairs. Definitely you can buy the car from one dealership and if required you can go to other dealerships for service in future. What i mean to say here is that you can buy the car from Magnum and for initial free service you can get them done at Magnum itself. If you like them and dont mind going so far for future service, then you are good. But if required you can also give your car to Dakshin for service just in case.

Did not follow the thread completely, hence not sure what color you are looking for and what are the dates promised to you by Magnum and Dakshin?
Old 14th May 2012, 17:08   #1607
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Sorry. Jazzman - can you explain how the autolocking works. To me expectation is that - i unlock the car, get in, start engine and start driving. Expect the doors to lock if i dont open any door after engine start ( at least).
But this doesnt happen in jazz.
Is there any programming of keys or something that needs ot be done? or is it a X feature.
Vignesh, there is no such Auto Lock feature in the Jazz. The feature that it does have (which I find pretty useless) is that if you unlock the car with the keys and then dont open the door within certain amount of time, the doors will lock again.
Only useful for those times when you walk up to your car, unlock the doors and then fall asleep standing outside the car
Old 14th May 2012, 17:27   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXBlore View Post
Dakshin isn't the best of dealers when it comes to keeping promises. I'd booked a Jazz Select UT in Aug 2011 with a promised waiting period of 2 months' (Whitefield was not taking any bookings then citing long waiting time, but Dakshin was confident of delivery). After waiting for 2 months, I was asked to wait another 4 months for my booking or upgrade to XMT. I chose the latter but had a bitter experience of the dealer not being transparent in their dealings.

Having said that, there's not much to differentiate between dealers. Like other opinions on the forum, please keep the proximity from home & other factors in mind before finalizing your dealer.
thanks JazzxBlore. I have cancelled my booking with Dakshin, and am under discussions with other dealers for a quicker delivery.
Old 15th May 2012, 14:28   #1609
BHPian

Hi all!

Before I take delivery next week, I thought of getting some add ons for the car. Since I was not expecting to get the car before July, I didn't research on these things!!

I have been quoted the following:
1. Reverse Parking Sensors - 3000 (not body colored);
2. Door Visors - 6000 (absolutely no idea why they would be so expensive!! Should I even go for them?);
3. Honda Pillow pair - 700 (not really needed);
4. Under body anti-rust treatment - 3700 (Is it better to get it done outside? Would that be cheaper in any way?)

Thanks in advance, and for all the gyaan that has helped immensely so far!
Old 15th May 2012, 16:27   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
Hi all!

Before I take delivery next week, I thought of getting some add ons for the car.
Congrats. So, the PDI done or is it due only next week ?. May be once you look at YOUR vehicle, you may skip all these - just to have the initial fun AS-IS.

Door visors - what is the value add ?. Does it look good on the car (may be am wrong !)
Anti-rust treament - I go with someone quote here - this is necessary when you are near the sea breeze or potential water logging location. Also, this is to be reviewed/updated every 6-12 months. So, think twice before spedning.

Reverse parking got mixed response here. But majority says - go for it. My point here again - if it is going to look odd (color difference) - then, nah...

Enjoy your new car AS-IS. You can do all add-ons by first service or sometime closer.
Old 15th May 2012, 16:43   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1

Congrats. So, the PDI done or is it due only next week ?. May be once you look at YOUR vehicle, you may skip all these - just to have the initial fun AS-IS.
Car reaches dealership on Sunday, and I hope to perform the PDI on Monday. Not sure how many more days would the registration, etc take!

And, thanks for the information! I think I'll chuck the door visors; I thought that they may come handy during rains, but I'd rather use the fans than pay 6K for a little plastic!!

Need to research on the anti-rust because Bangalore has heavy water logging on some roads, but I used to think that cars were designed to withstand a little water when they are passing through such roads!

I think I may really need the parking sensor though, since my apartment building has a cramped basement parking! And, what area in Bangalore does NOT have a cramped parking space!! Just not sure how much they cost, and what kind should be installed!

Thanks again for the information!
Old 15th May 2012, 18:15   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance, and for all the gyaan that has helped immensely so far!
IMO Go for reverse parking sensors and Anti rust treatment from Honda. Others you can buy after market. you can get door visors at much cheaper rates from outside.
Old 15th May 2012, 18:17   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19
IMO Go for reverse parking sensors and Anti rust treatment from Honda. Others you can buy after market. you can get door visors at much cheaper rates from outside.
Hey, thanks! I am pretty sure about the parking sensors, as I don't want to break the warranty conditions, but from team-bhp itself, I get an idea that I can get it done at 3M, etc for almost the same price, and I'll be sure about the "kind" of treatment as well as get exactly what I want!
Old 16th May 2012, 20:30   #1614
BHPian

Guys,

Any ideas from where can I source body colored (Rallye Red) parking sensors for my upcoming Honda Jazz? Also, is it necessary to get them installed at the dealership? Any ideas about expected cost?

Any ideas about wireless sensors? How much do they cost? Are they even available in India?

Thanks!
Old 16th May 2012, 23:39   #1615

Hi
I am looking for the same. Peninsular honda at Kochi quoted 4500K for vision.

By the was has honda stopped discounts like corporate discounts etc.

I got quote for 714000 for Jazz X (Rallye Red). Luckily some guy does not want the car he booked and i got the one. Coming by end of this month.I got nothing additional as freebees with the car quote. Should i cancel and be looking for a different vendor?

Thanks
Sibi

Quote:
Guys,

Any ideas from where can I source body colored (Rallye Red) parking sensors for my upcoming Honda Jazz? Also, is it necessary to get them installed at the dealership? Any ideas about expected cost?

Any ideas about wireless sensors? How much do they cost? Are they even available in India?

Thanks!
Old 17th May 2012, 08:24   #1616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibijv View Post
Hi
I am looking for the same. Peninsular honda at Kochi quoted 4500K for vision.
By vision, do you mean, one with a camera? What brand, in case you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibijv View Post
Coming by end of this month.I got nothing additional as freebees with the car quote. Should i cancel and be looking for a different vendor?
Don't even think about canceling!! I don't think we can expect even a penny as discount from the dealers at this stage. There's no sense to it, because it's not like the Jazz is in super demand, but the fact that they have been unable to produce enough! But, the dealers are treating it as a situation where there is a demand surplus, rather than a supply shortage!
Old 18th May 2012, 02:26   #1617
BHPian

vb-san, selfdrive, joslicx and mail4ajo - thanks for your comments / responses. With no opportunity for a TD, I must make a decision primarily based on your inputs. I still have a few doubts. Could you tell me:
What is the worst kind of road the Jazz can safely handle?
How is the acceleration with 4 people and luggage (and does it bottom out on moderate bumps in this scenario)?
Does it struggle on inclines (someone had mentioned elsewhere on the forum that it might actually be unsafe) with 3-4 people (and luggage) on board?
Old 18th May 2012, 10:21   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Could you tell me:
What is the worst kind of road the Jazz can safely handle?
How is the acceleration with 4 people and luggage (and does it bottom out on moderate bumps in this scenario)?
Does it struggle on inclines (someone had mentioned elsewhere on the forum that it might actually be unsafe) with 3-4 people (and luggage) on board?
I would guess that it can handle rough roads like any other in its category - Swift, i20, etc. Obviously it is no off roader.

Acceleration is again similar, in fact it has the most powerful 1.2L engine out there. Why would it struggle on inclines? Unless you use the wrong gear for the speed/incline. Fully loaded it may bottom out, if GC is a concern go for Swift. Or change the tires with an upsize to increase GC (I intend doing this).

Unsafe? I do not think so at all. In fact it has the most safety features for the price/variant.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 12:30   #1619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
During the TD in Bangalore , for the numerous humps ( not to standards) Jazz would scrape on humps with the load you mentioned.

Please TD and decide.

Cheers!
Old 18th May 2012, 12:54   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
...... Fully loaded it may bottom out, if GC is a concern go for Swift. Or change the tires with an upsize to increase GC (I intend doing this).
Just thought - will add my 2 cents here - with first 300km run in last 2 weeks.

GC:
- It did not scrape with 5 onboard and a pretty full boot (from chrompet to egmore station - with hardly any big humps enroute)
- BUT it did meet the ground with 5 people (but bit on the heavier side) - & no luggage in my office entrance - medium hump (per bangalore standards )

Incline:
- My office parking lot got a good depth and every day i climb peacefully (two floors to basement) in the 2nd gear. No problem at all !.
- But, yesterday, was travelling in 3rd gear and got into the Kodambakkam bridge and the vehicle started slowing down. Had to downshift & accelerate to move up.

Do no think - this is to do with run-in period. But yes - Tyre upsize for GC handling and lower gear during incline - seems to be the option(s) !.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks