Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2012, 15:31   #1546
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Many people may also have cancelled and though it is much cheaper than when it was launched, it is still very expensive as compared to its competition as also some small sedans.
Old 4th May 2012, 16:09   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Looks like the Thailand factory is really working overtime and hopefully (after a few more months) Honda will even contemplate extending some (nominal maybe) discounts on Jazz :-)

There is definitely something on these lines. I had booked my Jazz Select- Rallye Red through Solitaire Honda Mumbai around the 20th of March. At the time of booking I was assured of delivery only after August 2012. However during this week I have already received two calls informing of immediate delivery of Alabaster Silver and Tafetta White shades. As I did not wish to change the color I declined. Another friend of mine who wanted to gift his a jazz on wife on her birthday in September booked the Jazz last week through the same dealer. Imagine his surprise when he gets a call today stating that his black select has come to the stockyard. He had just paid the booking amount not bothering to make any arrangements for the balance so soon. Either the production has been ramped up or there has been a spate of cancellations.
Old 4th May 2012, 16:31   #1548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
Either the production has been ramped up or there has been a spate of cancellations.
Must be a mix of these factors! Cancellations must be higher than normal due to the following:

1.Recent (more-than-warranted) price increase from Honda
2. Rumours of Jazz being discontinued as a model entirely (baseless I think)
2. Launches of the plush i-Gen i20 and especially the Ertiga.
3. Suddenly, the Ertiga gives you an even more modern powerful engine (K14 gives 94 bhp vs Jazz's 89 bhp), more space at a slightly higher price, looks somewhat like a stretched Jazz, gives roughly the same mileage (ARAI - 16.02 vs Jazz's 16.7), has the Maruti brandname and service network
4. For some people, the Jazz was a gateway to the 'Honda' league. Now the Brio has filled that gap too
5.. People simply tired of waiting!!
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 22:57   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Must be a mix of these factors! Cancellations must be higher than normal due to the following:

1.Recent (more-than-warranted) price increase from Honda
2. Rumours of Jazz being discontinued as a model entirely (baseless I think)
2. Launches of the plush i-Gen i20 and especially the Ertiga.
3. Suddenly, the Ertiga gives you an even more modern powerful engine (K14 gives 94 bhp vs Jazz's 89 bhp), more space at a slightly higher price, looks somewhat like a stretched Jazz, gives roughly the same mileage (ARAI - 16.02 vs Jazz's 16.7), has the Maruti brandname and service network
4. For some people, the Jazz was a gateway to the 'Honda' league. Now the Brio has filled that gap too
5.. People simply tired of waiting!!
Folks, I've been making enquiries into Jazz over the past cpl of weeks too. Only last WED (25 APR), I was quoted a waiting time of around 6-9 months for the XMT and 2-3 months for the Select (from Whitefield Honda, Bangalore). By Friday, it came down to 3-4 months for the XMT and today, I'm told they can deliver it within a month! It's unbelievable! I'm glad as hell, sure, but it's too walloping for comfort. I've booked a test drive tomorrow. Original plan was to go ahead with the booking if the TD goes well. Wondering now if I should take caution, though. When I quizzed the sales lady about this, she dismissed my concern as just rumors floating around and assured me Honda has no plans of discontinuing the Jazz. But then, I doubt she'd have told me anything else, in any case!

It is a proven car from Honda, so, rationale tells me there isn't too much to worry about. It's hard to reason out why Honda would discontinue such a great car, especially when they're already losing market share due to lack of diesel engines. But, even if they do, for lack of profit margin or for any other reason, or even if they reduce production drastically to prioritize the brio and the city, the jazz shares its platform and most part of the components with the city, so, spares shouldn't be too much problem either.

I'm thinking of booking a Jazz XMT (UT) if the TD goes well tomorrow. Gurus, fellow newbies, please let me know if you guys think I should wait for a few weeks instead. Thanks in advance for your response. Appreciate it.
Old 5th May 2012, 07:51   #1550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz91 View Post
It is a proven car from Honda, so, rationale tells me there isn't too much to worry about. It's hard to reason out why Honda would discontinue such a great car, especially when they're already losing market share due to lack of diesel engines. But, even if they do, for lack of profit margin or for any other reason, or even if they reduce production drastically to prioritize the brio and the city, the jazz shares its platform and most part of the components with the city, so, spares shouldn't be too much problem either.
I'm thinking of booking a Jazz XMT (UT) if the TD goes well tomorrow. Gurus, fellow newbies, please let me know if you guys think I should wait for a few weeks instead. Thanks in advance for your response. Appreciate it.
The answer for your question is already there in the message quoted above. Now that the production woes are sorted out and sales is picking up, I don’t expect Honda to discontinue Jazz. Go for the TD, and if you like it go ahead with the booking. All the best!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 11:49   #1551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Peepsimus, as said, the car comes with carpet floor mat. I think thats ok for summer, while for monsoon a rubber floor mat would do good.
Did you get your car delivered ? which version and color and what was the OTR. Do post in your review.
My laptop crash combined with long weekend has been delaying mine.
Hi Vignesh, got the car delivered on 13th April with unbelievable waiting period of just 6 weeks!

Sorry couldn't post details as the same weekend shifted house - and getting the internet connection at the new place has become a challenge. will post a detailed review soon.

Model: Jazz Select
Color : Rallye Red
Kms run since delivery: 250km
Mileage - 13.5 as per the on-board data
OTR (Bangalore): 6.48 with zero dep insurance and extended warranty

the past 20 days with the car have been joy! planning to add a few accessories this month.
Old 5th May 2012, 11:58   #1552
BHPian

dreamz91, welcome to the Jazz club. I've booked my Jazz base variant with Dakshin Honda (as they said they will deliver it by June) but now they have changed their words and saying that it will 2 months more, but if i want early delivery i can go with the Select variant instead, which is 30,000 inr more. I didn't like this; they lying to me so that i will book it with them and then changing their stance. I had checked out Whitefield but the sales reps there didn't look very enthusiastic about selling, so I dropped them. I dropped Magnum as the waiting period there was 4 months for base variant, but i liked their showroom and workshop which was huge and well maintained.
But I have read mixed reviews about all these dealers here in BLR, so no one is perfect.

So now I am thinking of canceling my booking with Dakshin and booking it with Magnum. The sales manager in Magnum has been honest all the time about the delivery time for the base and Select variant.

Btw dreamz91, did you manage to get any freebies/discounts from whitefield?
harryskt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 12:48   #1553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
I had checked out Whitefield but the sales reps there didn't look very enthusiastic about selling
Harryskt, I also visited Whitefield and they confidently told me that Base was simply not available and pushed the Select instead. In fact they stated that Base cannot be booked any more through them!

Is this a dealer-level tactic to push customers towards the (in my opinon) more expensive Select (extra 30k for Honda alloys, reclining rear seats, rear parcel tray and worse-looking chrome on the front grill and rear boot ), or is this an unofficial Honda tactic to slowly phase out the Base variant?

Sometimes, I think car manufacturers and their dealers think customers are complete fools.
Old 5th May 2012, 13:27   #1554
Senior - BHPian

I am on the lookout for a 3rd car and this was on my top of the list.

Called Honda and they can deliver in 10 days !!! Who said months waiting ?

Brio also available in 10 days.

Will be going for a TD tomorrow as have never even sat in one.
Old 5th May 2012, 13:33   #1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepsimus View Post
OTR (Bangalore): 6.48 with zero dep insurance and extended warranty

the past 20 days with the car have been joy! planning to add a few accessories this month.
6.48 OTR for Select or Base version? I thought Select OTR in Bangalore is more than 7 lakhs.
Old 5th May 2012, 13:38   #1556
BHPian

Just checked with a dealer in Bangalore and production is resumed. Rumours of it being discontinued are not true.

BTW, I own a Jazz Select edition bought in May 2010. Paid Rs. 8.6 laks on road for it in Bangalore.

I got the side step garnish (all four doors) + Michelin Energy XM1 tyres with it.

Its now Rs. 7 laks on road :(

Regards
Iridium
Old 5th May 2012, 16:34   #1557
BHPian

Booked a Jazz X , Urban Titanium today. Promised a delivery in 30-45 days. This was my wife's 1st choice, before we went and booked the Ertiga Zdi since bookings for Jazz were not being taken. Since we have no clue on the delivery of ertiga and we needed a car in another month, also booked the Jazz. In all likelihood, will cancel the Ertiga.
Price on road - Rs 6.85L

Last edited by nurni76 : 5th May 2012 at 16:36.
Old 5th May 2012, 17:13   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan View Post
6.48 OTR for Select or Base version? I thought Select OTR in Bangalore is more than 7 lakhs.
sorry for the typo my friend, its 7.48 and not 6.48
Was planning to get the tints done this month but I guess the Supreme Court's recent directive on tints will make it wait..
Old 5th May 2012, 18:21   #1559
BHPian

There is so less clarity on Jazz deliveries and bookings. While Honda dealership in Mumbai (Apex Honda to be precise) is still not accepting bookings and stated that deliveries will take at least 6 months for the current bookings that they have; Pune dealerships are committing deliveries in 45-60 days (I spoke to 3 dealers there).

So don't quite understand what is with these Mumbai Honda Dealership.
Old 5th May 2012, 18:44   #1560
BHPian

Bangalore is another world altogether!! My representative at Magnum Honda kept insisting he will give me a clear picture by Friday (yesterday), but even after call him yesterday, he didn't provide any information, saying he'll call me back in 15 minutes!

Of course, he never called back. Today, I called him again, and he asked for 5 minutes so that he could check his "system" for "information". After that my calls have gone unanswered as well as an SMS reminder has probably been ignored!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks