Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 14:23   #1591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz91

You're right. As iwasntme says, Whitefield Honda guys seem to be accepting bookings only for the select and the X.

Did you go ahead with the booking? Which variant are you finally going with?

Nope, no discounts and no freebies. Not even mudflaps or floor mats. The sales lady apparently finds no reservations in telling me that I should consider myself lucky that they're even taking my booking! They're pitching the whopping reduction in the wait time as the priceless discount. This is what it has come to now!
I wanted the base variant, so called up all the three dealers last month and Dakshin promised a 1 month delivery and so I booked it with them.
But I got a call from them last week and the sales manager was saying that the base variant will take 2 months more and so was insisting me to buy the select variant. I was very disappointed because they changed their stance after I paid the booking amount of 30,000/- . Magnum guys told me the facts that base variant will take time.
Dakshin says they will deliver the select variant by June 2, Magnum says they will deliver by May 20th. The Magnum guys are ready to give me the engine and chassis number too right now assuring that I will get it by that date.

So as my initial experience with Dakshin has not been good and I dont trust them if they will deliver it by June 2, now I am thinking of canceling my booking with Dakshin and booking it with Magnum instead.
I am confused...

dreamz91 & others, what do you recommend?
Old 9th May 2012, 14:30   #1592
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@nurni76; You can use the cheap fix of GTO. This is to install rubber donuts in the coil springs. Simple, and it works. Should work for all cars with coil springs. So far I have not seen any negative opinion. See http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ension-21.html
Thanks for the suggestion. Has any Team BHPian done this for Jazz? Also will this void warranty?
Old 9th May 2012, 17:11   #1593
BHPian

There have been quite a few comments on the GC of the Jazz. I took delivery of my Jazz X in Oct 2011. So far, have done ~4000 kms (as I have another car). the GC has never been an issue if I remember that I drive the Jazz. At times I have scrapped the bottom but this is more a driver error than the GC itself being an issue, like going over the hump a tad too fast.

Overall, I am very happy I bought this car. Yes, it pinches when I go to the petrol pump and see the diesel price. But once inside the car, the pleasure takes over . I have done long as well city driving and no where did I regret buying this car. And I chose this car over new Verna, Vento etc.
raghu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 17:52   #1594

Hi,

Just want feedback from fellow jazz owners , has anybody have problem that even after refueling the fuel level indicator stays at the lowest position? I have faced this problem twice or trice. The fuel level was above E , so its not because of dry tank.

Mine is Xmt 2012 version.

Thanks for your inputs,
Old 9th May 2012, 18:24   #1595
BHPian

Once I had this same problem. After fueling the indicator stayed put at the lowest position. The bunk staff said they have filled the fuel that I asked for. Not fully convinced I went to another petrol bunk and filled again for a couple of hundred rupees and the fuel indicator was then at the correct level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
Hi,

Just want feedback from fellow jazz owners , has anybody have problem that even after refueling the fuel level indicator stays at the lowest position? I have faced this problem twice or trice. The fuel level was above E , so its not because of dry tank.

Thanks for your inputs,
Old 9th May 2012, 20:51   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
I wanted the base variant, so called up all the three dealers last month and Dakshin promised a 1 month delivery and so I booked it with them.
But I got a call from them last week and the sales manager was saying that the base variant will take 2 months more and so was insisting me to buy the select variant. I was very disappointed because they changed their stance after I paid the booking amount of 30,000/- . Magnum guys told me the facts that base variant will take time.
Dakshin says they will deliver the select variant by June 2, Magnum says they will deliver by May 20th. The Magnum guys are ready to give me the engine and chassis number too right now assuring that I will get it by that date.

So as my initial experience with Dakshin has not been good and I dont trust them if they will deliver it by June 2, now I am thinking of canceling my booking with Dakshin and booking it with Magnum instead.
I am confused...

From what I have seen with Whitefield Honda guys, the supply seems to be pretty decent for the select variant. I'll be surprised if you have to wait for more than a month, especially since they're now promising deliveries for even the XMT in a month.

I think you should also consider proximity of the dealership (workshop, esp.) while choosing the dealer. I'd rather not cancel a booking from a dealer I might have to end up going to for servicing. I wouldn't read too much into Dakshin coming back with a longer waiting period about the base variant because it could well have been a decision at Honda to not produce the base variants for now. Waiting times have changed drastically for the jazz across variants, for the worse when it comes to the base variant and for the better when it comes to the higher ones.

But then, if Magnum works for you, I think you should go ahead. More fun driving the jazz than waiting for those two extra weeks!
Old 9th May 2012, 22:15   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz91

From what I have seen with Whitefield Honda guys, the supply seems to be pretty decent for the select variant. I'll be surprised if you have to wait for more than a month, especially since they're now promising deliveries for even the XMT in a month.

I think you should also consider proximity of the dealership (workshop, esp.) while choosing the dealer. I'd rather not cancel a booking from a dealer I might have to end up going to for servicing. I wouldn't read too much into Dakshin coming back with a longer waiting period about the base variant because it could well have been a decision at Honda to not produce the base variants for now. Waiting times have changed drastically for the jazz across variants, for the worse when it comes to the base variant and for the better when it comes to the higher ones.

But then, if Magnum works for you, I think you should go ahead. More fun driving the jazz than waiting for those two extra weeks!
I agree with your proximity point, but I have heard that for service, he dealers do pick up and drop the vehicle at home, right? Anyways, I don't mind going 10 kms more to Magnum now, for service, after what I have gone through with Dakshin.
And yes, gettin to own a Jazz 20 days in advance is great!
Old 9th May 2012, 22:31   #1598
BHPian

The fuel needle in my cousin's 2011 jazz is stuck on the 3/4 mark even though he filled in a tank full of petrol (verified at another petrol station by auto cut). He has travelled 50 kms so far and yet the needle has not moved.

What could be the problem?
Old 10th May 2012, 08:04   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your inputs,
I have had the same problem with my 2009 ANHC.

I was running low on fuel (DTE showed ~70 km) when I filled 5 liters from a random highway petrol pump. Even after filling, there was no change to the fuel gauge position or to the DTE. In fact, after 20 km or so, the low fuel warning lamp came on.

To this day, I'm not sure if the folks at the pump pulled a fast one on me :/
Old 11th May 2012, 18:16   #1600
Senior - BHPian

The DTE meter has issues when nearing empty. Once it reaches the reserve level, the meter goes into a trance. After you fill few litres, its goes back to normal. Had this issue few times. Nothing to panic. Just ensure you are watching the bunk guys.
Old 12th May 2012, 13:15   #1601
BHPian

Guys any idea how much the Jazz travels after the fuel lamp comes on?
I have been filling tank to tank and during a recent drive, i travelled some 20 odd kms after the fuel lamp came on. After the lamp came on, the range was being shown 0 constantly, but yet managed to travel 20kms. The tank fill after that was 33 liters!

Last edited by freak1201 : 12th May 2012 at 13:39.
Old 12th May 2012, 15:23   #1602
BHPian

Guys,

I thought I'd share this news with you! I booked my Jazz X Rallye Red during the 2nd week of March, and it has already been billed!

The dealership called to inform me that I will be able to go through the PDI by next weekend, and delivery after registration the next day!

These threads here have helped me a lot to be sure about the order, and to go ahead with the booking even though the original expected delivery timeframe was about 5 months!

Now, I will be using the PDI checklist from our own forum to perform the PDI to the best of my abilities.

I've asked them to see what can they offer me out of:
1. Reverse Parking sensor (not the camera ones), body colored;
2. Honda Pillows (2x);
3. Door visors.

Could any of you provide ballpark figures on prices for these? I don't expect them to provide anything free though! :(

Also, I've told them not to put up any stickers, or slogans anywhere on the car. But, I've allowed them to put their dealership name on the number plate.

Any suggestions to follow till and after delivery are welcome.

Thanks!
Old 13th May 2012, 14:30   #1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
Under ideal driving conditions, it runs about 50 kms. I know this from personal experience as we were driving from B'lore to Goa on a highway & the dreaded lamp came out around midnight. We managed to drive it around 40 kms. before we could find the next fuel station. That was a close save !

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post

Dakshin isn't the best of dealers when it comes to keeping promises. I'd booked a Jazz Select UT in Aug 2011 with a promised waiting period of 2 months' (Whitefield was not taking any bookings then citing long waiting time, but Dakshin was confident of delivery). After waiting for 2 months, I was asked to wait another 4 months for my booking or upgrade to XMT. I chose the latter but had a bitter experience of the dealer not being transparent in their dealings.

Having said that, there's not much to differentiate between dealers. Like other opinions on the forum, please keep the proximity from home & other factors in mind before finalizing your dealer.
JazzXBlore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 10:43   #1604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
I have been filling tank to tank and during a recent drive, i travelled some 20 odd kms after the fuel lamp came on. After the lamp came on, the range was being shown 0 constantly, but yet managed to travel 20kms. The tank fill after that was 33 liters!
The tank capacity being 42 litres, that means that 8 litres was still there in the car. Minus 1 litre for contingency and that leaves 7. At 12-14 km/l that still means it can go 80-100 km AFTER the light comes on.
Old 14th May 2012, 15:49   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman18 View Post
The autolock is a feature incorporated in the Jazz that if you do not open any door within 30 seconds after unlocking, the car will lock itself. it will lock the fuel cap and the boot as well. I haven't had any complaints with the fuel lid as if it remains in the closed position while locking, it is securely locked.
Sorry. Jazzman - can you explain how the autolocking works. To me expectation is that - i unlock the car, get in, start engine and start driving. Expect the doors to lock if i dont open any door after engine start ( at least).
But this doesnt happen in jazz.
Is there any programming of keys or something that needs ot be done? or is it a X feature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks