Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 14:47   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
How come the swift was not discussed much? The Ritz is supposed to be detuned compared to the Swift so the swift should have faired better.
They drove a Swift petrol, not the diesel one.

Also, Ritz, they mentioned, no rattle or squeak.

But seriously, i20 diesel was the only car, I didn't feel slower than my Linea (or even slightly faster) when I test drove. I could clearly make out that others were slower. I test drove most of them on free roads, except for Punto (both petrol and diesel). Hope people don't bash me up for calling Linea faster than Swift

Last edited by opendro : 25th August 2009 at 14:51.
Old 25th August 2009, 14:52   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wasn't the i20 a diesel? I think the problem Shirish had was with the turbolag of that car. It became much worse at those altitudes (was only flipping channels so may be wrong).
Yes, he mentioned about the lack of punch below 3500 rmp in the i20 on those muddy uphill slopes, and had no option but to downshift to 1st gear to keep it in the power range. He also mentioned in a different part that the 1.4 CRDI in the i20 was in no way better than the 1.3 MJD in the Swift diesel.

IMO the ballgame could be different on plain roads and highways however.

Last edited by vnabhi : 25th August 2009 at 14:54.
Old 30th August 2009, 05:21   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Yes very severe turbo lag in the i20 CRDi. At those altitudes and the mountain climbs meant they struggled to keep the car in the turbo band.

The gearing of the i20 is also very tall.

How come the swift was not discussed much? The Ritz is supposed to be detuned compared to the Swift so the swift should have faired better.
They tested Petrol Swift and Diesel Splash. I guess Swift would have won if they would have tested with Swift Diesel. They could have faced issues with the Swift petrol's bottom end torque I guess.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:46   #469
Team-BHP Support

I intend to buy the Ritz Zxi Petrol. Questions -

- If I opt for the touchscreen JVC system, will the stereo mounted music player controls work?

- Autocar India suggests that Ritz is not suitable for highways. Is it really that bad? Is it better than Wagon R/Santro? I rarely go over 100 kmph.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:26   #470
ada
BHPian

What do they mean that the car is not suitable for highways? ZXI has broader tyres and I can reach 120 easily and stably even within city. Just get used to the car charecteristics first.
Old 1st September 2009, 22:20   #471
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
- Autocar India suggests that Ritz is not suitable for highways. Is it really that bad? Is it better than Wagon R/Santro? I rarely go over 100 kmph.
They are idiots! if they said that in terms of handling and engine.

I have a VDi ABS, with the same tyre size [upgraded] as Zxi. Trust me, 150km/h at 10:30am at Gurgaon expressway was pretty easy.

I also happen to own a WagonR! and have driven it for the last 50-60 thousand kms, WagonR does not even come closer to Ritz!

You don't drive over 100km/h? You won't even know when this car does 100 unless you are looking at the speedo.
Old 9th September 2009, 23:12   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
The only similarity between Ritz and WagonR/Santro is the "Tall boy design". Other than that Ritz cannot be compared with them. Your need of 100 kmph would be easily met. If you go for Zxi, the wider tyres should be good for highways too.
Old 10th September 2009, 23:37   #473
BHPian

dont blindly trust the mags!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
They are idiots! if they said that in terms of handling and engine.

I have a VDi ABS, with the same tyre size [upgraded] as Zxi. Trust me, 150km/h at 10:30am at Gurgaon expressway was pretty easy.

I also happen to own a WagonR! and have driven it for the last 50-60 thousand kms, WagonR does not even come closer to Ritz!

You don't drive over 100km/h? You won't even know when this car does 100 unless you are looking at the speedo.
all that these auto mags do these days is to praise certain brands and discount the others. One more thing to be kept in mind is the road testing persons personal bias. I have been a victim once but not again. Think of it this way, different people have different needs, tastes, preference', eg: one man's music is another man's noise/disturbance.

For the Steering wheel controls you could install a compatible interface kit. would cost around 3K to 5K depending on the type and location of your purchase.
Old 11th September 2009, 20:59   #474
Senior - BHPian

Found this on the Hyundai website.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-poster_ritz.jpg  

Old 11th September 2009, 22:33   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Lol! the i10 sounds desperate for attention in the comparison!

They did not add:
Celeb value: i10 has Shah Rukh Khan in the ad, Ritz does not have.
Old 12th September 2009, 22:35   #476
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
What the!....

I can add another one: Ritz also comes in Diesel! - More engine sound. i10 only smooth petrol.
Old 13th September 2009, 00:47   #477
Senior - BHPian

Nice! First it was the Santro Vs Swift comparison. Its i10 Vs Ritz!

We are coming close to American Advertising.
Old 14th September 2009, 12:20   #478
ada
BHPian

I wanted to rave and rant against the advertising, now I can only laugh.
Old 14th September 2009, 13:02   #479
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai should next compare the i10 and the wsift/dzire, the i10 and the SX4, i10 and the Grand Vitara and finally compare i10 and Alto to complete their desperate attempt!
Old 14th September 2009, 13:17   #480
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai just called the Ritz a washing machine

Looks like Hyundai is back to it's old tricks, taking cheap potshots and hitting below the belt. I don't know why they have always been so insecure. The i10 is easily outselling the Ritz every month despite the avaliablity of the diesel in Ritz. Years back the Santro was crushing the Matiz in sales and they still made fun of both the car and the company. Has anyone read the item no 7 on build quality? (Some of it is true though! Maruti do something about the build quality!)

The brochure at the bottom says "For internal circulation and training" Is that how Hyundai trains it's salespeople to sell cars?! By making fun of and insulting other cars?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks