Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 12:18   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
I am personally dissappointed on this GC issue - my Siena has been driven on absolute rubbish broken roads & yet with 5 people+ luggage it just swallows the potholes

Would have loved the Linea to have the same robust over-engineered chassis - arent the Fiat cars coming to India supposed to be designed for 3rd world country roads ?? ( I assumed the current Linea chassis to be a robust one tested in South America )

I found on fiat website that GC of Linea petrol is 165 mm & Linea Diesel is 161 mm.

So, Linea diesel is more prone to get "thuds" from speed breakers.

Why there is such a difference?
Old 19th May 2009, 13:29   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
I found on fiat website that GC of Linea petrol is 165 mm & Linea Diesel is 161 mm.

Probably because the diesel engine is heavier than the petrol engine!
Old 19th May 2009, 15:20   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post

GC of Fiat Siena is 170mm - 5-9 mm greater than Linea Petrol/diesel - i guess that makes a lot of difference in driving in Indian roads
Old 19th May 2009, 16:03   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Probably because the diesel engine is heavier than the petrol engine!
Yup!
the kerb weight of Linea D is almost 50kg more than Linea P.
Old 19th May 2009, 17:30   #50
BHPian

Sathya , Congrats and Welcome to the Linea Club on TBHP
Old 21st May 2009, 11:04   #51
BHPian

Guys time for quick update:

Have done close to 200 odd kms (completely in the city)..

1. Handling is a dream.. One word to praise - its "exceptional"
2. Ride is fantastic.. I have got all praises from my family members and my office colleagues.
3. Mileage is hoovering around 11.5-12km/l.. This is given the fact that many a times the car is in idling in my office parking lot.. Its like a model in the ramp. Many of the them come up to me and ask for the cars features and they switch on the engine and idle it when we talk sitting inside the car. I feel it should be 12+1 km/l.. lets see.
4. GC is still an issue.. But better than before bacause of my adjustments while driving.
5. No rattling or any bizzare sounds so far..
6. I am getting used to the diesel.. Not feeling underpowered at all.. I manage to surge ahead in signals as well.. (quick gear changes does the trick).May be I should check in the highway also. (this weekend I am taking her for a spin, will post feedback)

Regards,
Sathya
Old 21st May 2009, 12:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
GC is still an issue.. But better than before bacause of my adjustments while driving
You will get used to it sathya in course of time . You will know the knack of driving the beauty comfortably soon.
Old 23rd May 2009, 15:56   #53
BHPian

Super, Fantastic, Excellent.. Oh.. I am running out of words!

Hello All..

Time for an update. I did a 370km round-trip today from Chennai to Thiruvannamalai..

Chennai to Thiruvannamalai:
Time taken: 2:55 Minutes
Avg Speed: 62 km/hr
Avg Mileage: 18km/lt
Top speed: 165km/hr @ 4400+ RPM(maintained for close to 6-7 seconds)

Thiruvannamalai to Chennai:
Time Taken: < 2:10 mins..exactly I am not aware)
Avg Speed: 91km/hr
Avg Mileage: 16km/hr
Top Speed: 172km/hr @ 4700+ RPM (Maintanied for 2-3 secs-- i did this in a straight line not in an incline)

Now the positives:
1. the car pulls effortlessly until 150-155 km/hr.. then it takes some time to get to 160/170..
2. Another important plus is - the way the car pulls after 80 km/hr at 5th gear is simply awesome.. Think, the auto car tests 20-80 (3rd gear -11.86 secs) and 40-100 (4th gear - 13.XX secs) are fully true..It can even take a verna in these specifics! (strictly my opinion)
3. Handling is simply superb.. The car wants to get into corners..
4. Brakes are amazing..
5. Ride is simply fantastic (eats the potholes seamlessly). My mom asked me to get down from 100km/hr when i was actually doing close to 150/160... She was stunned/shocked.. but started to shout!!
6. GC - hurray.. i didnt scrap even a single bump..

Negative:

1. Noise creeps into cabin above 130/140.. But to be honest I like the roar.. Its not moaning.. its actually roaring!
2. I have to really think to get any more... Actually no negatives..

One problem I am not able to restrict pressing the pedal given her handling capabilities.. have to change this habit. Next time I have to keep her within 120km/hr..

I am in heaven...cloud 9... what not.... with my beauty! Its an amazing experience.. which i have never got in any other car.. Hats off LINEA!

Cheers!
Sathya

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 23rd May 2009 at 15:59. Reason: Typo..
Old 23rd May 2009, 16:39   #54
BHPian

great write up sathya.
you are positively in love with your linea.
good the know about the performance and mileage.if fiat gets their A.S.S in order this time around they surely will do well in the long run.
Old 23rd May 2009, 17:06   #55
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hi Satya,

Nice review. Could feel the excitement you were going through. Thiruvanamalai to Chennai in 2 hours and 10 min is a very quick time.

As the babe is still new, would suggest not to push her hard till the "break-in" period. Also, would suggest not to drive too fast until you get to know the car better.

Safe driving & enjoy your ride!!!

Cheers
Old 23rd May 2009, 20:14   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Hi Satya,

As the babe is still new, would suggest not to push her hard till the "break-in" period. Also, would suggest not to drive too fast until you get to know the car better.

Safe driving & enjoy your ride!!!

Cheers
Thanks man! Yeah.. I know I made a severe mistake.. pusing her very very hard during the run-in period (the car has just done 600kms). Hope nothing happens...

I have to change my driving style..

Regards,
Sathya
Old 23rd May 2009, 20:55   #57
BHPian

Ha ha Sathya, the Linea sure is driving pleasure guaranteed.Now, that's my reason for admiration more than the looks. The driving pleasure is the sheer reason every Sunday I feel like going out for a long drive into the outskirts. Drive safe and enjoy every mile buddy.
Old 23rd May 2009, 23:38   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Thanks man! Yeah.. I know I made a severe mistake.. pusing her very very hard during the run-in period (the car has just done 600kms). Hope nothing happens...

I have to change my driving style..

Regards,
Sathya
Sathya

Don't worry. nothing will happen, In fact, you'll feel she responses better. Some short-bursts are good to free her up/ open her up after which you'll feel she is much smoother

Enjoy!!
Old 25th May 2009, 09:47   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hope you enjoyed the trip atmost.
doing Average Speed 91 kmph was amazing and that's in TN state highway.
I also gone for a trip to same place before 3 weeks.
The road is not so good till senji fort.
Definitely Linea proves herself in this road as it's very eager to push hard in corners that we never felt like driving the car in corners.especially no one on board can feel if they slept.
Easily swallow every potholes.Only issues is the NVH.
It increases with rpm.There's no silenece after 3000 rpm.little irritant for parents but for drivers like ours,it's like a dream comes under/cop our foot.

I planned to go for Diesel,the reason behind is to reduce running cost.
But i have done 4000kms in 40 days and spend alomst 8K+ for Diesel average 16kmpl.
Now-a-days by start of the week itself I am thinking of weekend trip and it never ends.
Planned to ask some increment in my company as i spend some good sum to feed my Silver Streak eagerly awaiting for.
Old 25th May 2009, 10:14   #60
BHPian

Wow! Reaching speeds of 160+ effortlessly is really nice to hear. I guess the Linea has more than the requisite amount of power to fly on Indian roads. Post some more pictures if you can.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks