Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2014, 23:48   #1291
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneOp View Post
I have a question on back seat comfort of Ritz VXi. I am planning on buying a new car which will be a daily beater - driven primarily by my driver who will ferry my father everyday from work and back. I am looking for car which has good/great rear seat comfort on short drive of 20 kms one way.

If you have any other idea do let me know. Other options that I am looking for are Ertiga and Zest, having said that I am on a shoe string budget.
Ritz has extremely good front seats, but is not the car for back seat comfort. The suspension is bumpy for rear passengers, the seats uncomfortable, and the leg space pathetic.

If you are looking for back seat comfort an Etios Liva is probably a much better bet.
Old 30th September 2014, 00:06   #1292
BANNED

Quote:
I am looking for car which has good/great rear seat comfort on short drive of 20 kms one way.

If you have any other idea do let me know. Other options that I am looking for are Ertiga and Zest, having said that I am on a shoe string budget.
Having used the Ritz VDi for 1 lakh kms and 3 years, I can vouch for everything except for rear seat comfort. For small trips it is OK but 40 kms will be difficult as it has a hard suspension and bouncy / bumpy ride. Since the primary users for the back seat will be your father, smooth and supple rode is what is needed along with space at the rear.

IMO, I'd suggest an Tata Indica Vista or Ertiga VXi / ZXi depending on your budget.

Both these cars are excellent when it comes to rear seat comfort and ride.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 08:27   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a question on back seat comfort of Ritz VXi. I am planning on buying a new car which will be a daily beater - driven primarily by my driver who will ferry my father everyday from work and back. I am looking for car which has good/great rear seat comfort on short drive of 20 kms one way.

The Ritz is a very good car, especially for people on the wrong side of 50. Its easy to get in and get out, its got good seat height which means you don't have to get up or get down, you just step out or step in

Bad seats and suspension can be taken care of. You can get your seats bolstered or contoured and get the suspension set up changed with different dampers, also, the right tyres will help in the ride quality

If not a Ritz, look for a used Manza, that comes with all of the above, standard!
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 09:54   #1294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Wrong car. Ritz is not great for backseat comfort. Your driver would be more comfortable out of the two!

Zest makes a lot more sense than the Ritz. Also - why not take a look at the Liva? Its bland alright - but is good in backseat comfort and reliability for a driver owned beater car.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 16:01   #1295
BHPian

Thanks a ton to a4anurag, TheARUN, CrAzY dRiVeR - Your insights are really helpful. I was going for Ritz due to discounts on offer but this clears all my doubt and I am going to test drive ertiga and zest and may be few others before i finalize.
Old 10th October 2014, 17:23   #1296
BHPian

I would like to know at what RPM @5th Gear , Ritz Petrol hits 100 kmph.
I have a Ritz VXi Genus and it is hitting the ton at 2800 RPM @ 5th Gear.
Is it allright
Old 10th October 2014, 17:34   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
I would like to know at what RPM @5th Gear , Ritz Petrol hits 100 kmph.
I have a Ritz VXi Genus and it is hitting the ton at 2800 RPM @ 5th Gear.
Is it allright
Hi InControl,
Your Ritz is perfectly fine. I have a Vxi too, and hits the ton at around the same rpm you mentioned, may be a tad less at 2600- 2700 rpm. Shouldn't be cause of worry I guess.
aswin ajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 17:41   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
Hi InControl,
Your Ritz is perfectly fine. I have a Vxi too, and hits the ton at around the same rpm you mentioned, may be a tad less at 2600- 2700 rpm. Shouldn't be cause of worry I guess.

Great
Many thanks for the confirmation.
Got confused because of the Tata Zest Revotron review

Quoting from the Tata Zest Official review
"While the engine shines in driveability, those expecting outright performance will be disappointed. Don't even mistakenly compare the Revotron to that explosive 1.2L TSI from the Polo. The Revotron motor certainly doesn't like to be revved hard. Take it past 3500 rpm and the engine gets a bit throaty. The needle turns red at 5500 rpm, with the engine sounding harsh, although you can take it up to 6000 rpm. On the expressway, the Zest is in its comfort zone cruising at legal speeds, and being driven in a sedate manner (< 4000 rpm). 100 kph in 5th gear is attained at 2300 rpm (identical to the Dzire & Amaze). You can switch to 'sport' mode on the highway, but this still isn't an engine that begs you to go faster. Don't get me wrong, performance is totally adequate for a family sedan, yet it's no tarmac scorcher like the VW TSI. Overtaking manoeuvres will definitely require downshifts. "

Is it mentioned correctly???
How can it be less for the Dzire & Amaze when Dzire has the same Petrol Engine as Ritz??

Last edited by InControl : 10th October 2014 at 17:43. Reason: Last line edited
Old 10th October 2014, 17:50   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
Great
Many thanks for the confirmation.
Got confused because of the Tata Zest Revotron review

Quoting from the Tata Zest Official review
"While the engine shines in driveability, those expecting outright performance will be disappointed. Don't even mistakenly compare the Revotron to that explosive 1.2L TSI from the Polo. The Revotron motor certainly doesn't like to be revved hard. Take it past 3500 rpm and the engine gets a bit throaty. The needle turns red at 5500 rpm, with the engine sounding harsh, although you can take it up to 6000 rpm. On the expressway, the Zest is in its comfort zone cruising at legal speeds, and being driven in a sedate manner (< 4000 rpm). 100 kph in 5th gear is attained at 2300 rpm (identical to the Dzire & Amaze). You can switch to 'sport' mode on the highway, but this still isn't an engine that begs you to go faster. Don't get me wrong, performance is totally adequate for a family sedan, yet it's no tarmac scorcher like the VW TSI. Overtaking manoeuvres will definitely require downshifts. "

Is it mentioned correctly???
How can it be less for the Dzire & Amaze when Dzire has the same Petrol Engine as Ritz??
The what rpm ? question actually is all dependent on the kind of gear ratios selected by the manufacturer. You may note that the Dzire also has Variable Valve Timing(VVT) on the newer models. Since the basic aim is to improve FE Maruti might also have altered the gear ratios to complement the VVT tech. To cut it short taller gearing will improve FE and reduce the rpm s which I guess explains the lower rpm on the Dzire, Amaze as well as the Zest Revotron.
aswin ajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 17:57   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
The what rpm ? question actually is all dependent on the kind of gear ratios selected by the manufacturer. You may note that the Dzire also has Variable Valve Timing(VVT) on the newer models. Since the basic aim is to improve FE Maruti might also have altered the gear ratios to complement the VVT tech. To cut it short taller gearing will improve FE and reduce the rpm s which I guess explains the lower rpm on the Dzire, Amaze as well as the Zest Revotron.

Solves it

Many thanks
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 21:02   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Not sure why you would compare the LXi(4.04lakhs) to the Magna (4.23lakhs), while price-wise Magna is closer to the VXi (4.35lakhs).
=======
PS : All feature and price (ex-showroom Chennai) taken from respective manufacturer websites.
Sir, I have a small doubt. In one of the car reviews I saw the photo of a diesel ritz VDI with a sound deadener. But so far I have not seen such a sound deadener in my ritz LDI. Is there a sound deadener as standard in all ritz VDIs?
Old 29th October 2014, 12:58   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit mishra View Post
Sir, I have a small doubt. In one of the car reviews I saw the photo of a diesel ritz VDI with a sound deadener. But so far I have not seen such a sound deadener in my ritz LDI. Is there a sound deadener as standard in all ritz VDIs?
I have not heard of any sound deadeners in any of the models of Ritz. Could you be more specific of what you are asking? Also provide photos if you have any
Old 29th October 2014, 13:30   #1303
Senior - BHPian

This is a competent car that has gone unnoticed as per Maruti standards.

Understated and under performed.

The reason is the "Boomerang" rear.
With facelifts being the flavour of the season, can Maruti rethink on the Rittz strategy, more so as the new Swift is marginally costlier and without any discounts on offer, the gap between Ritz and Swift will be enough to make someone with tighter budget look towards the Ritz.

Simple stop gap:
1) Re-work the rear completely
2) The interiors with a all new dash layout.

All new Ritz, blazing away with 6K+ sales.
Maruti is happy.
Customers are happier!!
Old 29th October 2014, 13:30   #1304
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit mishra View Post
There is no such deadening material in Ritz from factory.

Can you post that picture / link here?

Anurag.
Old 30th October 2014, 07:12   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
There is no such deadening material in Ritz from factory.

Can you post that picture / link here?

Anurag.
The sound deadener material was standard on the earlier model ritz. It is present in swift, dzire, sx4, ertiga. I am posting the link. You can see that the sound deadener fits the ritz engine bay perfectly.
https://www.google.co.in/search?hl=e....0.LZ0m5ezON0w

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks