Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2012, 23:16   #1561
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The answer for your question is already there in the message quoted above. Now that the production woes are sorted out and sales is picking up, I don’t expect Honda to discontinue Jazz. Go for the TD, and if you like it go ahead with the booking. All the best!
Thanks! The TD went well. Finished the booking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
dreamz91, welcome to the Jazz club.
Thanks!

Quote:
I had checked out Whitefield but the sales reps there didn't look very enthusiastic about selling, so I dropped them.
You're right. As iwasntme says, Whitefield Honda guys seem to be accepting bookings only for the select and the X.

Quote:
So now I am thinking of canceling my booking with Dakshin and booking it with Magnum. The sales manager in Magnum has been honest all the time about the delivery time for the base and Select variant.
Did you go ahead with the booking? Which variant are you finally going with?

Quote:
Btw dreamz91, did you manage to get any freebies/discounts from whitefield?
Nope, no discounts and no freebies. Not even mudflaps or floor mats. The sales lady apparently finds no reservations in telling me that I should consider myself lucky that they're even taking my booking! They're pitching the whopping reduction in the wait time as the priceless discount. This is what it has come to now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Booked a Jazz X , Urban Titanium today. Promised a delivery in 30-45 days. This was my wife's 1st choice, before we went and booked the Ertiga Zdi since bookings for Jazz were not being taken. Since we have no clue on the delivery of ertiga and we needed a car in another month, also booked the Jazz. In all likelihood, will cancel the Ertiga.
Price on road - Rs 6.85L
Hey, congratulations! 6.85L OTR for the XMT!? Is this a discounted price? Which city is this in? Can you please share the dealer details as well? I booked an XMT (UT) today in Bangalore, with Whitefield Honda and the OTR is 7.81L including 8K for the accessory kit (body colored grille+rear spoiler). This is almost a lac more than the price you've got it for!!!
dreamz91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 06:45   #1562
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, It seems to be a fact that for whatever reason (relatively lower individual margin, lower monthly/quarterly target bonus from Honda, not a 'focus' model for Honda - Base especially so), dealers are genuinely NOT very interested in the Jazz.

My visit to a Honda showroom here in BLR resulted in a strong push for the Brio rather than the much more expensive Jazz, which seems so logically incorrect :-)

I think with the relatively high localization levels of the Brio, Honda makes MUCH more than the Jazz's more SKD-type components/powertrain etc, hence Honda is rewarding dealers far more (comparatively) for Brio sales.

Shame what arrogant initial pricing followed by the Thailand floods and now this step-motherly treatment is doing to this great car :-(

Last edited by itwasntme : 6th May 2012 at 06:53. Reason: Grammar!
Old 6th May 2012, 07:52   #1563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz91 View Post
Hey, congratulations! 6.85L OTR for the XMT!? Is this a discounted price? Which city is this in? Can you please share the dealer details as well? I booked an XMT (UT) today in Bangalore, with Whitefield Honda and the OTR is 7.81L including 8K for the accessory kit (body colored grille+rear spoiler). This is almost a lac more than the price you've got it for!!!
Nopes, no discounts. This includes the 8K accessory kit as well.

This is in Gurgaon, which is one of the lowest when it comes to on road prices for cars. Blore obviously is one of the most expensive places to buy a car.
what was the waiting period given to you?
Old 6th May 2012, 09:03   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Nopes, no discounts. This includes the 8K accessory kit as well.

This is in Gurgaon, which is one of the lowest when it comes to on road prices for cars. Blore obviously is one of the most expensive places to buy a car.
what was the waiting period given to you?
Whadda! I knew NCR was cheaper. But, 1L is way too much! Wonder how well it will work out to purchase a vehicle there, transport it here and pay the road tax and claim a refund from Delhi for the road tax. Shouldn't be more than 20K-30K, for sure!?

The dealer has promised me delivery in a month. They seemed confident enough. Keeping fingers crossed ...
Old 6th May 2012, 12:39   #1565
BHPian

Hello all - quick update.

Took delivery of my Select (UT) yesterday. Though don't believe too much on numerology, it is a sheer coincidence 05-05(May)-05(2012) - got the registration of 9707 (sum to 5) .

Drove about 50+ kms in 2 days am really glad on the machine.

Indeed - the moment you get in and start the ignition - you are well at home. Yes, definetly some learning on the console & nicey things around. But for a drive - you are immediately welcome by this lovely piece (note - was driving santro xing for last 6 months !).

Will try to get some detailed report - post first service.

Meanwhile, my hearty thanks to the brilliant knowledge share by the Team-BHP team. And i feel proud everytime, i mention the name of team-bhp in my discussion with the dealer /wife / f-in-law (or) anyone who talk to my about cars !.

Thank you folks. You are the STAR.

Cheers,
Jay
Old 6th May 2012, 19:49   #1566
BHPian

GC in new Jazz and other niceties

I have been looking for a hatchback, and the Jazz tops my "petrol" shortlist! While I'm totally sold on the car's packaging and engine, I had a couple of questions on some minor aspects. Hoping that Jazz aficionados here can help me out!

1. Ground clearance

I would be using the car in the midst of Bangalore's legendary speed bumps, so GC is an issue I'm a little concerned about. Is there any improvement in the new Jazz's ground clearance? I find driving an ANHC around town a torture in this respect. I hope the lighter Jazz is better in this department? How does the new Jazz's GC compare against the Swift and i20?

2. Accessories

Is it possible to get after-market accessories for -
(a) Automatic window roll-up? [the Honda dealer I spoke to was doubtful..not sure why]

(b) Bluetooth integration with the stock HU. Also, is anyone aware of a dash-kit for fitting an aftermarket HU on the Jazz?

(c) Amp and sub [Not sure if the Jazz's HU has preouts]
Old 7th May 2012, 08:27   #1567
BHPian

Re: GC in new Jazz and other niceties

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I would be using the car in the midst of Bangalore's legendary speed bumps, so GC is an issue I'm a little concerned about. Is there any improvement in the new Jazz's ground clearance? I find driving an ANHC around town a torture in this respect. I hope the lighter Jazz is better in this department? How does the new Jazz's GC compare against the Swift and i20?
I down own a Jazz yet, am sure some of the owners will be able to give you a better opinion. But, I've taken her out for a TD and GC was something I tested out hard, went at around 15 KMPH on a few bumps (as bad as you can find around Blore) and she did not scrape. From what I understand, though the GC is low, they've tuned up the suspension hard enough to handle bumps well enough. A few owners here say they haven't had any issue yet. A few have scraped at some point or the other but they say that you can manage by staggering wheels while approaching the bump (making sure only one wheel goes over the bump at a time).

Jazz's GC is 160mm while Swift's is 170mm. Given how well the Swift handles, I think swift should scrape rarely. i20's GC is 165mm but the suspension is too soft. I've seen a colleague scrape the bottom even over a well laid-out bump, when 5 of us were in the car.
dreamz91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 11:13   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
1. Ground clearance

From my experience of the City (pre facelift) and Jazz, its really easy to scrape the bottom if you have 5 on board with some luggage. Thats mainly attributed to the soft suspension set up. However, if you are driving alone, and employ scrape avoidance techniques, you should have no problems.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ing-belly.html
vinod332002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 14:17   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
1. Ground clearance

GC is an issue in Jazz. I have driven my friends Jazz a number of times in Blr and with 4 people in the car, I have scraped several times despite taking great care and slowing down. You need to live with it atleast in Blr. I have booked a Jazz although Gurgaon doesn't have huge humps like in Blr.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 15:23   #1570
Senior - BHPian

@nurni76; You can use the cheap fix of GTO. This is to install rubber donuts in the coil springs. Simple, and it works. Should work for all cars with coil springs. So far I have not seen any negative opinion. See http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ension-21.html
Old 7th May 2012, 16:18   #1571
BHPian

Honda jazz though may not have a huge fan following but is surely a head turner amongst the hatches. The space matches some of the compact sedans and the principle of honda "Man Maximum and machine minimum" is also really great. Moreover the pride of owning a honda is awesome. And the moment one sits inside the car, he is blown off WRT the fit finish and the beauty of interiors. Really wish if they had a diesel option.
Old 7th May 2012, 18:00   #1572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
Hello all - quick update.

Took delivery of my Select (UT) yesterday. Though don't believe too much on numerology, it is a sheer coincidence 05-05(May)-05(2012) - got the registration of 9707 (sum to 5) .
Giyap - Congrats on your jazz. Please do create an ownership experience thread. I have been wanting to create one, but hurdles in form of laptop crash and too little personal time on weekends is hurting.

Quote:
GC is an issue in Jazz. I have driven my friends Jazz a number of times in Blr and with 4 people in the car, I have scraped several times despite taking great care and slowing down. You need to live with it atleast in Blr. I have booked a Jazz although Gurgaon doesn't have huge humps like in Blr.
While it does scrap with 5 onboard, the good thing is that scrapping occurs on a horizontal support structure that runs across in the middle. So small scraps shouldnt be of an issue greatly.
I had agreed to dealer's unerbody coating and he said we can check on this scrapping periodically during service and re-apply the coat if required.
vigneshA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 18:47   #1573
BHPian

I own a 5 year old Alto. I test drove a Honda Jazz last saturday when I was in my home town, Erode. Asked for a TD from the local dealer who is none other than the SUNDARAM HONDA (read bad reviews about Chennai Sundaram Honda). Being the only dealer in town, I had to approach them.

Well... atleast they employed local people, so the TD was pleasant, responses were prompt and hey showed good enthusiasm. Test drove both BRIO and JAZZ. Wifey rejected BRIO due to its tiny boot. (The Sales guy told that 28 BRIOs were booked between April and May 4. And for Erode, that's some good numbers for a month). I did not like the car in flesh, Neither cool looking (hate the all-exposing full glass boot door), Nor I was impressed by the interiors. Also, I felt that BRIO's dash looked cheap. Seriously un-aesthetic design. I being a designer, was unhappy about it. BRIO was shown the gate as it failed miserably in the boot space and dash design. Then came in the Jazz.

Wifey was 'wow'ed by Jazz. The big car feel, easy ingress, the sheer space, reclining magic seats, and the big boot area made her smile big. Test drove the Jazz with 4 adults, and it passed the ride quality, performance etc. I dont drive more than 120 max.. so 140 160 180 doesnt matter to me. Overall a brilliant package, without a diesel engine. Analogy would be - iphone without iOS. And the sore thing is - no discounts from HONDA. But at the dealer end, they were ready to offer some basic freebies if I confirm booking. Delivery is less than 30 days. But guaranteed that I will be able to get one in 2 weeks. Here is the price list I got.

Jazz Std - 6.91 OTR
Jazz Select - 7.19 OTR
Jazz X - 7.46 OTR

Interestingly Chennai Sundaram Honda's price list (which includes everything) showed lesser prices. 9-10k diff for all 3 models. Asked the local sales guy, and he was not aware of the price diff. Later he agreed that if the price difference is real he will come up with matching price.

Overall, I liked Jazz. Like other Jazz lovers say - its a brilliant package. Except the sore Petrol-only engine option.

Right now, Jazz is the only Petrol hatchback in my radar, that competes with my preferred list of HBs - Diesel i20 and Diesel Figo. Soon, I'll be booking any one of the three cars mentioned.

PS : When I was going through Coimbatore on saturday evening, I enquired Diesel Fabia's price at Millennium Motors. No discounts on Fabia diesel, and price range from some 7 to 8+ lacs. But surprised to know that Millennium is offering some H U G E discounts on all variants of 2011 Petrol Fabias in stock. OTR = almost SRP

Last edited by rajeshsundaram : 7th May 2012 at 18:55.
Old 7th May 2012, 21:40   #1574
BHPian

I was just reading autocar march 2012 edition wherein they have mentioned that JAZZ backlog will be cleared by june giving prefernce to city and then brio. MODS please delete the post if off topic.
Old 7th May 2012, 22:44   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@nurni76; You can use the cheap fix of GTO. This is to install rubber donuts in the coil springs. Simple, and it works. Should work for all cars with coil springs. So far I have not seen any negative opinion. See http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ension-21.html
Does that void the warranty/guarantee in any way? Would be terrible to find out later if it does

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks