Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 09:17   #1486
BANNED

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I would love to have bought the Jazz, when I was looking to buy a car in December 2010. At that time, the Jazz was overpriced and my budget was Rs 5 lakh. A few months after we bought the i10, the Jazz prices were reduced by about Rs 1 lakh and I may have considered stretching my Rs 5 lakh budget to about Rs 6.15 for the base Jazz, if we were still on the lookout for a new car.

Also, sometime in July 2011, we happened to visit the Jazz showroom and a salesman informed us that a customer wanted to sell off his fully loaded 2010 Jazz for about Rs 5 lakh! Had this offer been available a few months earlier, my signature could have read: "A Jazz lover"

What makes the Jazz even more desirable to me are the following two reasons:

1. Wife simply loves the Jazz for its cabin/boot space and the magic seat system.
2. Petrol prices have dropped by Rs 11 here in Goa (Petrol is now Rs 55 per litre), making the Jazz an even more attractive option for regular use.

With our i10 barely over a year old, it makes no economic sense to pop it off for the Jazz, no matter how much my heart yearns for the Jazz.
Well said Misquitas. My wife and I were also blown out when we first visited honda showroom during September'11 and we both decided that this would be our next car. However when we decieded to book the car during end Sept, booking was stopped because of fluds in thialand. SM informed us that we could only get the car by May / June 12. Thus we had to shift to 2012 Swift Dzire as we could not wait till that time. However I still feel pity somewhere in the heart that we could not have Jazz at least this time
Old 6th April 2012, 13:07   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Well said Misquitas. My wife and I were also blown out when we first visited honda showroom during September'11 and we both decided that this would be our next car. However when we decieded to book the car during end Sept, booking was stopped because of fluds in thialand. SM informed us that we could only get the car by May / June 12. Thus we had to shift to 2012 Swift Dzire as we could not wait till that time. However I still feel pity somewhere in the heart that we could not have Jazz at least this time
What also impressed us immensely about the Jazz is that most, if not all, security features are available on even the base model. More importantly, customers for the base Jazz don't feel like economy class customers. How many base variants in the Rs 6 lakh budget offer you this business class treatment?

I sincerely hope that Honda believes in the Jazz and continues selling this wonderful car. Amid reports that a Jazz price cut has hugely reduced profit margins and given the poor demand, I fear that Honda may quietly discontinue the Jazz, much in the same way that Ford discontinued another superb hatch for space management - Fusion.

Last edited by misquitas : 6th April 2012 at 13:13.
Old 6th April 2012, 18:39   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpatankar
I got a call from a Honda Dealer today saying Jazz bookings are now open, and he said he can deliver by May end if I book this week. He says they have started getting regular deliveries now, and backlog will get cleared out by May.
I just checked with the same dealer and my "X" is still not up for delivery till July!! Which one had you enquired about?
Old 7th April 2012, 11:28   #1489
Senior - BHPian

They still have problems with the X model. But generally seeing a lot more Jazz on the roads, someone office building got new select model before end-March.
Old 7th April 2012, 16:51   #1490
BHPian

Hi all - through company lease program got quote from the leasing company (ARVAL) on Jazz Select & the rep said, delivery might be in less than 8 weeks. Just fingers crossed !.

Btw, the quote is 686090 (OTR). And first year insurance is 16687 [Is this right quote ? - am yet to probe on the nature of this insurance]. He has not committed anything on the standard accessories, but said - they get the maximum from dealer.

Anyway, am planning to browse through more on this thread to make my wish-list ready !!!!. If you are kind enough, you can reply as well .

But considering Jazz is on demand & no festive reasons around - guess, it will be just another sale for dealer !.

Last edited by gjiyap1 : 7th April 2012 at 16:52. Reason: edit
Old 11th April 2012, 22:48   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Thanks Ricci and Srikanth. Ofcourse the wait was long - for about 5 months from Oct,with some dilemma in the middle about switch to diesel, mind or hear etc. But after this 1 1/2 days of ownership - heart feels right to have gone for this. Lets hope the mind too feels right ( car keeps good with no issues). Will get an ownership thread created soon.
Hey Vignesh, congratulations on the new Jazz!

Did your Jazz come with company provided floor mats or you had to pay extra for the same? The reason I ask this is I am expecting my Jazz to be delivered this week. Today, during the final payment settlement, the SA was pushing for an add-on of Rs. 3000. He said this would be for floor mats and car cover. He mentioned that the car doesn't come with any floor mats But I remember seeing a set of fabric-like floor mats kept on the back seat of the car when I went for the Pre-registration check. Also, while booking the car, the same SA had told that the 3k is for car cover and puncture kit but now the cost seems to be the mats! I smell something fishy here. Any inputs?
Old 12th April 2012, 11:02   #1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepsimus View Post
Today, during the final payment settlement, the SA was pushing for an add-on of Rs. 3000. He said this would be for floor mats and car cover. He mentioned that the car doesn't come with any floor mats But I remember seeing a set of fabric-like floor mats kept on the back seat of the car when I went for the Pre-registration check. Also, while booking the car, the same SA had told that the 3k is for car cover and puncture kit but now the cost seems to be the mats! I smell something fishy here. Any inputs?
The 3000 include car cover, rubber floor mats and an air freshner.
Now the Jazz comes with fabric-like floor mats. Your salesman is telling about additional mats. Take them if you want them. I found them useful because the default mats gather mud and requires more effort to clean. But rubber mats are not very nice to look at. So it is up to you. There is a puncture kit by default if i am not wrong. Will check and update here.
All the best
Old 12th April 2012, 20:42   #1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepsimus

Hey Vignesh, congratulations on the new Jazz!
===========
Also, while booking the car, the same SA had told that the 3k is for car cover and puncture kit but now the cost seems to be the mats! I smell something fishy here. Any inputs?
Rs.3000 is for car cover and puncture kit. The fabric mats , spare head lamp bulb and first aid kit are default with car. Rubber mats were quoted extra when i took delivery , but i didn't go for it as i plan to get custom mats.
Old 13th April 2012, 00:35   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
Rs.3000 is for car cover and puncture kit. The fabric mats , spare head lamp bulb and first aid kit are default with car. Rubber mats were quoted extra when i took delivery , but i didn't go for it as i plan to get custom mats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdhar View Post
The 3000 include car cover, rubber floor mats and an air freshner.
Now the Jazz comes with fabric-like floor mats. Your salesman is telling about additional mats. Take them if you want them. I found them useful because the default mats gather mud and requires more effort to clean. But rubber mats are not very nice to look at. So it is up to you. There is a puncture kit by default if i am not wrong. Will check and update here.
All the best
Thanks Azdhar and avikannan. The SA was referring to the fabric mats (he said, Sir didn't you see the mats kept on the backseat? They are for Rs. 1500 and Rs. 1500 is for the car cover. I called up Honda One to One and the executive, of course, was not sure whether the fabric floor mats are a standard issue or not and said that he needed to check with the company which possibly means that the toll free number goes to a outsourcing call center partner. I think I will directly take up the matter with the Sales Manager, who in fact, has been very helpful through out the process.

I will be taking the delivery today (Friday) and will try to write a review at the earliest.
Old 13th April 2012, 12:19   #1495
BHPian

News of a brand new 2013 model have been floating since yesterday with new designs and a diesel engine to boot. Thank god! Honda are serious to take on the competition!

Some news to munch on for the time being. Google up for the sleek new images which are floating on the web. Looking sleeker than ever before with those Altis-ish headlights.

All new Honda Jazz to be launched in 2013. To come with a diesel plant | Motoroids
Old 16th April 2012, 10:38   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepsimus View Post
I will be taking the delivery today (Friday) and will try to write a review at the earliest.
Peepsimus, as said, the car comes with carpet floor mat. I think thats ok for summer, while for monsoon a rubber floor mat would do good.
Did you get your car delivered ? which version and color and what was the OTR. Do post in your review.
My laptop crash combined with long weekend has been delaying mine.
vigneshA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 11:10   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
News of a brand new 2013 model have been floating since yesterday with new designs and a diesel engine to boot. Thank god! Honda are serious to take on the competition!

All new Honda Jazz to be launched in 2013. To come with a diesel plant | Motoroids
From the article:

Quote:
We won’t be too surprised to see a 1200cc 3 cylinder turbocharged common rail unit under the hood....
we won’t be too surprised if the car comes with LEDs incorporated into its headlight assembly.
Guess the writer is very hard to impress. He is never surprised no matter what

With all expectations and no base, I would take this view VERY lightly. I don't think Honda diesel is so near, just next year. Few months ago we had a thread that Honda diesel is atleast 3 years away.
Old 16th April 2012, 14:29   #1498
BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer that the car is now at the yard. This is a Jazz X UMT, booked in the last week of August last year. That is one helluva delay. Just keep that in mind when the dealers are promising deliveries in a month or so, I'd assume it is going to take a while for them to clear all old orders. This is Apex Honda, Mumbai
Old 16th April 2012, 15:11   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
From the article:

Guess the writer is very hard to impress. He is never surprised no matter what

With all expectations and no base, I would take this view VERY lightly. I don't think Honda diesel is so near, just next year. Few months ago we had a thread that Honda diesel is atleast 3 years away.
We still dont know yet but the current generation may be at its last cycle, forget the fact they launched it late in India. So globally we never know..am pretty optimistic about the launch. Same happened when the new civic got launched and it DID get launched officially!
Old 16th April 2012, 18:36   #1500

Has the booking for Honda Jazz started in Bangalore?

Any update from other citities?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks