Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2012, 16:26   #1531
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriram iyer View Post
I booked a Jazz Select in September 2011 from Dakshin Honda - Bangalore. At the time, the ex showroom price was 5.89. The dealer now says the price has jumped up by 50K on account of the increase in excise duties.

This is significantly higher than the 15K indicated on this link
honda jazz price in india 2012 » Net 4 Surf

Can someone confirm the price difference that one should expect to pay - post budget.

I would also appreciate a pointer on accessories worth evaluating and things to check before taking delivery

regards
Sriram Iyer
Honda has bumped up the price (as have most manufacturers from January 2012 or for 2012 models I believe). The final increase is much higher due to cascading effect of price rise + excise duty. So VAT, RTO, etc. all increase more.

You can try all you like, but once you have made payment there is not much you can do. Try and get any problem in writing, so that it can be rectified FOC later on.
Old 28th April 2012, 18:11   #1532
BHPian

I have checked with some multibrand car dealers about jazz availibility period, 2 dealers said jazz production is almost stopped and it may be discontinued. I have almost decided to book the car next week, but even though this is not confirmed news I am rethinking about booking.

Last edited by _Vyenky : 28th April 2012 at 18:14.
Old 28th April 2012, 23:24   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky View Post
I have checked with some multibrand car dealers about jazz availibility period, 2 dealers said jazz production is almost stopped and it may be discontinued.
If this is indeed true, it would be a tragic end to a wonderfully spacious hatch.
How I wish Honda had to sell off the Jazz model to Maruti. The car would have sold like hot cakes.
Old 30th April 2012, 10:56   #1534
Senior - BHPian

All Jazz owners, can you check if there is a plastic cover just below your engine crankcase? I see mine is missing and also another jazz and a city. I remember seeing the cover on the Thai jazz.
Old 30th April 2012, 14:47   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXBlore View Post
...Adding it will definitely help but you'd rather spend on some other accessory.
Thanks JazzXBlore (how apt the name !) . Yes. Have the same mind on - why not spend on something required on priority. But like everyone here feel - it is a nice to have thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriram iyer View Post
I booked a Jazz Select in September 2011 from Dakshin Honda - Bangalore. At the time, the ex showroom price was 5.89. The dealer now says the price has jumped up by 50K on account of the increase in excise duties.
Sriram - Have booked Jazz select on 18-apr-2012 & the on-road price is 615900 (ex-showroom, chennai). First year insurance - 16687.

Regarding accessories, this thread posting for last 2-3 pages talk about it & in general - it is your own personal liking. As a vehicle, you do not need anything to be added on Day1. Day 2 enhancements are always wish-list and it is endless !

BTW, gentle all - will be getting my Jazz Select in this week. Dealer called today & enquiring about registration. Will be doing a PDI in the next 2 days & may be will get delivery in weekend or early next week (calender / dates / timing etc.....).

May be i am very lucky for 2-3 week booking period or am just dreaming
Old 30th April 2012, 17:22   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXBlore

I'd tried with all dealers and finally got my car through Dakshin. No discounts and no freebies with the Jazz.
hi Jazzx,
Tried to pm you but you seem to have blocked it.
How has been your experience with Dakshin Honda?
I have read mixed reviews but I think no dealer is perfect.
And did they stick to the tentative date of delivery of your Jazz?
Old 30th April 2012, 17:32   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1

Sriram - Have booked Jazz select on 18-apr-2012 & the on-road price is 615900 (ex-showroom, chennai). First year insurance - 16687.

May be i am very lucky for 2-3 week booking period or am just dreaming
Hi gjiyap1

You have mentioned the OTR price of your Jazz Select variant in Chennai is ~6,15,900. Are you sure?
Because the OTR of Jazz base variant in Bangalore is ~7,18,000 (including insurance).
And I think there should not be a difference of more than 40-60,000 between Chennai and Bangalore prices (considering the higher road tax here).

And yes, delivery in 2 to 3 weeks of this awesome car is an awesome thing! I have been given a waiting period of approx 2 months, in BLR. Booked it last week.
harryskt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 21:09   #1538
BHPian

@giyap1 and harryskt - 615900 is the ex-show room price in Chennai. The on-raod would be anything close to 7.08 ( with dealer insurance ) + 9500 for RSA + Extended warranty.
@giyap1 - it is awesome to get the car in 15 days.
vigneshA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 17:47   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
And yes, delivery in 2 to 3 weeks of this awesome car is an awesome thing! I have been given a waiting period of approx 2 months, in BLR. Booked it last week.
My colleague booked a Jazz last week Wednesday from Whitefield Honda and he was promised a delivery time ranging from a best of 2 months to a worst of 4 months. To his surprise, he got a call from the dealer on Friday late evening saying there has been a cancellation of a white Jazz and they would be delivering his car this week. He was ecstatic, but me typical of a T BHPian wanted to check more - got the VAT number of the car and found that it was a factory fresh April 2012 manufactured car. Still not satisfied, went and physically inspected the car in the yard and found it to be perfect. It was only then that I asked him to let them do the registration. He will be getting the car tomorrow. Some people are lucky.
Old 1st May 2012, 19:02   #1540

Quote:
hi Jazzx,
Tried to pm you but you seem to have blocked it.
How has been your experience with Dakshin Honda?
I have read mixed reviews but I think no dealer is perfect.
And did they stick to the tentative date of delivery of your Jazz?
Hi Harry,

This is because I'm still a 'Newbie' & PMing facility is not enabled for my account yet. Dakshin is not the best of the dealers (but as you said - no dealer is perfect!). Most of the people whom I was interacting with have left Dakshin within the past 6 months which suggests their staff is also unhappy (like the Jazz customers)

The booking period at the time of booking was 8 weeks, which went upto 6 months. Was lucky than a cancellation made us opt for a different colour and variant than we'd originally selected. More at: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2627401
Old 1st May 2012, 21:57   #1541
BHPian

Thanks VigneshA.
harryskt - Yes my bad - have not given the OTR price. Need to check the invoice again - but considering the Leasing firm has done all the maths - have not concentrated much !.

Quote:
Hi gjiyap1
......Because the OTR of Jazz base variant in Bangalore is ~7,18,000 (including insurance).

Yes dinu2506 - some people indeed get lucky !
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
........ Some people are lucky.
Same here - have not believed the Jazz select UT available in 2 weeks. But today did a PDI and am glad to see the machine in flesh. First think checked the 9th & 10th character (VIN) it is DC (means april 2012).

Have 2 quick things. If someone can help here.

1. How is the Boot operated ?. The guy was saying, if the ignition is OFF, you can open the boot just by a press. And there is NO button / lever to open. Is it the way it works ?. If yes, how do i open - when my office security want to check the boot (on entry). What will happen - if i switch off ignition in a traffic signal & someone open the boot from behind

2. The new Jazz comes with reclining seats in the rear. But the guy not able to explain - how this is done. Tried searching in this thread - not able to find a reference. Please clarify.

Any other inputs - please feel free to post. Thanks in advance. I am indeed excited to get the Jazz home this weekend !
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:42   #1542
Senior - BHPian

1. Once unlocked, boot is opened by just by press at handle bottom. There is no lever/button. Same with fuel cap lid. Once locked, neither will open. Because of this system and no auto lock/unlock, one has to manually remember to lock / unlock with driver's door lock. I do not think ignition on/off has anything to do with it. But please correct me if I am wrong.

2. There is a lever on the top of the seat. Once this is released, one can set recline position (of that seat) and then further use it to fold it as well.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 20:35   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
1. Once unlocked, boot is opened by just by press at handle bottom. There is no lever/button. Same with fuel cap lid. Once locked, neither will open. Because of this system and no auto lock/unlock, one has to manually remember to lock / unlock with driver's door lock. I do not think ignition on/off has anything to do with it. But please correct me if I am wrong.

2. There is a lever on the top of the seat. Once this is released, one can set recline position (of that seat) and then further use it to fold it as well.
1. Agreed. However i think sometimes my car gets auto-locked ; not sure if its me forgetting locking it earlier. Will pay more attention and come back.
2. Setting it upright will liberate some space. But there s some space between parcel tray and the seat. Even in reclined position you can notice a small gap.
Old 2nd May 2012, 21:16   #1544

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
1. Agreed. However i think sometimes my car gets auto-locked ; not sure if its me forgetting locking it earlier. Will pay more attention and come back.
2. Setting it upright will liberate some space. But there s some space between parcel tray and the seat. Even in reclined position you can notice a small gap.
The autolock is a feature incorporated in the Jazz that if you do not open any door within 30 seconds after unlocking, the car will lock itself. it will lock the fuel cap and the boot as well. I haven't had any complaints with the fuel lid as if it remains in the closed position while locking, it is securely locked.

The gap is a quirk in the Jazz. Possibly, the gap in the parcel tray was incorporated to allow some leeway for the reclining rear seats or to allow the facility of removing the parcel tray completely.

Regards
Jazzman18
Old 4th May 2012, 15:28   #1545
Distinguished - BHPian

Whitefield Honda (Bangalore) says ready availability of Jazz Base and Select. Is this true? I though even recent bookings were under condition of at least a 2 month waiting period!

Looks like the Thailand factory is really working overtime and hopefully (after a few more months) Honda will even contemplate extending some (nominal maybe) discounts on Jazz :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks